The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Hello guys.

Lenovo has updated their Z500 laptops with the all new GT 740m GPU.
here is the base config of the Z500...

3rd generation Intel® Core™ i5-3230M
Windows 8 64 bit
4GB / 6GB DDR3 RAM
15.6" backlit LED HD display (16:9 widescreen) (1366x768) (220 NIT)
1TB 5400rpm HDD
nVidia GT 740m GPU 1GB / 2GB GDDR3
PS: Indian variants do not have backlit keyboard

Here are the variants...

Lenovo Z500 59-380463 : 6gb ram, 2gb gt740m & Intel HD 4000 :cool:
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-z5...z500&ref=3befee81-54d2-45ce-b232-1416666acb3d

Lenovo Z500 59-380480 : 4gb ram, 1gb gt 740m & Intel HD 4000
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-380480) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Z500 59-366499 : 4gb ram, Intel HD 4000
Lenovo Ideapad Z500 (59-366499) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

PS: flipkart has some misprints in the specs of the 59-380463 (2gb gt740m). It has 6gb of ram as confirmed from Lenovo exclusive store in kolkata. And there is no backlit keyboard. (Its also possible that flipkart is selling a modified version with reduced ram, so beware! )

This thread is the official space for discussing about the new Lenovo Z500 with its all powerful GT 740m.
All are welcome!

Hrishi

This one has a nice design. I checked them when I was in the market for buying a similiar Config.
However , I wonder why Indians get lower configuration ??
Why there's no Backlit keyboard for us ??

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Booked the 2gb gt740m for 47.8k at a local store. A friend got the 1gb gt740m for 42.5k from the same store. :)
Flipkart is overpricing!!!

When will you be getting yours? Post some pics.
tomorrow! :cool: yahoo! There will be an in-depth review, part by part. :)

Guys, how much is a Kensington Lock worth?

Any info on combo headphone/microphone port to sepearate ports convertor?? I need it for line-in recording stuffs.

Hrishi

Booked the 2gb gt740m for 47.8k at a local store. A friend got the 1gb gt740m for 42.5k from the same store. :)

Any info on combo headphone/microphone port to sepearate ports convertor?? I need it for line-in recording stuffs.

Congrats!!
btw' are you willing to Overclock it , ?? :)

powerstarprince

In the zone
Hey gratz you are getting the 6gb ram version.. Well this laptop has non removable cover and no maintenance cover. It seems there are no upgrade options available. Is this true?? I mean can't you upgrade the ram later from 4gb to 8gb or put in an ssd ...
And u always need a service person to check that laptop for dust and cleaning air vents or such..

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
btw' are you willing to Overclock it , ?? :)
Nopes! Dont wanna fry my lappy's internals. So no to overclocking on a mobile machine.

So you'll be getting it today? What time? Pics pics pics :p
Sorry mate, cannot go today. Will be going tomorrow. Just cannot wait.

Hey gratz you are getting the 6gb ram version.. Well this laptop has non removable cover and no maintenance cover. It seems there are no upgrade options available. Is this true?? I mean can't you upgrade the ram later from 4gb to 8gb or put in an ssd ...
And u always need a service person to check that laptop for dust and cleaning air vents or such..
This lappy is very much upgradeable just like any other laptop as confirmed by lenovo exclusive store. However, the battery is not user-removable like most other laptops. U need a service personnel for the battery tasks. HOwever, I wouldn't touch the screws of the laptops until my warranty is over, and that's gonna be 2 years. :) Moreover, there is a lenovo service centre in Durgapur where my college is located so i needn't worry for servicing. :)

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz

mate , please give focus on other factors like
a)build quality
b)battery backup(under heavy and light load)
c)and most importantly on overheating.
coz you know that the specs are awesome and hence i have no doubt about the performance of the machine

