the Intel LGA 1155 motherboard thread

dibya_kol

In the zone
Re: budget mobo for i5 2500K

As a owener of biostar TZ68K+ mobo, i can tell u this mobo is great at it's price. Biostar offers 3 years of worrenty. Mid oc won't be any issue at all. But u need to buy an after market cooler before oc. Cooler like CM hyper 212 evo would be great.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent

how about the after sales and RMA on biostar. My concern is about the probability of a defective piece and if any what could be the RMA time.. and did u face any space crunch while mounting 212 evo with the ripjaw X and the GC on this board?? how good is the board space??

dibya_kol

In the zone

this may be helpfull, but mind u they used bigger cooler than evo and older bios too. i updated to new bios and it is going nicely. no issue for g.skill ram.

Biostar TZ68K+ - Energy-Efficient LGA1155 Mainboard for Thrifty Users - X-bit labs

Tenida

Gadget Freak

@Op- Biostar is decent board you can go with it.
Btw check this thread

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
ATX form factor h67 or z68 mobo b/w 5k to 9k

I want to buy a mobo which supports all the 2nd generation core i5 and core i7 processor. It should have solid build quality and should have enough overclocking potential for RAM, CPU, and GPU. It would be good if it supports ivy bridge processors. My budget is 5k to 9k. Linking a review of the mobo in reply would be appreciated.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Re: ATX form factor h67 or z68 mobo b/w 5k to 9k

only a P67 will come in that budget..
only two Z68's i can see...
Flipkart: Intel DZ68DB Motherboard: Motherboard
Flipkart: Biostar TZ68K+ Motherboard: Motherboard

although i would tell you to increase your budget and get this
Flipkart: ASUS P8Z68-M PRO Motherboard: Motherboard

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/154164-budget-mobo-i5-2500k.html

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz

only a P67 will come in that budget..
only two Z68's i can see...
Flipkart: Intel DZ68DB Motherboard: Motherboard
Flipkart: Biostar TZ68K+ Motherboard: Motherboard

although i would tell you to increase your budget and get this
Flipkart: ASUS P8Z68-M PRO Motherboard: Motherboard

but asus p8z68 m pro is a micro atx card. Is it suitable for overclocking ram, cpu and gpu(with an after market cooler for cpu). Are there any disadvantages of the micro atx boards ?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Are there any disadvantages of the micro atx boards ?
ATX and Micro ATX are just form factors.

ATX is big. Micro ATX is small and hence has less expansion slots.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door

but asus p8z68 m pro is a micro atx card. Is it suitable for overclocking ram, cpu and gpu(with an after market cooler for cpu). Are there any disadvantages of the micro atx boards ?

no...the rog GENE-Z is a micro ATX board...still it can clock nicely....

dfcols71

In the zone
an important question suppose i decide to go for asus vpro /gen-3 and by chance during shipping of board to my home address some pin s in mb get damaged how will asus play out on rma how are are mb manufactures like msi,gigabyte, biostar on this issue i have lot of complaint about asus afterservice of motherboards in newegg asus simply refuses to accept their fault if any pins on motherboards are damaged in shippin

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ they may label it as physical damage and refuse the RMA but you should try sending it for RMA anyway and create a thread regarding this in here ( if needed ) :
Service and RMA watch - Digit Technology Discussion Forum

dfcols71

In the zone
this is a hypothetical question so in other words better to get gigabyte z68 mb or msi even if they have loop problem since asus after sales service sucks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
this is a hypothetical question so in other words better to get gigabyte z68 mb or msi even if they have loop problem since asus after sales service sucks

consider Biostar TZ68K+ @ ~7k as an good alternative ;-)

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
an important question suppose i decide to go for asus vpro /gen-3 and by chance during shipping of board to my home address some pin s in mb get damaged how will asus play out on rma how are are mb manufactures like msi,gigabyte, biostar on this issue i have lot of complaint about asus afterservice of motherboards in newegg asus simply refuses to accept their fault if any pins on motherboards are damaged in shippin
See, if something happens to the motherboard while shipping if you bought online from a dealer. You should be contacting the dealer and courier will be the one to blame.

No company's support (Asus/Gigabyte/MSI) will help you out in this case. It's the dealer's/courier's fault and you'll have to sort it out with the dealer.

dfcols71

In the zone
what if the damage was from supplier to dealer after all any damage shown to pakage while
receiving from dealer can always be sent back to dealer and refund claimed within 15 days
according to indian consumer laws
but if was damaged during international to india one can only spot it after opening the package

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
one ques please help..
is overclocking necessary to get the full juice of i5 2400 or i3 2100 .. you said that they cannot be overclocked but i saw somewhere that we have to unlock the cores after buying.. and that the cores are not all working and unlocked when you buy them..
please help..

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
but i saw somewhere that we have to unlock the cores after buying.. and that the cores are not all working and unlocked when you buy them..
please help..

Kindly post the link to this SOMEWHERE. Coz I've never heard of such a thing before.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
so what abouit the first question??

is the full juice of these proccys ready as we buy it??

i cant remember that.. saw it on some review website months ago....

Top Bottom