The Minimalist Thread

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Did you like Fight Club (the movie) ?

Is extremism the opposite of minimalism ? If not, sorry, wrong post.

I am a somewhat opposite of you. But I don't think I am going into extremism.Lets see

I hate home made food, I mostly eat out . Almost every weekend at Malls (not at very expensive restaurants though) and this includes Pizza Hut, Domino, CCD & Starbucks.
If its hot, I turn on the AC, & not just that I see it as anyways I spend on weekends so why save on little things (Only applies when things are within my reach).
I'm not interested in mobile, but PC.. yeah definitely, its among my top priorities. If there's something i need, I'll get it. I guess people don't mind spending a lot on what interests them.

I think happiness is overrated.

I meant extremism in the sense of trying to save the last penny, being extremely frugal in expenditure. Extremism can be interpreted in both ways though.

I am curious as to why you hate home made food. As per my experience, nothing can match the food prepared by my mother and it is a blessing that i live at my home , still toning down frivolous expenses. I never eat at office canteen. Even in hot summer, i return to my home to take lunch(its 2 kms away).

I'm really reevaluating my definition of happiness. Do i really need to own devices to increase my happiness? Not really!. I was a child once and my happiness was totally unconditional. I am becoming more and more interested in just being. Its hard to explain. For starters, read about this man who quit money and went to live a natural life in the woods. Sala sab musibat ki jad aur bi zyada paisa/shoharat/izzat kamana hai aur ye kabi khatam ni hoga. Hum sab bhool gaye hai kya hota hai taron ke neeche sona/ barish me bheegna/ khulke hasna vageyra vageyra

The Man Who Lives Without Money

OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
me too. for that one day, i will put my minimalistic tendencies on hold and watch it at inox :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^go to top right corner, there should be a blank star. touch it, and it will turn to a yellow colored star. and you'll get a message saying you are subscribed to the thread.
if the star is not there, you can touch on the 3 vertical dots and in the drop down list touch on Subscribe.

hope this helps :)

Hrishi

I am not minimalist but I am biased towards Value for Money Objects. Not materialistic but at the same time I love to buy things for which I am passionate about. Technology and Gadgets are one of them.
Although , it's true that getting bored after a month of usage or two happens a lot , but still the first one month were worth it.!

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Don't buy Apples!!!!
they are pretty minimalistic!

my grand aunt
sweeps fallen mango tree leaves in morning
uses leaves as fuel to heat water
uses ash of burnt leaves to clean vessels
water from cleaning goes directly to roots of mango tree

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

my grand aunt

true minimalist.

my sincere :pray: to her :)

Hrishi

my grand aunt

i meant the other one...

Good thread, but seems like what I would do in a parallel universe. I look ahead of my life to have an early retirement and then travel the world.

Although I spend a considerable amount of money on intoxicating myself, only for the sole reason of finding happiness from the stress I have to take to reach my goals. Once you are in, you are in for life.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=22610]hsr[/MENTION]

Basically what you are doing is rewarding yourself with pleasure in the most effortless and impatient way. Tickling the pleasure points of brain.

Top Bottom