The LG Optimus One Thread

Mr.rebel

Broken In
OH my GOd

what is this!!

my one day used LG optimus one got freezed. I don't know what to do.
I restarted my phone when the proximity sensor not worked. upto that all went well.

after restarting, the phone still stucks on the android logo after showing the lg logo.

I removed sd card , sim and checked , still the same
before that my phone has got 38MB free in phone memory.

friends please help me.
urgent

I removed battery, pressed the power button after holding the home and volume down button .

a new screen appeared.nothing happend for 2 times.
then after the third, my phone restarted.

all the phone memory lost.
I think it is factory resetted. the. battery left earlier was 20% and now just 6%

I don't know what happend.
can u guys tell me about it? why such problems occure in a fresh, unrooted phone? Is it a problem with LG ? will my phone encounter such problems in future>??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what was the Android version? really strange. these problem are common in rooted Androids with custom roms.

yes, you factory reseted your mobile.

i am having a strange problem too. i tried titanium backup but it got stuck in asking permission page. i factory reseted my mobile (from recovery) & tried again but again same problem.

PS: superuser stuck in updating binary.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya, O2 is really nice :)

No lag, no black screen, no wake lock till now.

Will post battery stats today at night.

Well, I'm really loving it ;)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
What I'm loving more about this ROM is, at least all the basic things works fine.

Except Camera Video as mentioned in the thread itself. Which I guess will be fixed soon.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i am yet to rest video using my O1's camera :mrgreen:

i lost root in my CM7. can't reinstall CM7 as recovery says MD5 doesn't match. what problems :-x

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
You mean nand backup or the ROM zip file??

BTW here's a short review(may be experience is what I should say) on O2 for O1 :D

No OC. This is just with the Stock ROM as it came. Will start OC'ing from today.

Overall, all the basic features like data, gps, music, camera, bluetooth, fm radio etc. as stated working fine. Though there are few problems which is noticeable. Like today when I turned on gps, it was working but gps icon was not there in the notification bar. After a reboot it's got fixed.

As the development thread already says, video using camera not working. Youtube has a green line.

Don't ask about tethering, as the feature is not there in this ROM.

Quadrant scores are really low, didn't even crossed 1000. Neocore gave 49fps as avg.

Other than these, battery life is really excellent. Now the screen-shots should speak themselves :D

*i.imgur.com/R8Yn3.png

Don't bother about the battery, it's yesterday's screenshot, after I flashed the ROM. Took it to post on FB. You can check the time :D

*i.imgur.com/IlZWh.png

Around 11 hours 30 mins of (light) usage and only 7% with calls and sms. Isn't it excellent?? Wait..!! This is without WiFi / GPS / Data. Will post another before going to sleep..!!

*i.imgur.com/1g1Pr.png

*i.imgur.com/QSkZq.png

The basic home screen, for them who want screenshot before trying it out :p

*i.imgur.com/IhXYp.png

Dev tools..?? Let's check it out..!!

*i.imgur.com/3taJw.png

*i.imgur.com/LPr1Q.png

*i.imgur.com/SLRo1.png

From status bar, you can customize basic things, like battery percentage.

*i.imgur.com/bDqtJ.png

*i.imgur.com/3orYs.png

Notice the green bar above the video. *Bug

NOTE : I'd suggest to flash GAPPS, as the one included in ROM only contains, Market, Gtalk, Gmail. Other than that you need to download everything else, like facebook, twitter, youtube, maps and even the file manager. Yes, there is no file manager by default.

In spare parts, I couldn't find sensors, so can't comment on that.

Hope I didn't missed anything, I'll check again and report back if by chance I've missed something.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ROM file. well doesn't matter. O2 is the way to go.

thanks for the nice review. covers all the important parts. and they included a tons of useful features as well as settings. nice to know. will come handy at times.

missed something. flash player works?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
So here's the battery stats after using WiFi and GPS for around 6 hours...

*i.imgur.com/Jytee.png

@Sam, yes flash is working fine...

*i.imgur.com/2WobZ.png

One more thing, camera quality is not so good like CM7, Camera360 produces better results than stock camera.

I think, devs should look at camera's colour reproduction. It used to produce great results on LG Stock ROM. Anyway, 3MP camera doesn't matter much.

Camera360
*i.imgur.com/GoBUU.jpg

Stock Camera
*i.imgur.com/HnAbh.jpg

As you can see, stock one produces grainy pics like it used to on CM7.

So Finally,
O2 is really the way to go for O1. Though it needs some more modifications and optimizations, which will be done in the near future I guess.

I'll start OC'ing my ROM now, will post tomorrow, if any diff. found in performance.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Sam, My CM7 6.5.8 is working fine as of now... FServe's 18c 19.4 BFS based kernel reduced idle battery drain to a trickle... I am a very heavy user so have to recharge at the end of the day... But its working fine...

IMO, if I can get a new Nexus S for around 15k in a couple of months, I would love to shift immediately... O1 is entry level toy compared to the Nexus S...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@krishnandu, thanks. actually i am waiting for the next update to the O2 rom. don't want to shift to a new rom now & see an update to the same rom the next day.

@AndroidFan, yup. idle consumption is really low. but once you turn on GPRS, battery gets drained as fast as using WiFi. even without using flash/stock browser.

well, 15k is good pricing for NS with ICS ready :smile: i'll stick to my O1 for 2yr more (at max).

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok, so here's another update..!!

OC : 768/480 (Default was 600/245)
I/O Sheduler : noop (Default was bfq)
Governer : Smartass (Default was same)

SmartAssV2 is not available on this ROM.

Quadrant Score
*i.imgur.com/EhjvV.png

Neocore
*i.imgur.com/0i2Wy.png

Earlier when I checked it crossed 57fps :D

Now it's time for another surprise..!!
*i.imgur.com/IROM2.png

Do I need to say more?? ;)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Seems like one can charge his mobile after every 2days that also with heavy usage.

Will try playing games continuously for few hours tomorrow and check the battery stats :p

What more one can expect?? ;)

*i.imgur.com/XwYLg.png

O2 on O1 :D

Top Bottom