The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I was thinking about the y510p model from ibhejo.com but you asked me not to buy from them, but instead from borderlinx.com...
I would like to know why and what are the advantages of both websites??? :)

dude just get the old damn 650m model while it is available. why do you fail to grasp that the 750m is an overclocked 650m. i tried overclocking to even 1ghz without a significant rise in temperature which is above the max 750m turbo. point being get the 650m model in 1080p while it is in stock before you regret it. god knows when and IF the 510p will arrive and meanwhile the stocks of 650m model are depleting

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
dude just get the old damn 650m model while it is available. why do you fail to grasp that the 750m is an overclocked 650m. i tried overclocking to even 1ghz without a significant rise in temperature which is above the max 750m turbo. point being get the 650m model in 1080p while it is in stock before you regret it. god knows when and IF the 510p will arrive and meanwhile the stocks of 650m model are depleting

Yeah, I know that the 750m is just an overclocked 650m...
It's just that I can't get the 510p out of my mind and I don't want to be left with the lingering feeling of "what if"... :)
Anyway, what can you say about the services of both the websites??? :)
And, I know I'll feel damn stupid if anything goes wrong but don't know why... Am just feeling eccentric this season!!! :mrgreen:

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude i dont know about those websites but i can definitely tell you, that the local 650m is a much better choice. the only difference is the new haswell processor and better battery life, but i can bet on you not getting warranty unless lenovo decides to release this model in india. lenovo releases models it intends to quite quickly in the indian market. if you really want the 510p then its better to wait when it releases in india. there isnt really any practical difference aside from a 1.5 hour increases ( alleged ) battery life. it will truly be your loss if the only remaining 650m model which is in flipkart sells out

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
dude i dont know about those websites but i can definitely tell you, that the local 650m is a much better choice. the only difference is the new haswell processor and better battery life, but i can bet on you not getting warranty unless lenovo decides to release this model in india. lenovo releases models it intends to quite quickly in the indian market. if you really want the 510p then its better to wait when it releases in india. there isnt really any practical difference aside from a 1.5 hour increases ( alleged ) battery life. it will truly be your loss if the only remaining 650m model which is in flipkart sells out
It's available locally here... The 650m model... :)
Okay, let me decide what to do... :)
Any suggestion or comments regarding ibhejo.com or borderlinx or my situation in general will be highly appreciated!!! :)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Entrana,
What is best way to partition hard disk?
How many partitions you are having ?

the best way to partition is the windows partition manager. i have only the default partitions as i dont want to risk screwing up the recovery as many users claimed it did. this is not to say that using the windows partition manager will do it, however i am fine with just one partition as i have all my data on an external drive.

It's available locally here... The 650m model... :)
Okay, let me decide what to do... :)
Any suggestion or comments regarding ibhejo.com or borderlinx or my situation in general will be highly appreciated!!! :)

dude get the 650m model. you wont regret it trust me. theres no point in dwelling over a product which isnt available. if youre planning on using ibhejo you may as well import other laptops instead of y500 like asus ROG or msi etc. something better will always come along but you have to buy something at a certain point. the advantage of 510p is ONLY battery life and its not worth the risks of online ordering. not to mention i dont think anyone has ever used ibhejo so dont know if its reliable or not

ok so I got my laptop....few things I would like to ask:-
1. how to select the GMT+5.30 time zone....this particular laptop has different stuff
2.how to increase the contrast....and colour and all those settings???
3.youtube videos appear a bit pixelated....even though i'm playing them at 720p or 1080p...and yes i've updated those flash drivers....when I open normal movies from my hard disk, they dont seem to have that problem....they play good

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
1. how to select the GMT+5.30 time zone....this particular laptop has different stuff
3.youtube videos appear a bit pixelated....even though i'm playing them at 720p or 1080p...and yes i've updated those flash drivers....when I open normal movies from my hard disk, they dont seem to have that problem....they play good

Hey, congrats on the laptop!!! Happy gaming!!! :)
Which model, btw???

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer

1) click the mini clock in the taskbar, it opens up a menu click change date and time settings. a new window opens up and click change date and time. i trust you can figure it out from here
2) you can change in the nvidia control panel, right click desktop and choose nvidia control panel. i suggest you update to the latest drivers as there is always a performance increase
3) try disabling hardware acceleration in youtube. rightclick the video click properties then disable video acceleration.

as for the resolution, it is a hardware thing. if you send a 1080p signal to a 768p screen it will show up blank. this is why evertime you change resolution it asks you if it is ok or not and in 15 seconds it reverts to original resolution.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Entrana,

Any suggestions for
1. Cooling pad (is it required)
2. Gaming mouse.

1) not required by a longshot (64C on load for gpu )
2) under 2k the best gaming mouse is logitech g400. tried and tested by yours truly and a lot of other gamers. if you prefer other brands definitely dont go for razer or steelseries in this range its absolute crap. you may try coolermaster spawn/xornet mouses they too are good. g400 costs 1.9k in flipkart and is the best imo.

while you are picking up a gaming mouse you should also pick up a gaming mousepad. i suggest the steelseries qck small size ( its actually quite large) at rs 565. this mousepad has won several awards and is probably the best mousepad ( specially in this range )

also if youre not that much of a hardcore gamer, you can try the razer cyclosa keyboard + mouse bundle in flipkart for 2200. the mouse included is a 1800 dpi razer abyssus ( no extra buttons ) which is reasonably good ( not better than g400 ) and also a razer cyclosa gaming keyboard ( not that good, but should do ). ratings for this on flipkart are bad however a friend of mine bought this and it seemed reasonable for the price.

Last edited:

deadzone

Journeyman
2) under 2k the best gaming mouse is logitech g400. tried and tested by yours truly and a lot of other gamers. if you prefer other brands definitely dont go for razer or steelseries in this range its absolute crap. you may try coolermaster spawn/xornet mouses they too are good. g400 costs 1.9k in flipkart and is the best imo.

while you are picking up a gaming mouse you should also pick up a gaming mousepad. i suggest the steelseries qck small size ( its actually quite large) at rs 565. this mousepad has won several awards and is probably the best mousepad ( specially in this range )

also if youre not that much of a hardcore gamer, you can try the razer cyclosa keyboard + mouse bundle in flipkart for 2200. the mouse included is a 1800 dpi razer abyssus ( no extra buttons ) which is reasonably good ( not better than g400 ) and also a razer cyclosa gaming keyboard ( not that good, but should do ). ratings for this on flipkart are bad however a friend of mine bought this and it seemed reasonable for the price.

SteelSeries North America - SteelSeries QcK mini

The above one ...right ? Steelseries qck mini

Which one from below :

*www.flipkart.com/m/m-search-all/searchCategory?q=steelseries%20qck&store=4rr&count=24&otracker=search

Entrana,

Any suggestions for
1. Cooling pad (is it required)
2. Gaming mouse.

1. Mostly......no. But I'm planning to buy one as in college area temp rises to ~45C. At that time laptop's temp. 65-70C at idle. Keyboard also malfunctions.
2. I'm using Logitech mouse. If u r willing to spend, buy one from Razer or Steel Series

deadzone

Journeyman
@entrana
Thanks for suggestions
@anupam,
Thanks for reply.more info below

1. Mostly......no. But I'm planning to buy one as in college area temp rises to ~45C. At that time laptop's temp. 65-70C at idle. Keyboard also malfunctions.
2. I'm using Logitech mouse. If u r willing to spend, buy one from Razer or Steel Series
No I am not willing to spend too much....
I have decided to go for G400 + steelseries pad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom