the Intel LGA 1155 motherboard thread

Souro_Ray

In the zone
I'm planing on a rig setup for a close friend and i've decided most of the parts already. The rig will be for some mid resolution gaming, photo editing and web surfing.

My main confusion is which particular motherboard i should pair up with either the i5-2320 or i5-2400. I'm decided on RAM, cabinet and PSU.

My choice of GPU is limited to either HD6770 or HD7750, both nearly equal in price.. Any advice would be highly appreciated :)

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
one ques please help..
is overclocking necessary to get the full juice of i5 2400 or i3 2100 .. you said that they cannot be overclocked but i saw somewhere that we have to unlock the cores after buying.. and that the cores are not all working and unlocked when you buy them..
please help..
you're talking non-sense. :)

Nor you can "unlock" i3-2100/i5-2400. Nor you can "overclock" them.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
oh you answered that for sauro..
k..
which is better a/cc to u?

sorry.... i know its nonsense to u guys but to a guy who doesnt but wants to know....

I SAID SORRY..
hehehehe

and ico.. suggest some good mobos for i5 2400.

please.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^Souro_Ray is purchasing i5 2400/2320 too. Hope you saw the couple of motherboards I suggested there. There's no separate motherboard for mastercool8695 & Souro_Ray:wink:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^Souro_Ray is purchasing i5 2400/2320 too. Hope you saw the couple of motherboards I suggested there. There's no separate motherboard for mastercool8695 & Souro_Ray:wink:

yup i saw those .. thats why i posted again...
i am askin which one would you prefer as you opted for two mobos..

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
^^As both are H67 based, performance wise there's no difference. So connectivity options will be the decisive factor. I'd say Intel DH67CL.

Souro_Ray

In the zone
I'm leaning towards that board as well. No service issues in the city, i guess? Also, how is that board, quality and build wise? Feature wise it looks pretty packed! One of the few H67 boards with 4 dimm sockets :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
time to add Z77 chipset ;-) and see the price of these mobos :

Asus ASUS P8Z77-M @ 8.2k || ASUS P8Z77-M PRO @ 11.9k || ASUS P8Z77-V @ 14.9k || ASUS P8Z77-V PRO @ 16.2k || ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE @ 20.8k

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
time to add Z77 chipset ;-) and see the price of these mobos :

ASUS P8Z77-M @ 8.2k || ASUS P8Z77-M PRO @ 11.9k || ASUS P8Z77-V @ 14.9k || ASUS P8Z77-V PRO @ 16.2k || ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE @ 20.8k

Just went through the specs of ASUS P8Z77-M at flipkart. It's good for the price I guess. 4 RAM slots, Internal USB 3.0 header and OC'ing support as well right?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Isn't it the time when we stop suggesting unlocked Intel processors with Z68 boards (nobody here suggests P67) and start suggesting specially i5-2400 along with any good H67 board, specifically for mid-end configuration. The main reason behind is the fact that supply of AMD Phenom II processors are running out and only some specific models are there in the market, and at any condition they will be out of stock in 2-3 months (at max) :unsure:

S

sanjay6502

What about Intel DH67CL (rs.5.6K) vs Asus P8H77-M (rs. 7.8K) ?

This I am asking for i5-2400......

How do both mobo's compared technically and is the added cost of H77 justified for an overall use (not only gaming... but general overall use), offcourse budget permitting !!!!!!

Top Bottom