The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Hey guys. Just a heads-up. I had a talk with guys with flipkart today evening.
Most of you already know this.. He told me that all the current flipkart stock is manufactured prior to November. He also told me that they are aware of the ELAN touchpad issue, and that flipkart will be swiftly updating the website with the newer pieces, in about 2-3 days. I will also get a notification via mail as and when they will do so. He suggested me not to purchase it at the moment, and that I wait for the newer stock to arrive.

now, with the touchpad issues fixed(hopefully), this is one beast to get.

Mahn u just scared me to death..:shock:
I placed my order only yesterday..!! :cry:
Called FK.. they say " we dont disclose any such info..!! If the manufacturer was to send a new shipment we would have removed the product from our list ". Anyways if I get a faulty touchpad.. Ill use their 30 day replacement policy.. or maybe go for anupam_pb's way...!!! :p

Gtb93

In the zone
Called FK.. they say " we dont disclose any such info..!! If the manufacturer was to send a new shipment we would have removed the product from our list ". Anyways if I get a faulty touchpad.. Ill use their 30 day replacement policy.. or maybe go for anupam_pb's way...!!! :p

I got good support from their side, and they did tell me this over a phonecall. Try mailing them and getting a callback

nandu26

In the zone

You cancel the order, wait for 2 weeks and then buy

sunny agrawal

Broken In
shopkeepers told my parents and
even relatives that quality differs.
dell is better than samsung and
samsung is far better than lenovo
further touch pad problem in
lenovo has made the matter worse.

Gtb93

In the zone
shopkeepers told my parents and
even relatives that quality differs.
dell is better than samsung and
samsung is far better than lenovo
further touch pad problem in
lenovo has made the matter worse.

Well in the 50-66k range, dell's laptops are the most reliable and also the ones with least issues.
However, Samsung(throttling fixed) and Lenovo(touchpad issues fixed, ASS improving) are steadily catching up :)

Samsung's ASS still needs a lot of improvement.
Lenovo is quite good, giving on-site warranty + ADP........although it took a bit of time for me to convince those guys that there is hardware problem in my touchpad

Last edited:

Estbarul

Right off the assembly line
Dude buying another gt 650m will burn a hole in your pocket. If you are willing to spend that much go for a better lappy.

I don't think so, maybe in a year or so those Ultrabay extras would be cheaper, and with the Power Supply and extra video card the price won't go much higher. That's what I'm hoping for at least since Lenovo doesn't offer SLI's yet.

I don't think so, maybe in a year or so those Ultrabay extras would be cheaper, and with the Power Supply and extra video card the price won't go much higher. That's what I'm hoping for at least since Lenovo doesn't offer SLI's yet.

Let's see what will happen ...... Another 650M for 5-7k would be great.....

pratyush997

Inactive
Till then games will be heavy enough to require GT 650M in QUAD SLI :p

It wont be 5-7k, In US only it costs 230$ converting gets to about 12.5k :p. Also i dont think price will be same, around 15k I believe :p

Y500 Removable Graphics GN36 | Lenovo | (US)

Actually I meant, getting GT650M for 5-7k after 8-10 months..... when 700 series will be at full fledge business

sanemate

Broken In
Anupam, by this review by Aakash B here "*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59-346619-laptop-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/product-reviews/ITMDH2P7VNQ2YM3X?pid=COMDH2P6HYV9FU92&sort_order=most-recent"

"But it does have a 16 GB mSATA SSD (non-user accessible) , which really boosts up the performance for its primary hard disk."

is this the case? Is there a 16GB SSD too in the model available in India (Note that he is a certified buyer)? I did not know that.

Anupam, by this review by Aakash B here "*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y500-59-346619-laptop-3rd-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/product-reviews/ITMDH2P7VNQ2YM3X?pid=COMDH2P6HYV9FU92&sort_order=most-recent"

"But it does have a 16 GB mSATA SSD (non-user accessible) , which really boosts up the performance for its primary hard disk."

is this the case? Is there a 16GB SSD too in the model available in India (Note that he is a certified buyer)? I did not know that.

There is only ONE Y500 model available in India as far as i know.....& it doesn't have SSD

You cancel the order, wait for 2 weeks and then buy

I got good support from their side, and they did tell me this over a phonecall. Try mailing them and getting a callback

+1 I agree with you

Couldnt cancel the order.. As soon as I logged into FK they had shipped it.
Anyways, recieved the laptop.. HAS THE SAME IDIOTIC ELAN... :evil:
Ran the only game I had at that time... DMC 5... ran smooth on full graphics.. :-D considering the specs and all.. I don't mind the touchpad really...
But in case it bothers me a lot.. I can get a replacement from FK.. @Gtb93 ... Plzz post as soon as u know that fk has a new stock.. who knows.. after the replacement I might get one with snaptics...:cool:

Gtb93

In the zone
Couldnt cancel the order.. As soon as I logged into FK they had shipped it.
Anyways, recieved the laptop.. HAS THE SAME IDIOTIC ELAN... :evil:
Ran the only game I had at that time... DMC 5... ran smooth on full graphics.. :-D considering the specs and all.. I don't mind the touchpad really...
But in case it bothers me a lot.. I can get a replacement from FK.. @Gtb93 ... Plzz post as soon as u know that fk has a new stock.. who knows.. after the replacement I might get one with snaptics...:cool:
Sure, I will. I expected a quicker update from their side, but it hasn't come around out.

Top Bottom