The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

sanemate

Broken In
It had touchpad issues earlier which is now fixed in latest stock (14 march manufacturing models in Mumbai and Pune). It comes with 1 year onsite (where technician comes to your home) and 1 year offsite (you will need to take it to the dealer in 2nd year) warranty. Both years have accidental damage protection too. So you are pretty safe. Get the latest stock (March manufacturing)

I am currently a dell user and is planning to buy a new laptop .... considering lenovo how is the ASS of the company ..is it like dell i.e. do they send the technician home for repair and does warrenty covers everything (as in dell they replace anything whatsoever without any questions )... i Checked in flipkart that the y500 model has been discontinued, is that true???

chintan786

In the zone
To all Y500 owners, how u rate lenovo after sales service against Dell. and Are u guys satisfied with this product. I am asking regarding India service levels only.

Regards,
Chintan

Between Lenovo y500 with 650m and y580 with 660m which one should I buy.. is the price difference of $200 appropriate when considering the difference in performance

Sougat

Right off the assembly line
Anyone tried any news games on this y500 laptop ?
And what about the latest NVidia 314.22 drivers?
Got my laptop a week ago and I updated the NVidia drivers and just tried cod mw3 , black ops 2 , fifa 13 and blur on it ,got a bit of stuttering with fifa 13 on ultra settings (until turned on vsync and triple buffering from control panel) ,mw3 ran without lag , black ops also ran without lag.
Also I read someone saying running black ops 2 at 720p on medium to high setting, shouldn't this graphic card be able to run black ops 2 on ultra - high setting on 1080p [*www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html]

Only problem I seem to have is despite the games running fluently on ultra settings , sometimes I get slight micro stuttering (very little to notice though) , anyone else got this issue here?

Gtb93

In the zone
I douubt you could run BO2 on Ultra setting on 1080p. Probably an SLI of 2 GT650ms' can do that.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys..i really love this laptop and is this still available in Chennai ?

Because I heard the models in flipkart are permanently discontinued :confused: though I'm gonna buy it from local store only..

How can I check if it has faulty elan touchpad or synaptics?

My dad delays purchase of this laptop for 2 months. Should I hurry him, n buy it now itself or wait for 2 months?

If u want the laptop now, then get it.....but if u can wait for 2-3 months, then wait.... you may get newer GPU n intel 4th gen may be

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
4th gen will be expensive so I will stick with this model.. What's the alternative to this laptop? ( featuring gt 650m)

sebuelias

Broken In
Hello guys,
I'm looking to buy Y500 from USA,but I will most probably return it to India and I will be using it there. As i am in immediate need to buy, I cannot delay the purchase till I go..So my doubt is, will I be able to use the one I got here in India as there is power difference (110V us, to 220V ind).. Please do answer..

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I phoned the Lenovo showroom in Chennai and the sales rep told me that another laptop with specs similar to y500 is going to be launched.. :thumbup:
And he said he will confirm with his higher official and tell me..i m not sure whether it's new model or May be touchpad repaired y500
Lets wait and see
Edit: Nope it isnt true..:(

Last edited:

sanemate

Broken In
Anupam and jamiejako, did you guys check the warranties at *support.lenovo.com/en_IN/product-service/warranty-status/default.page?

When I checked here, it says 1 year limited cary in warranty. Is it showing the same for you? I was told its 2 years ADP, so do we need to update that we bought or something somewhere?

Top Bottom