The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Hello friends,
I'm New so i probably know nothing.
my question is that since Lenovo y500 has glossy display thus it would have reflections on it. Can i apply some sort of anti reflective coating on the screen like screen protector on the screen thus making anti reflective...???
please help
thanks

$hadow

Geek in making
Hello friends,
my question is that since Lenovo y500 has glossy display thus it would have reflections on it. Can i apply some sort of anti reflective coating on the screen like screen protector on the screen thus making anti reflective...???
please help
thanks

Using it in the sunlight can be a pain but in the office or house it might work perfect regarding screen ask anupam

Hello friends,
please help
thanks

Ya, the screen is reflective. I use the laptop indoors. During day time, I use it @ 70%+ brightness.

Regarding screen guard, I've not heard or seen a guard for making screen anti-reflective.

Even though screen is glossy, I'm satisfied with it. BTW what will you do with a laptop outdoors ? At 100% brightness, the screen should be readable, even under sunshine.

shadowglyph123

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone, I was thinking of buying this laptop since with the configurations present, it looks like a beast. But I had a few questions regarding the after sales service of lenovo. I am currently staying in Pune and wanted to know about its after sales service quality since for that price range its a huge investment and without good services, its just a wastage of money, due to which am having second thoughts. Also, I tried checking out their official website regarding that, but it didnt show me any authorized service centers in Pune but instead gave me a few toll free numbers. So my question is:-
1. How good is the Lenovo after sales service in India?
2. Is there any authorized service centers here in Pune?
3. Are they providing on-site and accidental warranty?
Thanks in advance... :)

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Well I'm outdoor kind of guy and i would have some basic work to do on it while outside home. so I've heard that matte displays are great but no laptop comes with Lenovo y500's specifications so just wanted to ask.
just basic document editing. That's all
and great gaming at home when I'm free

$hadow

Geek in making
Well I'm outdoor kind of guy and i would have some basic work to do on it while outside home. so I've heard that matte displays are great but no laptop comes with Lenovo y500's specifications so just wanted to ask.

Well you got one option with similar specs and a more powerfull processor, matt display and also a blue ray disc check out sammy series 5 so5in. It do not have 1080p screen but do have a 900p screen but no backlit keyboard. But you will like it go and have a look at a shop near you.

Well you got one option with similar specs and a more powerfull processor, matt display and also a blue ray disc check out sammy series 5 so5in. It do not have 1080p screen but do have a 900p screen but no backlit keyboard. But you will like it go and have a look at a shop near you.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
But with 750m gpu in future it would be a great bet.
no idea when Sam would release it with 750m

Plus Samsung loves plastic alot.
Just uses it too much everywhere be it phone or tv or anything. I mean that their laptop wouldn't be sturdy and i think and read somewhere else that it still has the heating issue unresolved.
i cannot afford machine with problems

$hadow

Geek in making

Just uses it too much everywhere be it phone or tv or anything. I mean that their laptop wouldn't be sturdy and i think and read somewhere else that it still has the heating issue unresolved.
Hang on for a moment has lenovo launched y500 with 750m graphic card in India?????

Hang on for a moment has lenovo launched y500 with 750m graphic card in India?????

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
No, i said in future...
i asked Lenovo people here and they said the laptop would come in market in about half a month.
so just waiting to buy.........

No, i said in future...
i asked Lenovo people here and they said the laptop would come in market in about half a month.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
No, i said in future...

No, i said in future...

Are you sure buddy?
I'm also planning to buy y500 but the Lenovo guys at Chennai say that the y500 with gt 750m won't be launched in India,
coz he says not all American model are reflected here and he points out y400 as an example

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Its just an updated model that's all
because all stocks for Lenovo y500 with 650m would run out eventually and then it would be viable for the company to produce laptops with 750m rather than 650m

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Its just an updated model that's all
because all stocks for Lenovo y500 with 650m would run out eventually and then it would be viable for the company to produce laptops with 750m rather than 650m

Oh God, why the Chennai salesperson are so dumb, they claim gt 650m is the highest gfx card in India, n you won't be needing any card higher than that :eek::mad:

$hadow

Geek in making
Oh God, why the Chennai salesperson are so dumb, they claim gt 650m is the highest gfx card in India, n you won't be needing any card higher than that :eek::mad:

That is something similar the guy told me and I was thinking that why the hell is crysis 3 launched in India.

Top Bottom