The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Harsh23

Broken In
Hey Guys,can anybody please tell me when their shipment from FK is arriving ....
I'm still hoping that it's 1080p,i know i may seem desperate.//:hissyfit:
but plzz guys help me if it's 720p then i'll have to get the old 650m version..:batman:

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Hey Guys,can anybody please tell me when their shipment from FK is arriving ....
but plzz guys help me if it's 720p then i'll have to get the old 650m version..:batman:

Even I am waiting for a confirmation from the guys who ordered from Flipkart.
:hissyfit:

rider

as Kratos
Lenovo updated Y500 with Y510 now with nvidia GT 750M 2GB DDR5 GPU and the new Haswell Core i7 quad-core processor 4700MQ. Lenovo Surprises with Very Capable IdeaPad Y510p - Waleg Tech N Gadgets

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Lenovo updated Y500 with Y510 now with nvidia GT 750M 2GB DDR5 GPU and the new Haswell Core i7 quad-core processor 4700MQ. Lenovo Surprises with Very Capable IdeaPad Y510p - Waleg Tech N Gadgets
Lol... We already know that. There even was a thread about it a couple of days back.
The main topic of discussion in this thread is:
1. Doubt regarding FullHD screen of the newly released Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647). (FullHD or 1366x768)
2. Whether to buy the old model Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) which has a FullHD screen but is out of stock almost every where.
3. Whether to buy Lenovo Ideapad Y510p internationally. Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Laptop (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB, 8 GB, 1 TB, Windows 8 64 bit) - Black | iBhejo.com Better specs but doubt regarding screen type (FullHD?) and also, no warranty.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Why no warranty? All y500s are imported. Don't they have international warranty?

What??? Do they have international warranty??? Someone please confirm. My whole decision centers around this facet!!! :hissyfit:
P.S. Please confirm that the y510p (Not the y500) has warranty here!!!

rohanz

Journeyman
What??? Do they have international warranty??? Someone please confirm. My whole decision centers around this facet!!! :hissyfit:
P.S. Please confirm that the y510p (Not the y500) has warranty here!!!

My y500 which I got from nehru place is imported. Not sure about the y510

the y510p is not expected in india for atleast 1.5-2 months.....and given by what india normally gets....i expect it to be a 1366x768....one can feel free to subtract some more features.
By the way...just feast your eyes with this-
IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)
its in USA site
God....they are so lucky...

and going by the trend....expect the price to be around 75000

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
@anupam_pb
Good news about the synaptics touchpad, but that was already like confirmed... Did somebody receive their piece from Flipkart??? :)
And, guys, what do you suggest??? Should I go ahead with the ibhejo.com deal for the IdeaPad Y510p???
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Laptop (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB, 8 GB, 1 TB, Windows 8 64 bit) - Black | iBhejo.com
Will that thing have warranty in India??? Somebody please confirm.:huh?:

Ya, one guy got laptop from FK.......posted in FB page

@anupam_pb
Good news about the synaptics touchpad, but that was already like confirmed... Did somebody receive their piece from Flipkart??? :)
And, guys, what do you suggest??? Should I go ahead with the ibhejo.com deal for the IdeaPad Y510p???
Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p Laptop (2.40GHz 1600MHz 6MB, 8 GB, 1 TB, Windows 8 64 bit) - Black | iBhejo.com

Most probably, it would be 1080p display. Confirm it from them. Also ask about international warranty.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Most probably, it would be 1080p display. Confirm it from them. Also ask about international warranty.

Okay. Will ask them. Btw, do you have any idea about the octroi/road tax charged by the courier companies? Or, do you know anyone who can give me the idea about international shopping?:)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
@anupam_pb

flipkart reviews already say its a confirmed 720p screen.
lenovo may have international warranty but since 510p is not in india whether that warranty will be provided or not is a different issue. if you bought a y500 abroad then maybe warranty in india wouldve been possible. but since the model is not in india to begin with no warranty,

see above. confirmed 720p frmo flipkart

i guess i'll just go with y500 750m...beacause for me that cool red backlit keyboard is too much to compromise....because when you are sitting in a room with your friends what will catch their attention is the backlit keyboard....not some minor changes in specs....not many people have a red backlit keyboard...
as for movies....i mostly watch 720p videos....for which this is sufficient.....
gaming....i think i'll be able to play almost every game at high to ultra settings with this resolution and graphic card....
im just a bit worried about surfing....i hope its not hopeless on this resolution???

@vkl - are you satisfied with the lingo now???

the difference is only noticeable when you ever see a 1080p screen. if you didnt theres no point. i thought 1366x768 screen was the pinnacle before i got this machine so stay happy with whatever you have. its more than reasonable and well enough for a 15.6 inch screen. the problem is actually screen quality not resolution. 1080p screens tend to be brighter and have better color reproduction etc. whether this is true for all cases i cannot say but in general this is what i have observed and this is what makes the 1080p screen actually better than 768p, not the pixels.

for example my old dell 768p screen was at 190 nits brightness, and the y500 1080p has 250+ nits brightness and much better color. the old dell screen looks damn dull now. doesnt mean its bad as i said i was fine with it before i got a 1080p screen. so dont dwell on this issue about screens that much.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
More than the FullHD screen, the reason I am so interested in y510p is because of the anti-glare display. I so hate glossy displays. Find them distracting as hell!!! :evil:
Regarding warranty, I don't think that's gonna be that big an issue for me as I live in the NE and whenever something major happened with an electronic gadget to me or my friends here, warranty or no warranty, it rarely ever did get better!!! Pathetic condition here... :evil:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
More than the FullHD screen, the reason I am so interested in y510p is because of the anti-glare display. I so hate glossy displays. Find them distracting as hell!!! :evil:
Regarding warranty, I don't think that's gonna be that big an issue for me as I live in the NE and whenever something major happened with an electronic gadget to me or my friends here, warranty or no warranty, it rarely ever did get better!!! Pathetic condition here... :evil:
i prefer glossy displays. matte dulls the colors and brightness. i dont really notice any reflections at all while actualy using the screen. maybe you should see a live display of this laptop first?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^ Will check if I am able to get a live demo somewhere. :)
Btw, does it reflect under direct tubelight? I mean with the tubelight right behind you? :-?

@powerhoney-dude be patient man....there have been instances where the customs have detained products with them for months...so in an attempt to get get the product early....you might actually end up getting it later than expected....

Same condition in Andaman & Nicobar Islands !!! No auth. phone service centre too......but there is a MMX auth. service centre here :shock:

Top Bottom