The LG Optimus One Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok, so I activated a plan for Rs. 60 for 14 days, with a limit of 1 GB.
(Wanted 3G plan, but its too costly, Rs. 99 for 30 days, with JUST 200MB limit! Gosh! Who makes such stupid plans!)

Anyway, so now I am on Internet, I was able to activate ThinkFree Office. But that Game app which was preloaded on the set, is useless. Didn't work. I am surprised that there's no good games bundled with the set.

But I liked some of the apps. Like Aldiko, a virtual library, which already had a book from one of my fav author, "H. G. Wells", and PNR Status Checker, and the obvious, FB, GMail, and GTalk app. Em' loving it :-D

Also, typing is a PITA now. With two keyboards to choose from, LG and Android one. Both have some advantages over the other. Will take some time to get used to.

Now I got to know why the battery of Android is hated so much. Didn't lasted for even 24 hours. And I didn't even use graphics intensive apps, or watch any videos! Just surfing, and FM. Maybe, Cyanogen mod will help, when I will install it after a month.

Btw, I was wondering if there's any Tapatalk free alternative?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
games? :shock:
your O1 came preloaded with games? damn, mine came with a ton of crapware but 0 games.

keep using for a week & battery backup will increase. and avoid killing apps ;-)

forget cyanogenmod. its a crapware bomb. we have 3 good project @ XDA for O1: oxygen rom port, pheonix & AOSP rom.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You misinterpreted, what I wrote!
Let me say in a clear way this time...

There was just a single app, named, "Games", but it said, "Sorry, no game available for your handset model." So it didn't work.
And there are NO other games bundled, of which I am surprised! :shock:

But how over time, backup time would increase? And I read an article on why task killers is not a good idea. Now thinking to uninstall that app! :)

Will research over custom ROM's next month. Right now, I am fiddling with XDA and Google Plus apps! :-D

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
You misinterpreted, what I wrote!
Let me say in a clear way this time...

There was just a single app, named, "Games", but it said, "Sorry, no game available for your handset model." So it didn't work.
And there are NO other games bundled, of which I am surprised! :shock:

i installed custom rom even before i was able to fully explore the stock OS. maybe thats why i missed.

But how over time, back time would increase! And I read an article on why task killers is not a good idea. Now thinking to uninstall that app! :)

not much idea about that but you should get ~40hrs backup after a month.

uninstalling that app means rooting, installing titanium backup & then kicking it out. better keep it as it is & later jump directly to ICS, avoiding all these cleaning stuff.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks krishnandu! :-D

@Sam: That's is surprising! The fact that battery could increase from less than 24 to greater than 40 hrs is hard to believe, but I would take your word for it.

About ICS you maybe right. Although I would want to experience gingerbread too! Don't want to leave any delicacies without tasting! :D

mobileN00b

Broken In
Hello friends,
I am planning to buy an android in 10k range for my brother. His main requirements are watching videos and browsing net. Now 2 handsets come to mind, optimus one and optimus net but I can't decide which one should go for. How is the 3g and Wifi speeds for these set? He won't be modding the phone so have to rely on stock roms. One demerit I came across the sets is no adobe flash integrations which means it can't open flash content in websites. I was considering HTC explorer which is a clone of LG set with latest Sense UI(best stock android experience, since he won't mod) and flash plug-in but the on the downside low battery backup. Still I am inclined towards the LG performers. Please suggest which to go for optimus one or optimus net. (Optimus Net got bad reviews from phone arena and tech2 )

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
either go for Optimus One (update it to gingerbread). if you want HTC, Wildfire S can be had for 13k. also can consider is Dell XCD35. it has a slightly bigger screen & battery backup is also not bad.

mobileN00b

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestion Sam. Budget is 10k max so have to go either with optimus one or net. But since my brother won't be modding it, which will be better with the stock rom GB 3.3 ? Are LG stock roms stable or should i go with htc explorer 10800 , heard it got best/stable stock android experience. Please throw some light on this.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Android 2.2 rom for optimus one is pretty stable except that it comes bundled with a few annoying/useless apps, but the 2.3 update is not good. i haven't tested official 2.3 update personally so can't comment. if your bro is not into customization & modding, 2.2 & 2.3 won't make much difference other than the latter having a black status bar.

mobileN00b

Broken In
Thats great to hear but I think optimus one officially got GingerBread update and net comes with GB out of the box. Is GB stable on the device?If yes then ,I got only two sets on my radar one and net with a bump in procc speed. So which one would you suggest?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
either go for Optimus One (update it to gingerbread). if you want HTC, Wildfire S can be had for 13k. also can consider is Dell XCD35. it has a slightly bigger screen & battery backup is also not bad.

+1

Thats great to hear but I think optimus one officially got GingerBread update and net comes with GB out of the box. Is GB stable on the device?If yes then ,I got only two sets on my radar one and net with a bump in procc speed. So which one would you suggest?

As recently as last month, New Dell XCD35 was available on Indiaplaza and other websites for 6.3k. Its a good phone.

Forget Optimus One. Its price has not come down even though it is already severely outdated hardware-wise... If your brother is not into modding, then don't buy the Optimus One... Wait for a decent offering for Samsung in the 10k price range. Current Samsung phones in that range have a crappy screen resolution.

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Guys
1. Does LG One have a equalizer by default??
Why LG Net dont have the same ?? One of my friend not going to buy it just becoz of the equalizer.

2. I have used Galaxy Ace for 1 hour. I liked the fone but why people here dont suggest Ace??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Guys
1. Does LG One have a equalizer by default??
Why LG Net dont have the same ?? One of my friend not going to buy it just becoz of the equalizer.

2. I have used Galaxy Ace for 1 hour. I liked the fone but why people here dont suggest Ace??

1. nope. but there are literally unlimited music players with equalizer & most of them are free.
net uses same stuff & so equalizer is missing.

2. ace is overpriced.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ 6.3k?? kidding? just bought it for 8.5k!! :(

@ AndroidFan
I am also seeing 8.5k for Dell XCD35 online. Is there any new samsung model coming up in the 10k range?

Best Deal I found for that phone...

Go to Koovs - Pay Rs. 7990 = Rs.16000 to avail an Dell XCD35 Mobile that comes with a 1 year warranty and other amazing features. Offer valid till stock lasts. FREE Shipping | All India Deal

Dell XCD35 available for 7990.

Use Coupon Code KOOVSNOV600 for additional Rs 600 discount for a final price of 7390.

Cheers!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^which version you flashed??

Many peoples are experiencing fast battery drain on v2.0a. If you are on 2.0a flash back 1.1, it's more stable.

Otherwise you can try Battery Calibration app and see if you get any positive results.

Top Bottom