The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

60k... Cause it's still a good laptop with killer specs and looks... As for me, if I ever needed to watch 1080p stuff, I would probably do that on my 47" HDTV and not this 15.6" laptop!!! :)

There is something known as PPI, which matters. Macbook Pro has 25** x 16** resolution (except that, weight n dimension, everything else in crap)

^^ Wow!!! You're quite intelligent... :)
Which branch??? Am in mechanical... :)

Mech... didn't get ECE

Hey guys got the new Y500 from Vedant Computers (kolkata) for 65k today... the custom model number is Y500 59379647... it has GT750m .. but to my surprise the screen is NOT 1080p!!! :-( The resolution is 1366x768 ... I'm damn sure the flipkart version will also be the same.. as the custom model number is same...

Ya one guy at FB page also confirmed that.....check my sign for link

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
There is something known as PPI, which matters. Macbook Pro has 25** x 16** resolution (except that, weight n dimension, everything else in crap)

Yeah... I know about the PPI... I was just saying that I would rather watch a 1080p movie on an HDTV rather than a Laptop or Mobile with higher PPI... Gaming and other activities differ in that matter, I suppose...
Anyway, am gonna take a final decision on which model to buy once somebody gets their Lappy delivered from Flipkart... Can the people who ordered from Flipkart state their ETA??? :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Yeah... I know about the PPI... I was just saying that I would rather watch a 1080p movie on an HDTV rather than a Laptop or Mobile with higher PPI... Gaming and other activities differ in that matter, I suppose...
Anyway, am gonna take a final decision on which model to buy once somebody gets their Lappy delivered from Flipkart... Can the people who ordered from Flipkart state their ETA??? :)

isnt it more or less confirmed now that all 750m models are 720p? it makes sense due to the price too think about it. and i personally know the vedant infotech guy what hes offering is always the best so if hes giving the 720p model its the only one available in the market.
btw to the NITians sup bros im doing EE in NIT allahabad

model number 9647...6619 discontinued permanently as per lenovo guys...

flipkart nw says delivered in 2-3 days....those who ordered earler,can u plz check up on ur shipment status nd tell us wen is ur shipment expected???

ok nw lets discuss....do v really need a 1080p screen???
most of us here wud b using d laptop fr movies, videos, gaming, internet surfing etc...very few of us wud b using it fr graphic designing etc...
please correct me on des points if im wrong-
MOVIES-the lappy comes wid a DVD drive i.e. v wil b able play only dvds which i guess is nt more than 720p....u can download 1080p movies from d internet but den its around 2gb...d download cost wud b high if ur using a high speed connection...so possibly v wud nyway settle fr a 720p movie.
GAMING-as far as i know most of the games wud throttle/give low fps on 1080p screen ...so v wud ultimately hv to settle fr gaming on a lower resolution.
GENERAL USE-fr stuff like interent surfing etc....i dont think it wud make much of a difference.

so wat do u say guys???
coz as per my research dis lappy comes only wid 133x768 res in india....nd model number 6619 is permanently discontinued....

its not about the screen its about the fact that they are selling so called 1080p screens at 720p. its fraud and this case can actually be taken to court.
p.s. i am able to play all current games on 1080p quite nicely including the newly released last light. that too on stock clocks. side by side with a friends laptop he has a 1366x768 screen and while most may argue that its not different, it was different ( better)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
^^ Gosh... Am I the only one from a lower-tier NIT??? :boink:
P.S.: Somebody please receive the lappy from Flipkart soon!!! :cry:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Hey guys got the new Y500 from Vedant Computers (kolkata) for 65k today... the custom model number is Y500 59379647... it has GT750m .. but to my surprise the screen is NOT 1080p!!! :-( The resolution is 1366x768 ... I'm damn sure the flipkart version will also be the same.. as the custom model number is same...

according to this website LENOVO Y500-59379647-Computer Warehouse
the y500 in india is indeed non 1080p. flipkart has the same model number. a user review on flipkart says its 720p. anyone cancel their orders if they can

59-346619 is the one with 1080p screen according to lenovo and costs 74k on their website

rohanz

Journeyman
LOL! Lenovo trolling! People who want to buy y500 and are getting the old model, buy it dont think!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
LOL! Lenovo trolling! People who want to buy y500 and are getting the old model, buy it dont think!
Lol it doesnt help that the old model is sold out everywhere. as they say old is gold :D
all jokes aside did someone actually see the 1080p screen listed as a spec on the box of the new models. if it does not mention a 1080p i dont think lenovo would be liable for this. those who bought the new model should return it as quickly as possible on the grounds of fraud. from lenovos side the model number clearly does not have 1080p listed anywhere, so it would be the fault of flipkart or the dealer.

