the Intel LGA 1155 motherboard thread

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^The Asus one has an internal USB 3.0 header, PCIe 3.0 slot etc. I'd say its a bit overpriced. My vote goes to DH67CL. Or else wait for H77 boards from other manufactures like Intel/MSI, they'll be cheaper and will have the same features.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Could you make it clear? I've seen gamers on a tight budget pairing i5 with H61. AFAIK there's no performance difference between H61 & H67.

For answer: Use google. You will get the answer in your way.
If there were no difference, then there would not have been 2 different chipsets, ain't it?
By pairing i5-2400 with H61 board the system will run, but enable turbo boost with H61 and see the VRM of the board been blown away at the same instant.
H61 is intended mainly for Pentium processors and at max for i3-2100.
Again, for more info, google. I'm not in the mood to copy paste the facts from different site.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
still not clear , some sites say h61 and h67 are same in performance ,
some say that h61 is less than h67 in performance..

but to be sure..
please suggest ..
i think getting a msi one at 1 k more : *http//www.flipkart.com/msi-h67ma-e...pw--&ref=27afc955-87ea-49bc-bc76-ee1b0f9e6a6e

i'll have h67 and also its one k less than other h67s

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
still not clear , some sites say h61 and h67 are same in performance ,
some say that h61 is less than h67 in performance..

but to be sure..
please suggest ..
i think getting a msi one at 1 k more : *http//www.flipkart.com/msi-h67ma-e...pw--&ref=27afc955-87ea-49bc-bc76-ee1b0f9e6a6e

i'll have h67 and also its one k less than other h67s

Add 0.6K, and buy Intel DH67-CL

AcceleratorX

Youngling
If you're going to go for an H67 platform, then you're probably not an overclocker anyway. For that reason, you can go with just about any brand.

I actually recommend this ECS board:

Theitdepot - ECS H67H2-M3 16GB DDR3 USB 3.0 Intel Motherboard

It actually has decent features and a very good price to boot.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
If there were no difference, then there would not have been 2 different chipsets, ain't it?
By pairing i5-2400 with H61 board the system will run, but enable turbo boost with H61 and see the VRM of the board been blown away at the same instant.

There are differences like USB 3.0, SATA III, RAM slots etc due to chipset limitations. I couldn't find any case in google in which an h61 board got blown away on enabling Turbo Boost. So when you're in good mood, Knidly post the link to that. It'll be helpful to others having the same doubt too:)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
@ d6bmg : please ^^ the above is the only solution ..

and add 1 k to 4.6 k to make it 5.6 k

and i searched google for the vrm thingy..
the only meaningful link there, was to this thread.....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I don't think .. stick to what you have unless you need Intel Quick Sync or going for some extreme level OCing ;-)

samiryadav

Broken In
^^thanks....i will keep what i have for now...and wait till next year for any upgrade. :)
i am running my cpu at 4.4Ghz and RAM @ 1666Mhz this is more than enough for me :)

and i don't know what exactly intel Quick sync is for?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Read this ;-)

AnandTech - The Sandy Bridge Review: Intel Core i7-2600K, i5-2500K and Core i3-2100 Tested

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
For answer: Use google. You will get the answer in your way.
H61 is intended mainly for Pentium processors and at max for i3-2100.
Again, for more info, google. I'm not in the mood to copy paste the facts from different site.
please post the link buddy..

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
hey guys ! i got 2 questions..
1> can the z77 support lga1155 chipsets?? if yes ,please suggest some mobo under 10k
2> what is (B3) in "Intel DH67CL B3 LGA 1155"?

also is the above mobo Intel DH67CL LGA 1155 ATX Motherboard good?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Z77 chipset based mobos indeed supports LGA 1155 cpus from Sandy and Ivy Brdidge family.

whether you will need to get a z77 or H67 mobo depends on what cpu you are going to use - if you will get a K series cpu ( like 2500k, 2600k, 3570k etc. ) then opt for z77 mobo or else h67 chipset based mobo like the one you mentioned above is just fine .

B3 is a revision to fix the Cougar Point Issue found on earlier P67/H67 mobos -

AnandTech - The Source of Intel's Cougar Point SATA Bug

all of the latest B3 labeled P67/H67 and Z68, Z77, H77, Z75 chipset based mobos are free from this issue though.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
^^ @topgear, thanks man.so i think a h67 is enough for i5 2400.

and also is there any differences between the processors in the i5 series?? like the 2400 and the 2320 and the like, ( not k, i know its oc'able).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ there's no significant difference between core i5 2400 and core i5 2320 other than 100 Mhz clock speed - so if you want to save some bucks you can go for core i5 2320.

Top Bottom