Last edited:
OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Lenovo terms and conditions for Accidental Damage Protection and Do Gear Redemption Voucher. Read it properly, because there are loops-holes in there...
Flipkart is not responsible for any Redemption Offer.
- Offer Period 26th June to 15th August 2013 (Both days inclusive)
- Visit Do Gear Program
- Share product serial number, your contact details, name & location of store where purchase was made,
Scanned invoice copy, ID proof & PC serial no. to register (Start date for registrations: 29 June, 2013)
- Receive free e-Voucher in e-mail
- Redeem e-Voucher on Do Gear Program
To redeem ADP please log on to Lenovo (Start date for registrations: 3 July, 2013), email help@lenovoservices.net,
or call +91-80-32467455 / +91-80-65475738
LENOVO Do Gear 2013 OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Please read & understand the terms & conditions given below before registering:
1) The Lenovo DO Gear Offer provides an e-voucher upon purchase of certain eligible Lenovo products (Product) by consumers from Lenovo resellers during the Offer Period.
2) The Products eligible for the offer and the e-Voucher applicable to the Products are given in Annex 1 and Annex 2.
3) Accidental Damage Protection (ADP) will be offered Free for 1 year with notebooks on successful registration at Lenovo, emailing help@lenovoservices.net, or calling +91-80-32467455/+91-80-65475738
4) Offer Period 26th June to 15th August 2013 (both days inclusive)
5) ADP registrations open 3rd July, 2013.
6) Customers eligible for the Offer should have a valid ID card at the time of purchase of Product. The same will be required for registration.
7) The Offer is valid only if the name on the Invoice corresponds with the name on the valid ID submitted at the time of registration.
8) The Product needs to be purchased from Lenovo Business Partner in India and online registration for the Offer needs to be completed during the Offer Period.
9) For availing the Offer, eligible customers need to register in the online portal Do Gear Program by agreeing to the terms and conditions of the Offer.
10) The website shall be open for registration only during the Offer Period and no further claims shall be entertained beyond the Offer Period.
11) For registration, the following details need to be entered in the website:
(a) serial number of the Product purchased,
(b) your contact details (including address, phone number and valid email id)
(c) Store Name and Location from where the product is purchased
(d) Upload scanned copy of invoice
(e) Upload scanned copy of valid ID proof for others eligible for the Offer
(f) Upload scanned copy of your PC serial Number appearing on the outer box.
12) Upon successful registration, the website returns a successful registration message along with a Ticket Number. A message regarding successful registration would be sent to your registered email id also.
13) The Company's nominated supplier NDSL India would email you the e-voucher with the right value depending on the product purchased upon successful registration. NDSL India contact matrix Telephone: 022-40174686; Email id:ers@thedostore.com
14) Upon receipt of an e-Voucher the customer needs to visit Do Gear Program in order to redeem the e-Voucher. The e-Voucher needs to be utilized in a single transaction. Customer can choose multiple products eligible for the promotion and pay the balance if the value exceeds the voucher value: (example: if the voucher value is RS 4000/- and the overall price of the products selected by the consumer is Rs 10000/- then the customer needs to pay Rs 6000/- . The e-voucher can be redeemed only against purchases made though Buy Lenovo Laptops, Netbooks, Tablets, Smartphones, Desktop PCs and More @ Best Prices - thedostore.com.
15) The despatch time for the accessories/products offered under the promo would be approximately 30 working days from the date of successful verification of documents submitted.
16) The delivery of Product is subject to Taxes, permits, Levis, octroi, duties (if any), which have to be borne by the participant only.
17) For escalations/information, contact points would be: Weekdays (9.30 am to 6.30 pm) Landline Number: 022 - 40174686 or Email help@thedostore.com
18) In case of problems with scanning the documents, please courier them to the below address on or before 15th August 2013 NDSL India address to be entered Any later receipts of documents shall not be considered.
19) The Company will not entertain any direct enquiries from customer towards this offer. All enquiries need to be routed to the company's Business Partner from whom the product has been purchased. In case of escalations please use the above given contact matrix.
20) The Company reserves the right to verify the sale at any point and where the Company considers that there have been any breach of the terms & conditions or any fraud, to refuse/discontinue the benefit of this Offer, or seek reimbursement for any Offer benefit
21) The Company reserves the right to cancel, change, modify or withdraw this promotion or its term and conditions without assigning any reason or without giving any prior notice.
22) Customers are not bound in any manner to participate in this Offer. All Products of the company are also available without the Offer, at the regular prices.
23) This offer is NOT valid for any organizational purchases, educational institutes or special price clearance cases and also is not valid for purchases made by company's Business Partners, National Distributors or company's Employees, neither for them not for any of their relatives.
24) Only one claim for the Offer can be against each valid ID
25) This offer cannot be clubbed with any other end-customer offer run by Lenovo during same / earlier period.
26) No cash or credit alternatives will be offered.
27) The Company accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any third party claims, consequential loss or indirect damage resulting from this offer.
28) You agree to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Lenovo, its affiliates, directors, employees, customers, distributors, and service providers from any and all claims and liabilities arising out any violation or any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
29) This offer is valid only till the availability of stock of Products.
30) The decision of the Company, on any matters in relation to or arising from the Offer shall be final and binding.
31) Participation in the Offer constitutes consent by you to use your name, likeness, city and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further consent /consideration.
32) All disputes would be subject to jurisdiction of courts in Bangalore, Karnataka.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mate , please give focus on other factors like
a)build quality
b)battery backup(under heavy and light load)
c)and most importantly on overheating.
coz you know that the specs are awesome and hence i have no doubt about the performance of the machine
yups!! sure! Can u plz gimme some links to a model review bcz this is gonna be me first review! :p :)

