The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

RON28

Cyborg Agent
if indians doesn't need GTX 750M then ask her why Crysis 3 has been released here? to play with Onboard Intel GPU?

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Forget about that I was in talk with a sales rep yesterday and she said lenovo has no plan to launch y500 750m in India reason being India do not need so much powefull gpu. I almost fell of my chair listening to her.

:rofl:

No,
the company wouldn't do that... It will definitely come
These sales guys know nothin.
Try telling them a problem they tell first thing to restart a computer like the person wouldn't have even tried that!

I remember the day, when I was mad at them because they were just not listening to me regarding the touchpad issue. They were continuously insisting on reinstalling Win8 using recovery. Then I emailed them the proof(posted by Admin at Lenovo forum) to support the solution (Actually one of the service guy suggested me this, he was quite knowledgeable)

Guys anyone with Synaptics touchpad, facing keyboard issues ??
It was working fine for more than a month, with Always ON USB feature ON.

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
First my keyboard was replaced, then touchpad(after 3-4 weeks) with whole front panel. Don't know why it again started giving keyboard problems yesterday

$hadow

Geek in making
First my keyboard was replaced, then touchpad(after 3-4 weeks) with whole front panel. Don't know why it again started giving keyboard problems yesterday

So what about the new y500 is it coming with synaptic touch pad???

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Glad to hear that..:)

How is the games performing under the battery power?

In battery power, GPU gets underclocked. You would get much better graphics quality in AC power.
Anyways, you can play games by lowering gfx quality. Till now I haven't played games in battery power for too long(5-10 min max.)

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Of course I dont want to play in battery power. I need to save when the power goes off.. For that I need 5-10 mins of battery power to play

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
In battery power, GPU gets underclocked. You would get much better graphics quality in AC power.
Anyways, you can play games by lowering gfx quality. Till now I haven't played games in battery power for too long(5-10 min max.)

Is that performance worse than Intel HD 4000 ?

pratyush997

Inactive
Of course I dont want to play in battery power. I need to save when the power goes off.. For that I need 5-10 mins of battery power to play
Ohh sorry.
AFAIK cpu under clocks to 2.4Ghz I. E. turbo mode (boosting to 3.4GHz) is disabled on battery power.

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
OK, just take my example:
I run NFSMW 2012 in medium-high in 1080p resolution. When power goes off, i just lower resolution to 720p & continue gaming.....thats it

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
OK, just take my example:
I run NFSMW 2012 in medium-high in 1080p resolution. When power goes off, i just lower resolution to 720p & continue gaming.....thats it

Not at all a problem for me...

And another doubt wil there be a fps difference if I play in 1080p in 42 inch tv?

pratyush997

Inactive
Not at all a problem for me...

And another doubt wil there be a fps difference if I play in 1080p in 42 inch tv?
You shouldn't face any loss in performance because you folks got Igpu disabled and the hdmi port should be hooked up directly to Dgpu.
In short, everything should be fine

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
You shouldn't face any loss in performance because you folks got Igpu disabled and the hdmi port should be hooked up directly to Dgpu.
In short, everything should be fine

What I'm asking is, if I get 45fps in 1080p in 15" wil it maintain same 45fps in 1080p in 42" tv?