the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Thanks alot to azaad and asigh...You both really helped me alot...
@ asigh - The link u gave to me was great, it really showed the way of changing the DRAM Frequency...
Keep up the good work guys...

Cheers,
Sid_gamer

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Yeah thanks to you and asigh it is running at 1600fsb...
asigh is really good at giving helpful links
BTW i have one question ....Why does it show in my system properties that i have 6.00 Gb RAM but 4.00 Gb is usable ????
Take a look here-

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Yeah i have a 64-bit OS...But i'm not able to figure out why it shows only 4.00 Gb usable out of the total 6.00Gb installed....
Let's see if anyone else knows about it !!!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
And mine is showing this..when I have 4 GB ram...! WHAT THE HECK............! Must be some bug within Windows. Will research, and get back to you. Sid_gamer, you ram is running fine. Did you run stability tests..?

Shoot...
*img69.imageshack.us/img69/2894/capturewei.png

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
I hope it's a bug with Windows, and yeah i will run the stability test today...
Which software should i use for memory testing ???

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
guys guys...plz help me out here... :)

one of my friend is coming from the U.S in the last week of may back to mumbai, so

1.) shud i get the Apple iPhone 3G or 3GS (not 4g, no way) or Google's NExus One (i am more inclined towards nexus one,as its android based and has many free apps online as compared to paid or limited apps of the Iphone)...IS there any vast difference b/w the price of 3G/3gs iphone and nexus one.>?? :confused:

also, i guess there shud NOT be any compatibility issues if i use the Nexus one here in Mumbai with my airtel sim (or any sim for tat matter) right..?? :confused:

2.) i hv also asked him to tell me the price of swiftech water cooler for my core i7, hopefully i can get a god price..

so plz tell me abt the fones as of now.. any ideas coz i hv never used any such fones in my life (jus my Nokia 5200)..so any tip, suggestion wud be gr8ly helpful... :)
------------

Cheers n e-peace....

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
original intel mobo VS third party

hi guys . tell me one thing that confused me so many times...:C_insane:

1.what is difference b/w original intel mobos and third party ones (gigabyte, asus, msi, asrock etc). i need a solid answer buddies...:C_rabbit:

2.I am going to build i5 machine . should i go for original intel mobo or third party. :???:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

1.) there is difference in the make, robustness and cost. many ppl (incl. me) prefer 3rd party built motherboards, the best brands to go in for are Evga, Asus (for extreme OverClocking) and highest stability, other gr8 brands wud be gigabyte, MSi etc..

2.) if u wana hv extra features like serious OCing, then go in for 3rd partyboards...

-----------

Cheers n e-peace....

joyarun

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

Can somebody tell me whether i3 processor is a symmetric
multiprocessing(smp) capable processor. could find out that i5 and i7 are.

thanks,

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
I guess he means to ask that; does the Core i3 processor support parallel processing capabilities in the form of multiple thread utilisation for completing a task like the i7 processors.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
It supports 4 threads. Not as good as the i7 where HT results in 8 threads.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

^^
I hope it's a bug with Windows, and yeah i will run the stability test today...
Which software should i use for memory testing ???

Sorry for the late reply. This wrong memory display, seems to be an OC issue. Will try to tweak some OC settings.

To test memory stability, run LinX.

joyarun

thanks for the reply.
wikipedia lists i5 and i7 as smp processors where all the processors will share the same main memory, where i3 was not there in the list. So want to ensure whether i3 also does share it's main memory with all the processors, irrespective of the threads available.

cooldude

Broken In
guys my i7 920 is constantly running at 2.79GHz from 5th day of purchase even if no process is running and CPU utilization is 1%
is this some thing to do with windows or what

WHY?????????????
This the cpu-z Validator output
Intel Core i7 920
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (Build 7600)
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 4 Cores - 8 Threads
CPU PSN : Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
CPU EXT : MMX, SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2), EM64T, VT-x
CPUID : 6.A.5 / Extended : 6.1A
CPU Cache : L1 : 4 x 32 / 4 x 32 KB - L2 : 4 x 256 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB
Core : Bloomfield (45 nm) / Stepping : D0
<red>Freq : 2800.16 MHz (133.34 * 21)</red>
MB Brand : Intel
MB Model : WX58BP
NB : Intel X58 rev 12
SB : Intel 82801JR (ICH10R) rev 00
GPU Type : Radeon HD 5670
GPU Clocks : Core 157 MHz / RAM 300 MHz
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 4096 MB DDR3 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 533.4 MHz (2:8) @ 7-7-7-19
Slot 1 : 2048MB (10700)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Kingston
Slot 2 : 2048MB (10700)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Kingston

*valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/1183624.png

d3basish

Hi cool kids, help this oldie with a new Core i7 based system.

Things i have zeroed on:

Processor - i7 920/930

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5

RAM - 2GB x 3 Corsair VS 1333MHz [coz the proc is triple channel, am i right here?]

Cabinet - iBall Work Horse [because of the top handle and space below it]

Western Digital 1TB Green HDD [hope this is good, seems to have better Cache memory of 64MB than most othes, IF that matters]

Please guide me on:

Graphics card - I never play games. But i will get a 24" full HD monitor to watch 1080p movies, so anything that will fit without being costly from nvidia [coz some nvidias are supported on Ubuntu with any luck]. 2/3.5k is my aim here.

PSU - Will iBall Sprinter 600W OR iBall Black Stallion 600W(with APFC) be good or i need anything from Coolermaster? Nothing too cheap or costly, just needs to do the job done fine.

Forget about :

Monitor,
UPS,
Inputs,
Audio outs :p

And also tell me if i am getting something wrong here. Thanks :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

sorry for the really late reply (was not active here) :)

well..

my suggestions wud be this:

1.) Cabinet: go in for Cooler Master CM 690, will cost u Rs.4.2K

2.) GPU (Graphics card): Go in for a ATi Radeon based card here, sum1 will suggest u4sure, as im a nVIDIA fan so dnt knw much abt ATi cards (yes, they are cheaper than nVIDIA), and yes u need to increase ur budget here from 2.5K as u will be getting a 24" Monitor, so better invest in a good/decent gpu, so budget needs to be increased..:)

3.) PSU: Go in for a 550W Corsair PSU and plz no iBALL here, its nothing in front of Corsair (Or Tagan, for tat matter)
----------------

Cheers n e-peace....

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

=====================
=====================

btw, guys planning to buy Xperia X10 (in 1-2 days), any thoughts on that...??? :)
======================

Cheers n e-peace....

Top Bottom