The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

jamiejako

Broken In
I was planning to recover my laptop, but that would repartition the hard disk to factory state. So, now I can't just format C drive w/o affecting other drives :-(

Why don't you try refreshing instead? It'll restore your laptop to factory condition, only your personal files won't be touched. You'll need a windows 8 disc though..it's under the general tab in windows 8 settings.

bagdeabhishek

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys just bought the Laptop at INR 65K from a local dealer.....awesome laptop with mind blowing specs...anyways i am also having the dvd drive issue(ie. it wont eject manually) is there any solution to that or im gonna have to live with it ?.......Also a buying advice if you are trying to buy laptop locally go for the biggest dealer/supplier in town because the margin for each gets added when you buy from a dealer and dont feel shy to bargain 65k is the price after tax so you can bring it down to atleast 66k....and guys thank you for keeping the thread active i bought this lappie just because i followed this thread.....kudos to you all..

rajeshmukkala

Broken In
Importing from US

There is ongoing offer in Lenovo US website. GT750M version is available for 849$ + FS.

Total cost to import to india is 57000Rs through US shipping company [HSG].

Here is the link to buy from US.

IdeaPad Y500 | Lenovo | (US)

Approximate duty cost breakup link

Import duty & taxes calculation result

HSG is trusted shipping company. I imported three google nexus 4 from US. You can give a try.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Re: Importing from US

I'm also eager to buy the laptop
but what about warranty??
This laptop already has many issues with it and without warranty it's gonna be a dealbreaker...
and what about its charger won't it have problem with conversion from us to Indian point
i have a apple ipod and its damn converter get's so hot

This laptop already has many issues with it and without warranty it's gonna be a dealbreaker...
and what about its charger won't it have problem with conversion from us to Indian point

rajeshmukkala

Broken In

International warranty is applicable for Y500 model exclusive of software support.

$hadow

Geek in making

There is ongoing offer in Lenovo US website. GT750M version is available for 849$ + FS.

Total cost to import to india is 57000Rs through US shipping company [HSG].

Here is the link to buy from US.

Approximate duty cost breakup link

HSG is trusted shipping company. I imported three google nexus 4 from US. You can give a try.

It means that for all the import charges plus cost of product will be 57k.
And what about the duty of the seller if the product got stuck in the Indian customs will any reshipping vist be levied on us.

techno_chrat

Broken In
Hey guys just bought the Laptop at INR 65K from a local dealer.....awesome laptop with mind blowing specs...anyways i am also having the dvd drive issue(ie. it wont eject manually) is there any solution to that or im gonna have to live with it ?.......Also a buying advice if you are trying to buy laptop locally go for the biggest dealer/supplier in town because the margin for each gets added when you buy from a dealer and dont feel shy to bargain 65k is the price after tax so you can bring it down to atleast 66k....and guys thank you for keeping the thread active i bought this lappie just because i followed this thread.....kudos to you all..

That was a sweet deal you got there..I am assuming you are not from maharashtra..I bought it for 68k :oops:..the dealer just wouldn't budge. On the dvd issue i just got of the service center people and their response was apathetic just as anticipated..they told me to call the toll free number again. I have been trying their line since yesterday but no one is responding. Let me know if u make any progress

Last edited:

sanemate

Broken In

i meant what about hardware support
i.e. If its exclusive of software support what about hardware support. What about that??
please help

750m is not available in India yet. So if the GFX card goes wrong; they might as well give that excuse. I was also thinking about importing before I bought here itself. Besides, we get 2 years ADP here. Add ADP on the US site and the price goes up.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
got the y500 today 66k with 3 year onsite warranty seemed like a steal. i can confirm that the march manufactured models have synaptics HOWEVER the touchpad is still dodgy. its not unusable but now and again it goes here and there and the no button concept will take a little getting used to.

sanemate

Broken In
3-year onsite! Thats awesome! How ocme though? WHich city? Maybe I will push my dealer for the same :p

got the y500 today 66k with 3 year onsite warranty seemed like a steal. i can confirm that the march manufactured models have synaptics HOWEVER the touchpad is still dodgy. its not unusable but now and again it goes here and there and the no button concept will take a little getting used to.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
kolkata, as it says on my location. though i must say the synaptics touchpad itself is not convincing. it keeps locking up sometimes. i mean it just stays loced you cant move it . anyone has any problems lke this ? solutions?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
my dvd writer works fine takes a few presses to eject it but it gets out

Edit: you should update the drivers with synaptics latest it really seemed to improve the touchpad alot and is now more or less completely accurate.

Last edited:
OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Been a bit busy, looks like plenty of people got theirs here :)

Service has been shitty - the morons sent same ELAN touchpad first, then they sent motherboard (WTF?) second, and third time, they sent the right synaptics touchpad. That said, they're still offering onsite services, and I live in a remote area etc. So I'll give them that.

Finally, the laptop is incredible. Love it - would've gotten rid of it ages ago for the shitty service if I'd thought it was bad. Laptop is top notch and I've not had any heating or throttling issues. Battery life is very decent too. And it's super silent, so yeah, all in all - love it :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
best part is it always remains cool and silent. i played battlefield 3 for 2 hours yesterday. it ran nicely on 1080p and no heat at all, except when you touch the exhaust

best part is it always remains cool and silent. i played battlefield 3 for 2 hours yesterday. it ran nicely on 1080p and no heat at all, except when you touch the exhaust

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
^Agree. Not a fan of the touchpad still, but that's just me nitpicking. Keyboard is top notch, is blazing fast, super silent and super cool. Screen is damn good too - with adequate speakers. Can't complain :)

Top Bottom