for flipkart users cancel the order if possible or do not accept this product at all. it is confirmed to have 720p screen. if accepted use the 30 day return policy

Arnab.rc

Broken In
nahh... i m not going to get a 720p screen.. I dont get it.. I thought that is a bold move by lenovo... they bring their 2nd best config of y500 in india.. n instead of having faulty touch-pad it was selling like hotcake..!!! now they came with a thing which is not even worst us model.. its not even their in the list... n i think its pretty much time we can say hd+ or fhd screen are going to be standard...!! we are getting fhd in mobiles in flagships now a days..!! why in the case of laptops they think we are 3rd world country..!!!!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
nahh... i m not going to get a 720p screen.. I dont get it.. I thought that is a bold move by lenovo... they bring their 2nd best config of y500 in india.. n instead of having faulty touch-pad it was selling like hotcake..!!! now they came with a thing which is not even worst us model.. its not even their in the list... n i think its pretty much time we can say hd+ or fhd screen are going to be standard...!! we are getting fhd in mobiles in flagships now a days..!! why in the case of laptops they think we are 3rd world country..!!!!

you cant blame lenovo, they still are selling the 1080p model on their website. the model has JUST launched so we should wait for a while more for market availability. its possible that the 1080p model hasnt arrived in india yet ( shipment )

you cant blame lenovo, they still are selling the 1080p model on their website. the model has JUST launched so we should wait for a while more for market availability. its possible that the 1080p model hasnt arrived in india yet ( shipment )

r dey???can u gv me d link???coz as far as i know ....if u check in d tech specs of 6619 on der site it says 1366x768
IdeaPad Y500 Laptop | Lenovo (IN)

congo buddy....the full HD version is nt expected ny tym soon....d nxt release is straight away gonna b y510p...btw can u check d manufacturing date nd i hope its workin fine....no issues right???

but i called flipkart twice about the recent model.. both time they confirmed its 1080p...

dude .....dey r idiots...dey jus read out wats written infront of dem....dey don even know d importance of higher resolution...but nyways ...i guess someone will recv d product by dis monday den v can check frm dem...nd its already been confirmed frm all corners of d country dat its 1366x768....dey cant possibly b having a unique product...so lets jus wait nd watch till monday

Arnab.rc

Broken In
ha ha.. who can say the 510p (whenever they gonna release) will not have the same 720p screen of this y500... lol manufacturers....

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Those who are getting 1366*768 resolution model and it is not what they wanted should return it.Flipkart should give refund as one is not getting what is mentioned on their website.Before making a purchase just make everything certain about the specs from manufacturer's site or other reliable sources.There have been instances where their(flipkart's) specs were wrong for things like number of usb3.0 ports,number of free RAM slots.

@geekindisguise
Please stop using SMS lingo.

HeRock

Broken In
hey guys everything working fin till now .. clocks are lower on battery as expected.. the touchpad is synapics, no issues with that...It has 8GB single memory stick & the other slot is free.

What's bugging me is, when I tried to shrink my C drive it wouldn't let me shrink it beyond about 450GB...so now I have 450GB of C drive and the rest for data storage... any solution so that I could use about 100GB for C drive (windows partition) and the rest for data storage? :-/

jamiejako

Broken In
What's bugging me is, when I tried to shrink my C drive it wouldn't let me shrink it beyond about 450GB...so now I have 450GB of C drive and the rest for data storage... any solution so that I could use about 100GB for C drive (windows partition) and the rest for data storage? :-/

I don't know if there is an easier way, but as far as I know, you can't shrink the C: drive beyond a limit.
What I did was, I created a Onekey Recovery backup, copied it to an external, formatted and re-partitioned the entire hdd and then restored.

HeRock

Broken In
I don't know if there is an easier way, but as far as I know, you can't shrink the C: drive beyond a limit.
What I did was, I created a Onekey Recovery backup, copied it to an external, formatted and re-partitioned the entire hdd and then restored.

Well.. If I store the backup in a partition (lets say D) and then wipe out and recreate all the other partitions EXCEPT D (such as C,E) and then recover from the D .. it should still work right?

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Why is there always a confusion in y500, last time it was between elan/ synaptics and now it's 1080p/720p.. Gosh...

Top Bottom