The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Let detection be, can today's anti-virus software effectively remove any known infection? In the life of me I've never that happen, it always leaves a few behind or doesn't clean the wreckage.

I rely more on the use of HijackThis and Unlocker and never bother running an anti-virus. They are all very very disappointing, and I don't need an anti-virus to know am infected, that's pretty obvious when it happens.

Still, is there one anti-virus that has cleaned your multiple infections completely, leaving behind no trace at all? I've tried AntiVir, NOD32, Norton, Kaspersky, McAfee, Avast and AVG so far.

So off the list, is BitDefender worth a try or should I just stick to my instincts and work more?

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I've been infected only once.... It was a worm.... I could clean it up completely with Norton. Ever since then, I've never been infected... AVs prevent your PC from infection. And Kaspersky is great in removal. And in addition to the tools you've mentioned, you'll need AVs to know the infected file so you can remove them...

OP
Indyan

Indyan

Here Since 2003
You have hit upon one of the biggest problem with Avira. It has so many token detections. It cant remove properly a lot of the detected threats.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Why don't you add the links to the online scanners in your first post? In case we need them, we won't have to search the whole thread for them.

avidgamer

Right off the assembly line
AVIRA ANTIVIR Personal free edition i have been using ..its the BEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! among all the Antiviruses !!!! it rocks !!!!
and u know which is the WORST:mad::mad::mad:---NOD 32 :eek::eek::eek: not norton !!! coz NOD damn crashed my system altogether !!! dont ever use it !!! its sucks !!!! N O D £" SUX...

stop being noobish.. NOD 32 is good. used it for a year before switching over to avast..

torrent08

Broken In
stop being noobish.. NOD 32 is good. used it for a year before switching over to avast..
:):mad::mad::mad::mad: NOd is not good at all !!!!! it sucks tats what i want to tell and i m sure majority of users will agree on tat !!!! i suffered tat much with that Stupid Anti virus called NOD 32..:mad::mad: So Avidgammer im sorry to agree with u..:D...
Delete NOD from ur system and Install ANTIVIR....u Will feel the difference :p

torrent08

Broken In
WTF!!!! :mad:
First of all, I use NOD32 and I find it to be the best and the lightest AV ever
secondly, using bold fonts will only lessen our respect towards you...why the hell do yu wnat to shout????
HEy thewisecrab !!!:mad::mad: ARE u a CRAB on ur own!!? why u using bad words like WTF..?? :confused::confused: and why the hell..?? :confused::confused: First control ur crab tongue !!! then u worry about the BIG Font Size..!! okay..??!! got it..!!!?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D i dont need ur damn respect also..;)

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
That isn't bad language, to get a taste of some REAL bad language, gimme your e mail address, and I'll show you what's real bad language. :-D
And a big, screaming font is more annoying.

And don't put contradicting smilies together.

And how come your posts aren't automerged???

Last edited:

torrent08

Broken In
That isn't bad language, to get a taste of some REAL bad language, gimme your e mail address, and I'll show you what's real bad language. :-D
And a big, screaming font is more annoying.

And don't put contradicting smilies together.

And how come your posts aren't automerged???
Dear Moderator !!! Please GIve a WARNING to " BETATESTING " :-xas he is trying to instigate problems here in this forum ...He / She is openely using foul language..Please look at the post he made here..

Thanks anyway !!!!:D

HEy thewisecrab !!!:mad::mad: ARE u a CRAB on ur own!!? why u using bad words like WTF..?? :confused::confused: and why the hell..?? :confused::confused: First control ur crab tongue !!! then u worry about the BIG Font Size..!! okay..??!! got it..!!!?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D i dont need ur damn respect also..;)
WTF is not bad language dude.... It is you who is being disrespectful here...I merely replied that I'm shocked that you said NOD32 is incapable of good protection, when it has served me well for the past 2 years......Thats all :|
Anyway, lets stop this flaming and enjoy the forum :)

@Indyan
Thanks for including the Online Scanners :)
PS. My 600th post :D

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Dear Moderator !!! Please GIve a WARNING to " BETATESTING " :-xas he is trying to instigate problems here in this forum ...He / She is openely using foul language..Please look at the post he made here..

Thanks anyway !!!!:D

YOU have a look at the post I made. Where did I use foul language?
You don't seem to know the definition of foul language.
Back to the topic plz.

torrent08

Broken In
YOU have a look at the post I made. Where did I use foul language?
You don't seem to know the definition of foul language. :eek::eek: Unfortunately it was u who all started all this crap !!!! However Mr BETA Testing..i feel we are all goi off the topic..!! so lets put an end to it !!!!:rolleyes::mad: Okay!!!!

So guys..Which antivirus provides Online Protection..?? mine ANTIVIR is a Free one and hence it does not..what abt u guys re the Crap Nod32 and the good Kaspersky..??

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
WTF is not bad language dude.... It is you who is being disrespectful here...I merely replied that I'm shocked that you said NOD32 is incapable of good protection, when it has served me well for the past 2 years......Thats all :|
Anyway, lets stop this flaming and enjoy the forum :)

@Indyan
Thanks for including the Online Scanners :)
PS. My 600th post :D

COngos on 600th post

On bad language

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF
Koi aab tak mara nahi!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:) I use Bitdefender 2009 Total Security & its really good...no viruses/malware/spyware @ all...& its gamer mode is smiply awesome...:D

For Free-Edition: I recommend Avast...or AVG

i dont like NOD32...i dont know y it didn't detected a single virus on my frnds PC...:-x..but after installing avast..it detected lots of viruses/worms etc...:cool:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well I dont use no antivirus and no firewall.

Previously I used AVIRA and Comodo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom