The next Unreal Tournament to be released free.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
People who have downloaded the alpha: Care for a deatmatch?
Let me know who all are in so that we can set a time to play a quick game or two?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Unreal Tournament » The Unreal Tournament Development Blog by Epic Games

There is a Download button. You will need to register in their forums.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
The progress bar does not display size but I guess its around 3-3.5 GB based on the time it took for me to download.

The uncompressed size, however is a whopping 7.5 GB :shock:
That's too much considering this is barely 10% of the completed game and textures and sound effects are yet to be added.
My advice to people who are keen on playing it would be to download the alpha right away since the finished product will be distributed through the same channel and it would be better to incrementally download as the game is being made rather than download the bulk once it is ready.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is how the game looks on my system. I have a weak HD7770 and it looks that good on medium-high settings.
I am using FXAA. The game also supports temporal AA which is better than FXAA, quality-wise, but hits my system's performance.

Sadly, it does not support MSAA which, IMO, is the best method in the industry right now. I hope they add MSAA in future version.

I am waiting for my GTX970/980 to fire this bad boy in all its glory!
*i.imgur.com/tUBdVHR.jpg
*i.imgur.com/BPgudH3.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Q1dYezQ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/sBPZAwz.jpg
*i.imgur.com/GksfWya.jpg
*i.imgur.com/X6gZYIr.jpg
*i.imgur.com/USciS5J.jpg
*i.imgur.com/CiHfEJe.jpg

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
80-100 FPS on medium-high with FXAA
40FPS on Epic(Their monicker for Ultra)
This is for the Outpost 23 map. There is a user-created DM-LEA which is more system demanding. There, the framerate varies between 60 to 30 FPS on medium-high and FXAA

The command is stat fps on UT's console. No need to use FRAPS.

When I try to play with bots, the framerate also drops a little. But I have a pretty good CPU(i7 3770) which is able to handle it well.

Some useful commands:

stat all (for all meta data)
stat fps (for just FPS)
HighResShot 1920x1080 (for taking a screenshot at a specific resolution)
HighResShot 1/2/3 etc (for taking a screenshot at multiples of your current resolution)

Cheats:
god (god mode)
loaded (all weapons)
allammo (all ammo)
killpawns(to remove all bots at once)
playersonly (to freeze the game except the player)
fly (to negate physics for the player)
ghost (no clip mode)

Last edited:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
one on one matches -- boring. People quit after 4-5 deaths without a score, or suicide or troll me by camping for infinite time untill they lose in time-out :(

Pub matches -- Everyone jumping like fcuking monkeys with whatever they have in hand, total chaos, anyone who gets lucky wins. I won a few times, i dont know why or how.

Same reason why I left UT pubs 6 years back. Anyway soundtracks are back!, deck 16 is back ! :D flak cannon is back! level design is awesome. Weapons are same from UT3..cant complain...pre-alpha.

Still wondering why they dint bring back the six barrel RL. If i just could get my hands on it:twisted:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Jumping around like monkey is what UT is all about, it takes little time as it is kind of its own type of game play..I know guys who can kill you like thousands of time and you can't even touch because they are freaking monkey in UT but still can aim and kill while they are just hopping around...

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Jumping around like monkey is what UT is all about, it takes little time as it is kind of its own type of game play..I know guys who can kill you like thousands of time and you can't even touch because they are freaking monkey in UT but still can aim and kill while they are just hopping around...

No one can kill me who I cant touch. From 2002-2007 I had my own clan, 6 teams and 24 players who i personally trained. UT is not about jump and shoot without purpose, a purpose to absolve agression and build godlike competence in agility while having a clear directive. But people these days make every damn game a fking twitch.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Got the game... It has facing worlds, awesome stuff. Not sure the new redeemer looks as impressive as the old one though

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
Most of the weapons are placeholders used from meshes of previous UT.

Flak Cannon, Enforcer and Shock Rifle are new. Rest will be getting updated looks soon.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Even the sniper looked new. The only major difference was how the redeemer explosions looked. All sparks and smoke, no shockwave

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
No one can kill me who I cant touch. From 2002-2007 I had my own clan, 6 teams and 24 players who i personally trained. UT is not about jump and shoot without purpose, a purpose to absolve agression and build godlike competence in agility while having a clear directive. But people these days make every damn game a fking twitch.
This is exactly the reason why arena FPS are dying breed. There is a huge learning curve associated with games like these.
While purists would love to game against equally skilled players, the newbies get tired of getting pwned for hours and then quit out of frustration.
I don't see this game being accepted by the vast majority of COD/BF gamers who are used to the console quality pace. It would be too damn hard for them.

Top Bottom