The LG Optimus One Thread

pratik385

In the zone
have you tried fserve's new gbs kernel.
i think CM7 6.5.7 + fserve's kernel should give you more battery life.

if you are getting 3 days with the stock ROM then this should give 4 days or more.

tarun, will do this weekend :D

battery life improved a bit. specially when you game it drains battery a bit slowly now. but when i listen to music, battery drain is faster than wifi/GPRS usage :-?

you post and taruns contradicts :p
you using the same ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, I'm using CM7 6.5.7 + Fserve's GBS v18a

But don't know I'm getting bad battery life than before.

Though I strongly think it's because I did Battery Calibration. As when i did that, I was on Franco v19.4 and my battery life drastially reduced. Then I flashed GBS.

Still no good result. Doing battery calibration was a bad decission for me. Lets wait for few days and see if it gets better.

gmg9

in the kaya
getting a very strange problem.. nt sure if its a rom/kernel problem or my msp problem..

i am using a widget call open signal map.. its show ur data type etc..
most of time i use wifi. sometimes i use gprs/edge (no 2g/3g).. what i realize after i use data for a while and disable it by settings/notification area, then after some time if i try to enable it, its just dont working .. the edge data connection just stop like magic whatever i try to do.

the widget (open signal map) showed "2.75G / edge" before and while i was using data. bt after i disable it, after sometime its showing "2.5G / gprs" .. so may be thats why its not connected to my msp data..

if i restart the phone, the problem gone.. again data on edge working.. bt again after sometime of disable it, the problem starts again.. its very annoying to everytime restart my phone just to use data connection..

do u guys face similar kind of problem.. plz help... having no clue here :-(

rom: mik cm7.1 RC1 6.5.7
kernel: franco 19.4 bfs
cpu oc: 245/600 smartass v2

Neo

has anybody seen the new market?
i just got it when i flashed a ROM.
but the ROM was not stable so i reflashed cm7 and now the new market is gone .
can someone explain me a reason?

PS: the new market is amazing.

blackpearl

The Devil
I need an application that can tell me how much phone memory an app is using. Not RAM but internal Flash memory. I'm down to just 18 MB free space :( Need to uninstall small crap LG installed. Haven't rooted the phone yet. I hope it's smooth and uneventfull.

Rooting doesn't brick the phone, right?

blackpearl

The Devil
Okay. Just discovered this ‘Move to SD card’ setting. Does it really do what it says? Can I free up internal memory using this?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Okay. Just discovered this ‘Move to SD card’ setting. Does it really do what it says? Can I free up internal memory using this?

yes. but not 100% files are moved. there are some left in the phone memory. but don't move apps which have widgets as they won't work & also avoid for keyboard, launcher, widgets, etc as they'll loose their default setting i.e. Go launcher set as default launcher will get unselected.

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
In look out for some apps:

1) An app to stop the unnecessary apps running in the background. Majority of apps don't have their own Exit functions and hence just keep running forever, even when I don't need them. Something like a task manager perhaps?!
2) A good camera app? The one that came bundled with CM7 hardly has any options to play around with.

Neo

hi pals.
i have been working on this ROM for a while. It is ready now.
But i need some beta testers.

Here's the link for download
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Please test it and Post your feedback. You will really like this.
Don't worry it's 100% working and tested by me.

INSTALLATION:
Just wipe everything from recovery and flash.

Tips:
for transparent status bar, use any live-walpaper[my suggestion would be Magic-smoke or nexus or water, they give the best UI]

for V6Supercharger, 3g Turbocharger, kick ass kernel or cpu-clock,
type supercharger , turbocharger , kickasskernel or cpuclock in terminal emulator.[forgot to add it in the rom, will add in the final version]

PS: Suggest me a good name for it.

Features:

-Based on V20B Indian Gingerbread Version
-transparent status bar
-transparent notification bar
-patched LibSQLite3 for better I/O
-V6SuperCharger
-3Gturbocharger
-Kick Ass Kernel
-default launcher:ADW
-some build.prop hacks
-Custom Boot Animation
-Custom Fonts
-Many useless Apps removed
-New market By default
-Some apps added

maybe some more things which i don't remember

Hope you guys would like it.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ nice features but will it work without flashing official gingerbread first?

and sam is always right ;)

hmmm :-o

1) An app to stop the unnecessary apps running in the background. Majority of apps don't have their own Exit functions and hence just keep running forever, even when I don't need them. Something like a task manager perhaps?!

try fast reboot. will restart the needed apps & the others apps should not start.

2) A good camera app? The one that came bundled with CM7 hardly has any options to play around with.

try MIUI camera app. it has everything you need.

Neo

^^ nice features but will it work without flashing official gingerbread first?

If you want network then you'll need the new baseband. other things will be fine.
do it either by first flashing Official gingerbread or using LGMDP
please test and post feedback.

Top Bottom