The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

In my bill it's 2 years Onsite warranty, but when I carefully read what all were written, its mentioned "On site warranty for first year". I guess I'll contact Flipkart if something goes wrong. Moreover the Lenovo guys were satisfied with just my bill (Flipkart after all !!)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys can you clear my doubts.. We All knew that optmius and HD4000 is disabled in y500. So the 3DTV play should work right? If it is connected with 3dtv?
Because from what I have read from notebookcheck.net it says that "if optimus is disabled, nvidia 3dvision is enabled"( if the graphic card is supported)
gt650m supports 3dvision ( as stated in GeForce website) so 3dtv play should be supported as the hdmi output is rendered by gt650..

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
I think it should be supported, try it & inform us too here.

I haven't purchased this laptop yet..i will buy after my semester exam finishes.. If it is supported I will add that point to justify my purchase :p
So people who already have it can test and say :rolleyes:

jamiejako

Broken In
guys, nvidia driver update released by lenovo :
*download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/1fvl17ww.exe

and hey, slight update about the touchpad ;
i said before that the touchpad was a pain even after getting repaired..the entire touchpad is touch-sensitive, including the buttons..and the buttons aren't very easy to click..so the cursor moves when you click them.
it's actually a breeze to use with gestures..two finger tap to right click and touch hold to drag eliminates the use of the physical buttons completely, and the extra area sure is a bonus.
with the touchpad issue solved, this is one helluva machine :wink:

Last edited:
Hey guys check this out.... Its 750m
IdeaPad Y500 15.6" Laptop | Shop | Lenovo | (CA)

these Lenovo guys are selling old machines in India

hey guys,
How much will be 750m better than 650m??

nseries73

Journeyman

hey guys,

according to the claims made by the nvidia, it should be 75% faster than the 650m check this link

Description | GeForce

hey guys,

according to the claims made by the nvidia, it should be 75% faster than the 650m check this link

*www.geforce.com/hardware/notebook-gpus/geforce-gt-750m/description

HEY GUYS CHECK THIS, INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY FOR Y500 NOW IN INDIA

Y500.jpg

LINK

*support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/iws.page?

hey guys,

nice update mate

$hadow

Geek in making
When will 750m version will come in India??
Any Idea??
thanks

Forget about that I was in talk with a sales rep yesterday and she said lenovo has no plan to launch y500 750m in India reason being India do not need so much powefull gpu. I almost fell of my chair listening to her.

No,
the company wouldn't do that... It will definitely come
These sales guys know nothin.
Try telling them a problem they tell first thing to restart a computer like the person wouldn't have even tried that!

nseries73

Journeyman
Forget about that I was in talk with a sales rep yesterday and she said lenovo has no plan to launch y500 750m in India reason being India do not need so much powefull gpu. I almost fell of my chair listening to her.

he eh the sales lady only views photos and listens to music n her y500........lolz that's why India doesn't require a powerful gpu

lolz........

No,
the company wouldn't do that... It will definitely come
These sales guys know nothin.
Try telling them a problem they tell first thing to restart a computer like the person wouldn't have even tried that!

afaik these call centers ass hls knows nothing of these products how will they know what is launching when?????

$hadow

Geek in making
These guys are there coz company has to put some one as a customer rep. So they only want good english spoken and when you ask some thing tricky they will either put you on hold or transfer your call.

Top Bottom