the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

ss max

Broken In
Earlier i was going for dell XPS15 but after this thread i was completely shifted towards HP , now i have a problem i wanted HP dv6-6121tx but i was unable to find a review and i have seen many places that they all are talking about the dv6-6017tx why is it so , i want 6121tx but i am confused:unsure:

vishu22

Broken In
Earlier it had some performance issues with most of the games due to its new muxless design of switching. But with a BIOS update, everything has been taken care of, and the laptop is now working like a charm. I am very much pleased with the performance now. I have even coaxed a friend into buy a new 6121TX for himself :D
Definitely go for it if you want a gaming machine.
Thnxx a lot dude for the info. That now the problem with the ati card has solved by hp.. ..... I m also buying 6121tx in a day or 2 ...
Just i wanna favour that i m getting this lappy for 55 k here in kota , rajasthan ..... Is it a good deal or not ?

aniket.cain

Padawan
Earlier i was going for dell XPS15 but after this thread i was completely shifted towards HP , now i have a problem i wanted HP dv6-6121tx but i was unable to find a review and i have seen many places that they all are talking about the dv6-6017tx why is it so , i want 6121tx but i am confused:unsure:

6121TX is an update of 6017TX. Configuration is almost the same and in fact 6121TX is a bit better than 6017TX. You won't be able to find 6017 anywhere as it is almost out of stock and is being replaced with 6121 at all places. You can go for 6121 safely now that the switching issue has been fixed.

Thnxx a lot dude for the info. That now the problem with the ati card has solved by hp.. ..... I m also buying 6121tx in a day or 2 ...
Just i wanna favour that i m getting this lappy for 55 k here in kota , rajasthan ..... Is it a good deal or not ?

I am not sure about the price as of now. I bought it two months ago and at that time I paid 56k at a HP World store. But people here have bought it for lesser amount than the one you have been quoted. Try finding it at stores other than the HP World, and you might find a much sweeter deal.

vishu22

Broken In
I am not sure about the price as of now. I bought it two months ago and at that time I paid 56k at a HP World store. But people here have bought it for lesser amount than the one you have been quoted. Try finding it at stores other than the HP World, and you might find a much sweeter deal.[/QUOTE]
i will check that ......... Should i check the serial no. Of the 6121tx .... as some people r saying there r faulty chipsets in some of these notebooks
? If yes then please tell me how to check that serial no. ?

mekanik

Broken In
Some input on this laptop please ..

Is there a option to choose 1920x1080 screen?
Does this laptop have S/PDIF or a Optical out??
Does the 6121TX have same KB layout as 6017?

This laptop does look very promosing..
Have been researching a lot but can be sure about the above points ..

vishu22

Broken In
I am not sure about the price as of now. I bought it two months ago and at that time I paid 56k at a HP World store. But people here have bought it for lesser amount than the one you have been quoted. Try finding it at stores other than the HP World, and you might find a much sweeter deal.[/QUOTE]

Hey plzz tell me that ..should i check that serial no. Of 6121tx at the time of buying .....as some of the intel chipsets r faulty.....

kabir mahlotra

Right off the assembly line
hi all
gr8 community really appreciate all sharing & problem sloving i will buy dv6-6121tx in two days..
i am not a hardcore gamer as all everone here but my question is will the intel i7 2630qm perform normal task like opening pdf,word, office browsing, bit of photo editing, corol,photoshop etc faster then i5 2410m because its minimum Processor 2.30GHz vs i7 2.0ghz. & if money is not a problem does 6121tx make sense for my useage as i mention above i want to finish work really fast.

will appreciate if some one help.

thank
kabir

roy_pratik

Broken In

It's available for 54k in HP store Kolkata.

tejasxs

www.gogiz.in
Hey plzz tell me that ..should i check that serial no. Of 6121tx at the time of buying .....as some of the intel chipsets r faulty.....

the faulty chips manufacturing was corrected long before,
any dv6 core i7 manufactured after feb2011 is safe.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
hi all
gr8 community really appreciate all sharing & problem sloving i will buy dv6-6121tx in two days..
i am not a hardcore gamer as all everone here but my question is will the intel i7 2630qm perform normal task like opening pdf,word, office browsing, bit of photo editing, corol,photoshop etc faster then i5 2410m because its minimum Processor 2.30GHz vs i7 2.0ghz. & if money is not a problem does 6121tx make sense for my useage as i mention above i want to finish work really fast.

will appreciate if some one help.

thank
kabir

i7 will last longer and would be better for multitasking.

You can get the 6140tx @ 48k. Its similar to 6121tx.

piyus_h

Broken In
Can any1 tell me

if i just copy the whole recovery disk of 6121tx into my external hard disk 1 tb .....

So is it the rite method... Will it work wen i recover it from my hard disk.....

Also there was no option im hp recovery backup to make a back up on a xternal hard disk...............

amirtaraj

Broken In
Can any1 tell me

if i just copy the whole recovery disk of 6121tx into my external hard disk 1 tb .....

So is it the rite method... Will it work wen i recover it from my hard disk.....

Also there was no option im hp recovery backup to make a back up on a xternal hard disk...............

It will not be a safe option and I think its also not possible,
It just requires 4 DVDs so get 4 best DVDs to write them the main reason is DVDs are Read-Only so no alterations will be done or no chance of virus affecting it

naveen.raptor

Broken In
Did anyone install Ubuntu 11.04 in Hp dv6 6121? I tried to install but the installation gets stuck after reboot.I tried to install from bootable pendrive.What might be the problem?

aniket.cain

Padawan
Can any1 tell me

If you really want to do that then use some disc cloning software to make an exact image of the HDD so that you can restore it later at anytime without much headache. I'm doing the same using Acronic True Image.

Top Bottom