The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
I thought msata port was used to connect hard disk as hard disk in normal computer is connected via sata port.
so msata for smaller sata port i think....

Last edited:

shadowglyph123

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone, I was thinking of buying this laptop since with the configurations present, it looks like a beast. But I had a few questions regarding the after sales service of lenovo. I am currently staying in Pune and wanted to know about its after sales service quality since for that price range its a huge investment and without good services, its just a wastage of money, due to which am having second thoughts. Also, I tried checking out their official website regarding that, but it didnt show me any authorized service centers in Pune but instead gave me a few toll free numbers. So my question is:-
1. How good is the Lenovo after sales service in India?
2. Is there any authorized service centers here in Pune?
3. Are they providing on-site and accidental warranty?
Thanks in advance... :)
Umm.. Help anyone?

Lenovo service was good at Durgapur. I must say, its much better n faster than Samsung. They provided me On-site warranty n confirmed about ADP. BTW ADP is given by Lenovo. It should not depend on your service centre (official Lenovo service centre)

I have a question for the owners of y500

How was the hard disk partitioned when you bought the laptop

Use windows' inbuilt partition manager

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i have the same question. my friends HP laptop also got a corrupt recovery after partitioning

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
hi all, last month my brother bought Y500 from usa, but the excitiment was shortlived last week lappy was working fine suddenly stopped charging, later tried everything removed battery and reseated but problem never solved. Contacted servicecentre and raised the issue, according to them the symptoms shows that mobo has gone kaput but they need to confirm first they said they will send a guy to check, already 3 working days over nobody has come.if mobo has gone they said there is no stock have to wait till mid-june to get replacement. Anybody have any experience about lenovo service and how can i escalate the issue to higher officials.

$hadow

Geek in making
If this is true than this may be a good news for those who want to buy new y500 since it can now be equipped with 750m

No, what I meant was, I read somewhere that if we re partition the c: drive then the one key recovery would be corrupted and won't work anymore.. Is it true?

No....I used it myself (Windows Disk Management)

Folks, a quick question.
What's the max temps while heavy gaming?

Usually 75 C but when my room temp. reached 44 C, at that time max temp. were ~81 C

hi all, last month my brother bought Y500 from usa, but the excitiment was shortlived last week lappy was working fine suddenly stopped charging, later tried everything removed battery and reseated but problem never solved. Contacted servicecentre and raised the issue, according to them the symptoms shows that mobo has gone kaput but they need to confirm first they said they will send a guy to check, already 3 working days over nobody has come.if mobo has gone they said there is no stock have to wait till mid-june to get replacement. Anybody have any experience about lenovo service and how can i escalate the issue to higher officials.

For escalating the issue, just register a complain by calling the toll free number. Have the service centre guys given u some case ID ?

jamiejako

Broken In
I read somewhere that if we re partition the c: drive then the one key recovery would be corrupted and won't work anymore.. Is it true?

There is a hidden 20 GB recovery partition. One key recovery works off of that. So go ahead and re-partition your C: drive ;-)

techno_chrat

Broken In
Guys, i finally bought the y500. Must say pretty appealing. I have already run into a glitch though with the dvd writer. It just stopped ejecting manually with the push button i have to eject it from 'My computer'. This maybe because my failed attempt to remove the ultrabay. Can someone shed some light on this. Also the c drive is freaking 840gb, shrinking the drive is limited to 450gb i want to reduce it further. Should i use some utility or stick with Disk Management.?

scudmissile007

Confusingly Confused!
they have given a complaint number, if mobo has gone then I have to wait till mid-june that is the problem, Can this be made a bit sooner by contacting higher official.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Guys, i finally bought the y500. Must say pretty appealing. I have already run into a glitch though with the dvd writer. It just stopped ejecting manually with the push button i have to eject it from 'My computer'. This maybe because my failed attempt to remove the ultrabay. Can someone shed some light on this. Also the c drive is freaking 840gb, shrinking the drive is limited to 450gb i want to reduce it further. Should i use some utility or stick with Disk Management.?
i read about this problem on the internet somewhere
its problem with the Microsoft os or something or the other on the motherboard
not sure

Congratulations on your purchase

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
@anupam , youve tried using the disk management but have you tried using the one key recovery afterwards to see if it still works

@anupam , youve tried using the disk management but have you tried using the one key recovery afterwards to see if it still works

Ya, i used it after partitioning. I was planning to recover my laptop, but that would repartition the hard disk to factory state. So, now I can't just format C drive w/o affecting other drives :-(

they have given a complaint number, if mobo has gone then I have to wait till mid-june that is the problem, Can this be made a bit sooner by contacting higher official.

There is no way to speed up the process. If the service centre guys are slow, then u can use toll free num to speed them up

Top Bottom