The hidden problem

jsjs

Journeyman
My pc has encoutered a strange error. It does not show hidden files, when in 'folder options' i check 'show hidden files' it doesn't do that. After clicking 'apply' and 'ok' when i reopen 'folder options' 'dont show hidden files' option is checked. Today i uninstalled avira antivir and installed quick heal and the problems started after that.

Beck110011

Right off the assembly line
Its somekind of malware. They do this because they don't want you to see the malware files. The easy way is to do a full system scan with an updated antivirus. :smile:

paroh

Padawan
Scan ur computer with SUPERAntiSpyware free version and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware free version

Note:Before doing scan update there definition.

RBX

In the zone
Using an antivirus to remove the worm doesn't repair the damage that's been done. You need to modify some registry keys to get back to original settings, I did find them long ago when I was inquisitive, now I must look for them on some sites. I shall be back with solution.

EDIT:

*www.google.co.in/search?sourceid=c...dden+f&pbx=1&fp=ffc1c148a919b737&pf=p&pdl=300

Checked the first two results, seem right.

OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
^^no problem isn't solved
@razorbladextreme
i will try those links. Lets hope it works.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
download Emsisoft Anti-Malware & do a full system scan. delete whatever malware is found. then download TuneUp Utilities 2011 & let it fix problems for you. if still the problem persists, you may need to edit registry keys manually.

OP
jsjs

jsjs

Journeyman
I already have tuneup 11. I've fixed the problem manually by following the links given by razorbladextreme

Top Bottom