The LG Optimus One Thread

nj_gamer

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I've been running Mik's CM7 port for quite some time now, I want to upgrade to 6.5.8 I have a few doubts regarding it.

1)Do i have to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache? or just the 2 caches would suffice? I'm currently running francisco's 19.4 kernel, so just confused about what to wipe. I don't mind wiping everything. as i've backed up most of my data.
2)I'm using Link2SD and i've stored many apps in the ext4 partition of my microsd card, How do i back up the apps stored in the card, I use titanium, but will it restore the apps to the ext4 partition? or do i install Link2SD and do the linking again?
3)I'm using amon_ra's Thunderg custom recovery, should i change to clockwork? If i have to, then how to i remove amon_ra's custom recovery and replace it with Clockwork recovery?

Hope i was clear enough in describing my questions.

-Nj

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hi All,

I've been running Mik's CM7 port for quite some time now, I want to upgrade to 6.5.8 I have a few doubts regarding it.

1)Do i have to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache? or just the 2 caches would suffice? I'm currently running francisco's 19.4 kernel, so just confused about what to wipe. I don't mind wiping everything. as i've backed up most of my data.

Cleaning both the cache should suffice but better clean data. After flashing 6.5.8 if you want you can flash any kernel again without any problem.

2)I'm using Link2SD and i've stored many apps in the ext4 partition of my microsd card, How do i back up the apps stored in the card, I use titanium, but will it restore the apps to the ext4 partition? or do i install Link2SD and do the linking again?

No idea. Wait for others to respond, as I don't use these stuffs.

3)I'm using amon_ra's Thunderg custom recovery, should i change to clockwork? If i have to, then how to i remove amon_ra's custom recovery and replace it with Clockwork recovery?

Nope, you don't need to change your recovery. Flash it using Amon_RA.

Hope i was clear enough in describing my questions.

-Nj

nj_gamer

Right off the assembly line
@krishnandu.sarkar
Thanks for clearing the doubts :) I'll wait for others regarding the Link2SD part...

The reason why i asked about Clockwork recovery is because Mik's instruction on updating the newest google apps is via clockwork, is there a way to do it via amon_ra thunderG?

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@nj_gamer Generally people use CWM, and for newbies installing it is most easier, as it can be installed automatically using ROM Manager without any need to adb and all.

So generally dev's over XDA refer to CWM.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
not able to save a screen shot in new CM7 update.....same for all?

i can.

but i have a BIG problem. raise the minimum frequency to 480 & BAM!!! kernel panic. & now i was using Internet on my PC through USB tethering & suddenly kernel panic again. don't know whats wrong. will reflash the rom. also battery backup has gone down a lo after i calibrated battery once.

ohhh!! it looks stunning!:)):razz:...may i please know the price and is it an Android phone?:neutral: ? ?

hmmm.

The reason why i asked about Clockwork recovery is because Mik's instruction on updating the newest google apps is via clockwork, is there a way to do it via amon_ra thunderG?
@nj_gamer Generally people use CWM, and for newbies installing it is most easier, as it can be installed automatically using ROM Manager without any need to adb and all.

So generally dev's over XDA refer to CWM.

or switch to TWRP recovery. flash it using amonra recovery.

pratheekb96

Unemployed
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i flashed miks latest version today (6.5.8) and it was very unstable so i went back to miks older stable version 6.5.5 which i use regularly and without problems but, after flashing it i cant see my status bar any more and the phone keeps rebboting at the CM7 logo :shock::shock::shock:
i dont know wat to do!!! the phone restarts at the CM7 logo after just abt 2 seconds at the lockscreen once it starts up!! pleeeezzz help!!!

pratheekb96

Unemployed
but i dont want to lose any of my app data or anything like that....
and also, mik said that v shud update google apps to the latest version through clockwork mod but i wanted to retain amonra so i flashed 6.5.8 without updating the gapps....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i flashed miks latest version today (6.5.8) and it was very unstable so i went back to miks older stable version 6.5.5 which i use regularly and without problems but, after flashing it i cant see my status bar any more and the phone keeps rebboting at the CM7 logo :shock::shock::shock:
i dont know wat to do!!! the phone restarts at the CM7 logo after just abt 2 seconds at the lockscreen once it starts up!! pleeeezzz help!!!

but i dont want to lose any of my app data or anything like that....
and also, mik said that v shud update google apps to the latest version through clockwork mod but i wanted to retain amonra so i flashed 6.5.8 without updating the gapps....

Bro... I am also on Amonra...

Do this...

Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache... Then Flash Mik 6.5.8 again and then wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache again...

Reboot device to Android... It will be unstable without GAPPS... mine was also very unstable...

Again enter Recovery. Flash the latest GAPPS update from Amonra itself... -- *goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Clear cache and Dalvik cache and reboot to Android again...

That way your phone would become stable. Without GAPPS, it is unstable... Also, don't forget to flash Franco's latest kernel or fserve's spinoff of it...

All the best...

Cheers!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
always use nandroid backup or at least use titanium backup.

about the stuck in CM logo, read this:
If you get bootloop or stuck at LG logo do next:
Sometimes Recovery can't format /system so you need to clear /system manually. You can do it with this zip (flash as always in recovery), or in mounts menu (clockworkmod recovery only), or with adb:
1. Mount /system in recovery.
2. adb shell rm -rf /system/*
You get 1 error. This is ok.

but even i have faced same problem before (don't remember which version it was, etc) but flashing the patch didn't help.

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
i'm making a ROM just like HTC Sense based on CM7
UI+Performance=:D

Keeeeeep it up dude .... Il be waiting for it .... Gona buy OP1 soon ... and as soon as ibuy it ... Wuld put mik's CM7 mod ...
Has ne1 put the latest .... beta6.5.8 (2011-10-10)
???? Hows it working ???

Last edited:

Jishnu

Broken In
Sorry guys.I am LATECOMER...:mrgreen:

I have been a proud owner of O1.I bought the phone 3 MONTHS AGO.:shock:

I came to know abt this thread arnd these days.

Anyway I have rooted and flashed CM7 mikos port 6.5.8 and its goddamn GOOD.

UNLOCK UR PHONE's TRUE POTENTIAL guys...

With STOCK ROM O1's just a LION IN A CAGE.....:evil:

pratheekb96

Unemployed
Bro... I am also on Amonra...

Do this...

Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache... Then Flash Mik 6.5.8 again and then wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache again...

Reboot device to Android... It will be unstable without GAPPS... mine was also very unstable...

Again enter Recovery. Flash the latest GAPPS update from Amonra itself... -- *goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Clear cache and Dalvik cache and reboot to Android again...

That way your phone would become stable. Without GAPPS, it is unstable... Also, don't forget to flash Franco's latest kernel or fserve's spinoff of it...

All the best...

Cheers!

THANK U SO MUCH!!!! it finally started working!!! i owe u one bro!!:)):)):))

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Sorry guys.I am LATECOMER...:mrgreen:

I have been a proud owner of O1.I bought the phone 3 MONTHS AGO.:shock:

I came to know abt this thread arnd these days.

Anyway I have rooted and flashed CM7 mikos port 6.5.8 and its goddamn GOOD.

UNLOCK UR PHONE's TRUE POTENTIAL guys...

With STOCK ROM O1's just a LION IN A CAGE.....:evil:

Hey can u post me a HOW - To and d files u used .. Im desperately dyin to do it .... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i have the mik_os.zip file (86mb) ... getting gapps now

Last edited:
Top Bottom