The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Avast 6 sometimes doesn't allow me to connect net on my PC. last time it happened yesterday evening.

also detection is not the best in class so i use standalone scanners: MBAM & Emsisoft AntiMalware & 1 scan with SAS every month.

funkysourav

What The.... !!!
samshab
you should try and install Avira Antivir Personal as a on demand scanner
i know that real time scanning may create clashes between avast and avira
but you can try "unchecking the GUARD MODULE" during the installation process of Avira, maybe that will work

also Avira has released an on Demand malware- Spyware cleaner "Avira De-Cleaner",
search for it
it is only available in German as of now, but the interface is really simple you wont have trouble using

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
samshab
you should try and install Avira Antivir Personal as a on demand scanner
i know that real time scanning may create clashes between avast and avira
but you can try "unchecking the GUARD MODULE" during the installation process of Avira, maybe that will work

also Avira has released an on Demand malware- Spyware cleaner "Avira De-Cleaner",
search for it
it is only available in German as of now, but the interface is really simple you wont have trouble using

thanks for this ;-)

will get it and test it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ kaspersky is a bloated AV app IMO so I stick with mich lighter and effective Avira Antivir Free - if you are interested give it a try ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is Avira Free edition is enuf or AVira Premium Edition?

Avira Premium is a complete Internet Security suite like KiS but if you want only a good reliable and functional non bloated Av then use Avira along with comodo and Malwarebytes Antimalware and of course with some necessary common sense - thats' all will keep your Pc always protected from malicious apps ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom