The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Got mine with Elan and touchpad has gone bonkers with a few hours use :( Loving the laptop though.

Whom did you contact Anupam? I mean did you mail them first? And do they collect laptop from you or will I have to send them mine?

I didn't involve flipkart. I called their toll free number 1800 300 29929, then i told them about my problem. They asked me to send an email to lenconsumer@in.ibm.com stating the problem & attaching bill. After few email transactions between me & lenconsumer@in.ibm.com, a guy from Durgapur's service centre called & told me that they are placing order for my new keyboard(there was problem with my keyboard too). They told me that due to keyboard's problem my touch pad is malfunctioning. Today(after 4 days) Lenovo guy came & replaced my keyboard but still there is problem with touchpad. I've informed them, they told that they will contact me back soon.............

It's an issue with Lenovo's design. There is a solution, but that would need me opening the system and voiding the warranty. So I'll have to speak with a bunch of morons now and I hate speaking to anyone :(

Don't try to open your Y500. Its complicated. A good news, it has only one 8GB DDR3 RAM & the other slot is free !!! :-o

Lenovo guy told me that during ADP period if anything happens to laptop, Lenovo will replace it(Just keep the broken pieces safetly )

@n3rd : My laptop got 7.5 & 7.5 for Processor & RAM in windows experience index

Last edited:
OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Booked my complaint Lenovo, they'll apparently send someone over in 2-3 days so hopefully it's all good :)

Did book a complaint with Flipkart too, guess I'll just cancel that now?

tkin

Back to school!!
Booked my complaint Lenovo, they'll apparently send someone over in 2-3 days so hopefully it's all good :)

Did book a complaint with Flipkart too, guess I'll just cancel that now?
Cancel it, else fk might replace it with a new one and again back to square one, oh, lenovo :facepalm:

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Yeah the Flipkart guy said that he'd email me, I'll reply then. Not risking yet another ELAN touchpad.

Surajhb07

Right off the assembly line
Yes it does come with the faulty touchpad.but the lenovo guys replaced it within a day with a synaptics touchpad.if u re lucky u myt end up getting a model with a good touchpad as apparently only a few models manufactured during novemeber hav this problem.i was one of them !

can u pls post d exact address of d store where u got your laptop??? I'm from Bangalore n I wanna buy this laptop..... Thank you!!!

Did u guys check the updated driver in Lenovo US site ?
For me it improved the touchpad.... Using new driver from yesterday night, till now no problems but they will come back, as given in Lenovo US forum....

How do you guys know that touchpad is being replaced by synaptics.
till date has anyone in the forum has his touchpad repaired and received synaptics one or just has been said that he would receive the synaptics one by lenovo???
plz reply...
and do check if its synaptics by going to device properties

till date has anyone in the forum has his touchpad repaired and received synaptics one or just has been said that he would receive the synaptics one by lenovo???
plz reply...

tkin

Back to school!!
plz reply...

plz reply...
Service centers do not fake device id's, its basically impossible to do :)

Also you get to install Synaptics drivers, if it was ELAN underneath, it would go hayware.

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Pankaj yes they did. And a lot of other people to. Don't you worry about that.

Yes it does come with the faulty touchpad.but the lenovo guys replaced it within a day with a synaptics touchpad.if u re lucky u myt end up getting a model with a good touchpad as apparently only a few models manufactured during novemeber hav this problem.i was one of them !

Anupam post the link mate. Is it the Synaptics one?

Synaptics driver just won't install(tried it)......

Updated ELAN driver though 3 months old

Touch pad malfunction still exists but after few minutes of malfunction mine one was back to normal, then after few minutes again went wild....after that switched to ext mouse

tkin

Back to school!!

Touch pad malfunction still exists but after few minutes of malfunction mine one was back to normal, then after few minutes again went wild....after that switched to ext mouse
Even after they changed the touchpad? What is device manager saying, elan or synaptics?

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone

Oh so it isn't a fix then, I won't bother installing. I will wait for the guys to come over - but these n00bs would absolutely go on about how it is a driver issue until you repeatedly tell that it isn't and is a known hardware issue.

Top Bottom