The LG Optimus One Thread

Neo

Don't know for you guys, but I'm pretty much happy with LASTKISS.
at least there are no lags or anything XD

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I will probably go back to my Nandroid backup of Arjen's Nightly... or probably some Gingerbread release like GingerDX...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I flashed GingerDX today morning... Used it for a few hours... It was smooth, but still hated it...

Came crawling back to ICS...

@Vipul^^^

Will try out Jerry's ICS ROM today...

kaz

right here
any one interested in the new JB ROM by adfad666
[ROM][CM10][EXPERIMENTAL] CyanogenMod like you've never seen before! - xda-developers

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
do provide some updates then :)

Adfad's Jelly Bean ROM...

I flashed this ROM. It was very very smooth... a few graphics glitches here and there, but overall very smooth...

Loved the new notifications pane...

Problems...
1. No ringer sound or vibration when I receive a phone call.
2. Vonage did not work. Could not talk or listen to the other person.
3. A few FCs here and there, but nothing major...

Tested a lot of other apps... Link2SD, Whatsapp, Google+, Gmail... everything works perfectly fine...

vipul619

whodiswhodat
any one interested in the new JB ROM by adfad666
[ROM][CM10][EXPERIMENTAL] CyanogenMod like you've never seen before! - xda-developers

thnx for this heads up, downloading now :D
Rashed's CM10 seemed fairly odd :/

EDIT: Ok so i flashed the ROM and it's blazing fast as compared to Rashed's build!
But as in Rashed's build can someone tell me how to free up App storage space that is taken by default even though i have no apps installed.
In short i have 64mb used with no apps installed, how do i clear it?

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Adfad's Jelly Bean ROM...

I flashed this ROM. It was very very smooth... a few graphics glitches here and there, but overall very smooth...

Loved the new notifications pane...
Yeah the notification of JB is so cool....I tried that on the Paranoid JB

Problems...
1. No ringer sound or vibration when I receive a phone call.
2. Vonage did not work. Could not talk or listen to the other person.
3. A few FCs here and there, but nothing major...

Tested a lot of other apps... Link2SD, Whatsapp, Google+, Gmail... everything works perfectly fine...
Hope to see some changes soon as this is experimental. next will be beta, right?

thnx for this heads up, downloading now :D
Rashed's CM10 seemed fairly odd :/

EDIT: Ok so i flashed the ROM and it's blazing fast as compared to Rashed's build!
But as in Rashed's build can someone tell me how to free up App storage space that is taken by default even though i have no apps installed.

try removing some apps or check useless apps in the rom and remove them before flashing

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hope to see some changes soon as this is experimental. next will be beta, right?

rashed said he'll include these changes to the next rom. maybe CM10 final will reflect these changes.

go through this app list. Check what apps you don't need and replace/remove them accordingly also LatinIME (keyboard) can be stripped down. I have a old LatinIME of 2.43MB only but most likely won't work with the new build. Moreover you can also edit some folders like PicoTTS (text to speech), extra (some random CM junk), media (open and remove files, don't delete).

vipul619

whodiswhodat
try removing some apps or check useless apps in the rom and remove them before flashing

go through this app list. Check what apps you don't need and replace/remove them accordingly also LatinIME (keyboard) can be stripped down. I have a old LatinIME of 2.43MB only but most likely won't work with the new build. Moreover you can also edit some folders like PicoTTS (text to speech), extra (some random CM junk), media (open and remove files, don't delete).

After i had installed, i as usually i do, deleted around 20 system apps.
But it didn't affect the Internal app space, it just emptied out system ROM space.
I want to empty out the 60-70 MB out of 200MB internal app stoarge, which is always full even with no apps installed.
If and when adfad will release a new verion, i'll do a full wipe and explain to you with screenshots what i mean.

GenetICS Released by Hephappy : xda-developers - View Single Post - [DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

Yeah I saw that, but what really is the 3.0 kernel about/benefits?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you need to remove apps before flashing the rom. thats the only way you can force the whole rom to fit into the system directory. open the zip file. navigate to system/app/ and get rid of live wallpapers, extra folder. this will reduce the used space sufficiently. if you want to experiment further you can try removing a few library files (check adam's thread for list of *.so files) that will further free up like ~10MB
in my case the rom is reduced by 30MB.

with kernel 3.0 don't expect anything new other than security as well as stability fixes.

Xbox

Inclined to Tech
tested lastkiss,Aokp,Oxygen ICS roms but all are failed when it comes to playing youtube videos..!! For me Lastkiss provided better ICS experience..

Anybody tried Icysnap.. i am still waiting for a ICS or JB Rom that can play HQ videos smoothly.....?:-(

Top Bottom