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Sorry mate, cannot go today. Will be going tomorrow. Just cannot wait.
At what time you will go tomorrow? After coming back you'll have to be real quick :p

Now actually my decision depends on your review so please be quick, get some games prior to test the heating issue and gpu performance.

powerstarprince

In the zone
meanwhile check this in-depth review deepanshu, should be the same
Review Lenovo IdeaPad Z500 Notebook - NotebookCheck.net Reviews

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz

Mate it's the review of previous variant with 645m gpu so many things will vary now like heating issue etc etc

And India usually gets a modified version like the thinkdigit123 told that the model in India doesn't have a backlit keyboard

OP
T

thinkdigit123

Broken In
Now actually my decision depends on your review so please be quick, get some games prior to test the heating issue and gpu performance.
Sorry brother...at this point of time i have only GRID 2 blackbox edition and Call of Juarez Gunslinger and some older games like COD4. I had some really good games (like, Saints Row the third, NFS Hot Pursuit 2012) about 5 to 6 months back but i deleted all of them bcz i never even imagined in my dreams that i am gonna get a laptop with Top Class 2 GPU. :lol:

You may tell me about some simulation & test softwares to which i will put my laptop to test. That can be done.
BTW, I'm notifying my friends right now to gimme all the latest games including MP3 and Hitman Absolution and GTA4 and others.

And India usually gets a modified version like the thinkdigit123 told that the model in India doesn't have a backlit keyboard
....:+1:

@thinkdigit123 : Use softwares like CPUZ , GPUZ, Fraps(for fps of games), CPUID(for temp) & other benchmarks mentioned here

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
yups!! sure! Can u plz gimme some links to a model review bcz this is gonna be me first review! :p :)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/158652-hp-pavilion-g6-2005ax-review-benchmarks.html
this one's a very nice review.
as i said before.... plz do in depth review of battery run time(load/without load) and overheating (both under load and without load)coz you these are the main factors while choosing a laptop apart from performance

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
@thinkdigit123 : Use softwares like CPUZ , GPUZ, Fraps(for fps of games), CPUID(for temp) & other benchmarks mentioned here
+1

Sorry brother...at this point of time i have only GRID 2 blackbox edition and Call of Juarez Gunslinger and some older games like COD4. I had some really good games (like, Saints Row the third, NFS Hot Pursuit 2012) about 5 to 6 months back but i deleted all of them bcz i never even imagined in my dreams that i am gonna get a laptop with Top Class 2 GPU. :lol:

You may tell me about some simulation & test softwares to which i will put my laptop to test. That can be done.
BTW, I'm notifying my friends right now to gimme all the latest games including MP3 and Hitman Absolution and GTA4 and others.

Yea try to get gta 4 or any other new graphic intensive game for heating test. Even if you don't get any new game atleast post some pics, hands on review which includes build quality, looks etc etc and at what time you'll reach home?
I've pm you so check and reply it whenever you get on

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz

....:+1:
try to get metro 2033, absolution crysis 3...
and the flipkart clearly states that it has backlit keyboard... are you sure about it???

SunE

Professional Newbie
Hey I can do a review for you guys since I already have all the games listed above + monitoring apps + benchmark apps. Just need my laptop to arrive :p

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey I can do a review for you guys since I already have all the games listed above + monitoring apps + benchmark apps. Just need my laptop to arrive :p

You've ordered the same laptop?.

I though you have ordered some other and you can't cancel your order as you said in other thread about you opting for EMI option.

BTW when will you get it?

Top Bottom