The LG Optimus One Thread

pratheekb96

Unemployed
Bought LG Optimus One on 21st May for Rs. 9800/- !
Add me in the list :)

2moro gonna read all post in this thread and any1 gonna guide which apps to use ?

One Question :-

Most of the programs like Memo, Messaging, Gmail, Video,Music player, etc... automatically start running in background and consuming RAM !!
How to stop that from running automatically ?

Congrats!!! :grin:
if ur really desperate to stop the apps(like the stock apps from lg) u cud try and use titanium backup to try and freeze the apps.....or u cud jus flash CM7 on it!:p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Wow Sam ... you are really good at this :D

;-)

and coming to KDZ, it will knock off your recvery as well ... That is the reason why KDZ is considered so dangerous for bricking fones ... it will replace custom recovery with standard ... only option is to root and install recovery again ...

but do stock rom ship with their own recovery? or KDZ simply removes the custom recovery (stock doesn't have any custom recovery AFAIK)?

alternately this can be done after restoring nand backup (found in XDA)

1) Save the original recovery as original-recovery.
2) Copy it to the "Root" of your sdcard
3) Open adb or terminal emulator and type the following
Code:
flash_image recovery /sdcard/original-recovery.img

safer i guess.

Have you tried playing with the notification settings in CM7 ?

"hide on change"? it is turned off. this is the only setting where something about notification buttons are given.

pratheekb96

Unemployed
yeah im using francos tweaks with mik_os's cm7(beta6.5)...i dont see any performance improvements but battery lasts arnd an hour longer so i get abt 30-35 hrs on an avg

im really sorry guys but i was wrong....after flashing francos tweaks,battery performance has gone up a lot....with light usage of wifi and gaming(nfs shift) and some heavy texting im getting arnd 40 hrs of battery life as opposed to 30-25 hrs of battery life i was getting before!!!

*dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Photos/ScreenShot?w=059b7fc9&dl=1

k4ce

Youngling
but do stock rom ship with their own recovery? or KDZ simply removes the custom recovery (stock doesn't have any custom recovery AFAIK)?

They do .. its bare minimum with a few options ... every android device has a recovery menu ... even when u r installing amonra, u would first backup ur original recovery image

k4ce

Youngling
guys should i go for it or wait for
1. Spice mi 410
2. Htc salsa

1. Spice mi 410 - Nice screen but running 2.1 ???... Dont buy
2. HTC Salsa - Decent all round but considering it is HTC, it will be expensive ... I am guessing it will be priced above Wildfire S ...

If you want a screen like SPice Mi 410, instead buy the dell xcd35

if you want something like the HTC Salsa, but the o1 or Galaxy Ace

leo

Broken In
1- Root your phone. You can use z4root
2- Now download CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Custom ROM file and save it on your computer.
3- Then connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card as flash drive.
4- Copy the CM 7 package to SD card root.
5- Launch Market on your phone and download ROM Manager.
6- When the download is complete, launch ROM Manager and tap on [Flash ClockworkMod Recovery].
7- Once the recovery is installed on your phone, tap on Install ROM from SD card in ROM Manager.
8- In the “Install ROM From SD Card” menu, scroll down to the ROM zip file and tap on it.
9- Checkmark Wipe Data And Cache and it is recommended to check also Backup Existing ROM box.
10- Now press OK.
11- Now your phone will automatically boot in ClockworkMod recovery and start ROM flashing procedure.
12- Sit tight while the process is underway. Do not tinker with ROM flash procedure
13- Once the ROM installation is complete, your phone will automatically reboot in CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Custom ROM.

is this the right procedure ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
They do .. its bare minimum with a few options ... every android device has a recovery menu ... even when u r installing amonra, u would first backup ur original recovery image

oh ok, doubts cleared.

Yeah, I never faced such bugs with CM7. Thats why curious to know :grin:

can't take enough. reflashed CM7 (wiped 2 times. before & after).

1- Root your phone. You can use z4root use gingerbreak for Android 2.2.1/2.2.2
2- Now download CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Custom ROM file and save it on your computer.
3- Then connect your phone to the computer and mount SD card as flash drive.
4- Copy the CM 7 package to SD card root.
5- Launch Market on your phone and download ROM Manager.
6- When the download is complete, launch ROM Manager and tap on [Flash ClockworkMod Recovery].
7- Once the recovery is installed on your phone, tap on Install ROM from SD card in ROM Manager.
8- In the “Install ROM From SD Card” menu, scroll down to the ROM zip file and tap on it.
9- Checkmark Wipe Data And Cache and it is recommended to check also Backup Existing ROM box.
10- Now press OK.
11- Now your phone will automatically boot in ClockworkMod recovery and start ROM flashing procedure.
12- Sit tight while the process is underway. Do not tinker with ROM flash procedure
13- Once the ROM installation is complete, your phone will automatically reboot in CyanogenMod 7 Android 2.3 Gingerbread Custom ROM.

is this the right procedure ?

yup. it should work. but have not used clockwork mod. still on amon ra.

some XDA members were saying that 6.5.1 got a few problem & performance degraded actually.

I haven't seen any performance changes, wifi also working fine..they might running huge ext partition or havent OC it correctly.

pratheekb96

Unemployed
@sam ur right wifi has disconnection problems is there a patch available or shud i just go back to 6.5?? also do i need to flash francos tweaks again after flashing 6.5.1?? thnx

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam ur right wifi has disconnection problems is there a patch available or shud i just go back to 6.5?? also do i need to flash francos tweaks again after flashing 6.5.1?? thnx

look wifi patch.

I haven't seen any performance changes, wifi also working fine..they might running huge ext partition or havent OC it correctly.

maybe cause of this. you are using an updated/edited 6.5.1 CM7 rom.

funzuloo

Broken In
Can i update my phone with Official Gingerbread when released after i have rooted and installed custom roms in my phone?

Top Bottom