The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

sankar

Broken In
Oh so it isn't a fix then, I won't bother installing. I will wait for the guys to come over - but these n00bs would absolutely go on about how it is a driver issue until you repeatedly tell that it isn't and is a known hardware issue.

Take a printout and show them this

**support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?DocID=HT076627

Gtb93

In the zone
There's nothing to see. I just see benchmarks, and more benchmarks. Just like anupam_pb, I've seen both laptops, side by side. Their performance, be it gaming or multitasking[Fifa13,NFSMW,BF3,CODMW3,BO2,MOH:WF,PES13,FC3, Sleeping Dogs, HM:abso, DmC(yes my friends play way too much :/ )] and for me, Y500 is the clear winner. Plus, with the addition of an FHD screen and backlit , it's the more sensible buy anyday. Movies look amazing. ^_^

tkin

Back to school!!
There's nothing to see. I just see benchmarks, and more benchmarks. Just like anupam_pb, I've seen both laptops, side by side. Their performance, be it gaming or multitasking[Fifa13,NFSMW,BF3,CODMW3,BO2,MOH:WF,PES13,FC3, Sleeping Dogs, HM:abso, DmC(yes my friends play way too much :/ )] and for me, Y500 is the clear winner. Plus, with the addition of an FHD screen and backlit , it's the more sensible buy anyday. Movies look amazing. ^_^
No no no, thou shall bow down to 3d mark, always, and forget FHD, get 640x480 cause that will run games so cool, better yet get a 320x240 and play all games at 1000FPS, because that what counts right? Moar FPS, forget quality, and if it loses to even one laptop in 3dmark, throw it out of the balcony, you must always have better performance, quality is for noobs, who needs a better screen, look at my stupid friend, he bought a 1080P monitor to play games using his HD7850, what a noob, he should have suck to 1600x900, cause who needs 1080P, 1600x900 is just as good, and where are those stupid people who buy mac books, retina, pffft :D :D

jamiejako

Broken In
Has anyone actually bought one of these that comes with a synaptics touchpad? I'm about to buy one from a local dealer..should i go for it? there is no way of knowing the manufacturing date until after the purchase, i suppose

amg009

Broken In
no no no, thou shall bow down to 3d mark, always, and forget fhd, get 640x480 cause that will run games so cool, better yet get a 320x240 and play all games at 1000fps, because that what counts right? Moar fps, forget quality, and if it loses to even one laptop in 3dmark, throw it out of the balcony, you must always have better performance, quality is for noobs, who needs a better screen, look at my stupid friend, he bought a 1080p monitor to play games using his hd7850, what a noob, he should have suck to 1600x900, cause who needs 1080p, 1600x900 is just as good, and where are those stupid people who buy mac books, retina, pffft :d :d

roflmao... :d

tkin

Back to school!!
Has anyone actually bought one of these that comes with a synaptics touchpad? I'm about to buy one from a local dealer..should i go for it? there is no way of knowing the manufacturing date until after the purchase, i suppose
Afaik no, but lenovo has so far replaced them asap, read flipkart reviews for more info.

Gtb93

In the zone
No no no, thou shall bow down to 3d mark, always, and forget FHD, get 640x480 cause that will run games so cool, better yet get a 320x240 and play all games at 1000FPS, because that what counts right? Moar FPS, forget quality, and if it loses to even one laptop in 3dmark, throw it out of the balcony, you must always have better performance, quality is for noobs, who needs a better screen, look at my stupid friend, he bought a 1080P monitor to play games using his HD7850, what a noob, he should have suck to 1600x900, cause who needs 1080P, 1600x900 is just as good, and where are those stupid people who buy mac books, retina, pffft :D :D

:rofl:

coolguyind

Broken In
Guys....planning to buy a lappy....after going through quite a no.of threads and forums here...got more confused..but still ultimately decided in favour of sammy(samsung 5 series)..... but then got the news of Lenovo Y series... again things got confused.....so guys ...all who actually used any one of them or both of them....can you put inhere any short brief comparison....i mean brief one..and to the point....on major issues in both...which ones you suggest....thanks in advance...

Contacted FK. All systems with fk were manufactured in or around july - 2012. This means all systems with fk have elan.
They contacted lenovo, they say its either elan or synaptics. Could be anything. lenovo guys trolling FK too..!! :razz:

My laptop (from Flipkart) was manufactured on 21 November 2012, told by Lenovo. My touchpad got fixed after Lenovo guys opened my laptop & checked the wiring (cleaned wires connecting touchpad & mobo). Still ELAN but no problems from last two days.

My laptop (from Flipkart) was manufactured on 21 November 2012, told by Lenovo. My touchpad got fixed after Lenovo guys opened my laptop & checked the wiring (cleaned wires connecting touchpad & mobo). Still ELAN but no problems from last two days.

Ok guys, I'm unable to do gaming in battery. Games struck a bit. But when I connect AC power it runs normally. Any solutions?

tkin

Back to school!!

Ok guys, I'm unable to do gaming in battery. Games struck a bit. But when I connect AC power it runs normally. Any solutions?
Check power settings.

pratyush997

Inactive
While playing game, if power goes off , then the game should run smoothly for atleast 5-10 minutes so that I can reach checkpoint or finish the race
On Battery power Turbo boost (i.e. 2.2 GHz boosts to 3.3/4 GHz disables) and it runs on 2.2 Ghz
So obviously It's hard on battery and may result in increase in Wear level

Top Bottom