The New iPAD

aroraanant

Explorer
Well we haven't got any name for the new ipad, may be it will be called the ipad touch but still we are waiting for the announcement.
It is powered with a quad-core A5X processor and a high definition 'Retina Display' at 2048 x 1536 pixels, it has more 'over a million more' pixels than an HDTV in your living room. This, like Asus's Transformer 3 Android tablet, is more than the human eye can see.
iPad is slightly thicker and slightly heavier: 8.8mm goes up to 9.4mm and and 1.3lb to 1.4lb. But same price, same battery life. And also added to the new iPad, further emphasising Siri-type functions.

more updates coming soon....

Update:
Pre-orders start today and you can buy a new iPad on March 16.

New iPad has most wireless bands of any device that has never shipped.

The picture below shows off the difference between the iPad 2 screen and the new iPad (still no name!) retina display (right)
*i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02161/retina_2161717a.jpg

It has a new 5MP camera with auto-exposure and auto-focus

The iPad can also now function as a personal hotspot (requires carrier support). Up to five devices

Today, iPad 2 will start at $399

Nobody's called it the iPad 3, or iPad HD, or anything else yet. It's simply been referred to as the "new iPad" and "third-generation iPad."

Cook says: "Only Apple could deliver this kind of innovation in such a beautiful, integrated, and easy to use way. It's what we love to do. It's what we stand for. And across the year, you're going to see a lot more of this kind of innovation. We are just getting started."

varunparakh

Gamer in me
iPad 2 will now cost ~20k and the new-iPad 25k (16Gig versions i.e)from HK or US!! Phew!
We want an official iStore in India mann!! Reliance isnt doing us any justice!

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Update
It supports 1080p video recording.

A series of better apps are released too specially for the "new ipad", and the highlight looks to be picture editor iPhoto.

It has a voice dictation feature

And crucially, it will work with new high-speed 4G LTE networks from AT&T and Verizon. It will also work two other new mobile networks, which will be important outside the U.S: HSPA+ and dual-channel HSDP.

We want an official iStore in India mann!! Reliance isnt doing us any justice!

We have official istore in India.
I have visited the official istore in Delhi.
Please have a look at Apple's website for the same.

NOTE:
One thing I would like to make it clear that I have not written the whole post,I have copied most of it and edited a few things as I have to updated the post as soon as the news was coming live on various websites.

sainath

Android Addicted
Well we haven't got any name for the new ipad, may be it will be called the ipad touch but still we are waiting for the announcement.
It is powered with a quad-core A5X processor and a high definition 'Retina Display' at 2048 x 1536 pixels, it has more 'over a million more' pixels than an HDTV in your living room. This, like Asus's Transformer 3 Android tablet, is more than the human eye can see....

But the GSMARENA says it has Dual Core processor?

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
Evey website has reported that it has quad core.
I think gsmarena has done some mistake as it is all over the internet that it has quad-core A5X

Just came through this:
The processor inside is not a quad-core A6 but a dual-core A5X with quad-core graphics.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I was up at night, watching Engadget live blog...

This gadget is amazing value for money.... Unbeatable...

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Update
We have official istore in India.
I have visited the official istore in Delhi.
Please have a look at Apple's website for the same.

Any we have Reliance in collaboration in other cities, the products arnt up to date and costly as well! iPad2 costs ~30k :(

OP
aroraanant

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^
There are official istores in other cities also, but not in small cities, they are in only metropolitan cities

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Any videos showing them using the new ipad??
Tim Cook say Ipad has sold more than any pc in the world.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Big mouthed apple claiming a5x to be 4x faster than tegra 3...lol....will see benchmarks once its out..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Big mouthed apple claiming a5x to be 4x faster than tegra 3...lol....will see benchmarks once its out..

4X faster in GPU department... I am sure 4+1 cores of Tegra 3 can easily beat the dual core A5X in raw CPU power...

Top Bottom