The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

jamiejako

Broken In
They didnt require any proof? And replaced with new Synaptics one?

nah, no proof..the tollfree chick didn't know what she was talking about..but then she connected me to my local service center..and the guy knew about the touchpad problem with the Y500..he immediately told me he would order a new synaptics one.

AVS

Can't convince? Confuse..
Mine got replaced today only... still downloading the driver from synaptics website (the service guy told intelli touchpad would not be working in Y500 hence download the generic driver -- dont know how true this is :-( ):cry:

jamiejako

Broken In
Mine got replaced today only... still downloading the driver from synaptics website (the service guy told intelli touchpad would not be working in Y500 hence download the generic driver -- dont know how true this is :-( ):cry:

all gestures working fine for me..get this driver :

*download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/1fto16ww.exe

sanemate

Broken In
With this issue fixed, Y500 is the BOSS. Ramp it up with another 650m GT :)

I was wondering, the US versions, with extra GPU in SLI + 16 gig SSD, where do they put the SSD, is there space inside which one can use for putting the SSD in the Indian model too? (besides the ultrabay space)

sanemate

Broken In
The Removable graphics ultrabay was available for 137 (~INR 8400) USD once, now it increased to 230 USD.

Though Canadian sites have it for as low as 122 USD

0C22235 | | Y500 REMOVABLE GRAPHICS GN36 at ComputerValley.ca

Is it worth paying 8000 for this. One would also need to buy the 80$ 170W adapter. What do you guys think?

jamiejako

Broken In
The touchpad, even after replacement, isn't that great..the whole area of the touchpad is touch-sensitive..including the left/right buttons..so when you right-click..the cursor moves just a little bit..it can get annoying.
'Always ON USB' works fine for me..even if the laptop is shut down, i can still charge my phone.
The entire laptop is a dust magnet, but most laptops are :-D , it's more noticeable here..b/w the keyboard, especially (glossy finish)
Also, a minor problem, the numlock is randomly on/off at startup..i fixed the registry entry, but the problem persists..is it just me?

The touchpad, even after replacement, isn't that great..the whole area of the touchpad is touch-sensitive..including the left/right buttons..so when you right-click..the cursor moves just a little bit..it can get annoying.
'Always ON USB' works fine for me..even if the laptop is shut down, i can still charge my phone.
The entire laptop is a dust magnet, but most laptops are :-D , it's more noticeable here..b/w the keyboard, especially (glossy finish)
Also, a minor problem, the numlock is randomly on/off at startup..i fixed the registry entry, but the problem persists..is it just me?

Numpad is by default in OFF state for me till I've logged into my user account, i.e reach start screen....

Highest temp achieved by my laptop:
CPU- 83 C
GPU- 78 C

Room temp. : 38 C

I was playing Ghost Recon Future Solider for 2 hours continuously

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
I am currently a dell user and is planning to buy a new laptop .... considering lenovo how is the ASS of the company ..is it like dell i.e. do they send the technician home for repair and does warrenty covers everything (as in dell they replace anything whatsoever without any questions )... i Checked in flipkart that the y500 model has been discontinued, is that true???

Top Bottom