The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mukul

Journeyman
Re: The Half-Life and Counterstrike Thread

sure thing buddy,I will let you know as soon as I get it working.

BTW we are not any pros. lol,sunny says he has never played it and I haven't played it in months(used to play a lot earlier though).

has anybody played cs1.6 on vista?Does it work on vista at all cos mine aint working,I cant click OK on that map intro page(it just hangs there,I have to exit manually).:(

@devil_himself
yes it works on vista.....when u r stuck...just ctrl+alt+del...
go to task manager... close explorer...close hl.exe...close svchost.exe(only iff CPU uses for it >50) now run explorer.exe(from file)..close task manager...
then...run cs again ... i think it should do..

some one asked ab2 bots(go thru earlier posts too)
zbots(the best one in term of AI)
podbots... (nice)
but ..... bots are creepy ... would advice better playing against human ...

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity

^^Where ? and are we playing in hamachi ?then give me hamachi network and pass

Installing Counter-Strike from Wine

Please tell me how to install CS via wine in ubuntu. Obviously, I will select OpenGL as video renderer, I have the version 1.6 mentioned in post#1 of this thread that has zbots.

kanu2k7

Livin my Dreams
Re: Installing Counter-Strike from Wine

Hi!!
Well I am new to this Counter Strike:Condition Zero Game and i wanted to know that how can i create a server on my LAN so that my LAN friends can play with me?
Remember LAN server not want to play on internet as of now!!!
Thx

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl

Just start a server nd play and the ones needed to join shud type
either:
1: bring console in clients by ~ and type
slist
connect 1
[in case of only one server in the network]
2:type in console
connect ipaddress
eg: connect 192.168.0.10

rkvic19

Broken In

If anyone can afford a favour...tell me whats more gr8...CS:S online....or CS 1.6 online.....

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

CS 1.6 online coz its:

VERY LITE ON SYSTEM AND HAS A GREAT (AND HUGE) COMUNITY!

I installed Counter Strike 1.6 from *soc.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw/Half-Life/Counter-Strike/cs16full_zbot.zip
which was given in the first post. Once I clicked play online(or what ever the equivalent option is there) I noticed that NO servers were visible. Even with the most liberal filters, I found NO servers online. Is the game less popular or is it a problem in my computer ?

I have Windows XP SP2 and BSNL Dataone Home 500 Plus Plan for Internet.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

I installed Counter Strike 1.6 from *soc.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw/Half-Life/Counter-Strike/cs16full_zbot.zip
which was given in the first post. Once I clicked play online(or what ever the equivalent option is there) I noticed that NO servers were visible. Even with the most liberal filters, I found NO servers online. Is the game less popular or is it a problem in my computer ?

this is becoz u have the illegal cracked version...to play online u need the original steam version.

this is becoz u have the illegal cracked version...to play online u need the original steam version.
is the "original steam version" free ?
And if this version is illegal, what the hell is it doing on this thread's first post ? This thread is a sticky! :mad:
and can I manually enter server IPs to connect and play ?

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?

is the "original steam version" free ?
And if this version is illegal, what the hell is it doing on this thread's first post ? This thread is a sticky! :mad:
and can I manually enter server IPs to connect and play ?

dood cs 1.6 is NOT FREE ....

it is present on the first post becoz i think non of the mods have noticed it...looks like ill have to report.....

go out to ur nearest music store and get it for Rs 499/-
( combo pack for CZ and 1.6 )
:x

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

If anyone can afford a favour...tell me whats more gr8...CS:S online....or CS 1.6 online.....
Both are equally good Dude, the only difference is that Source as better graphics than 1.6 , but the advantage of 1.6 is that its light on systema dn even the lowest config systems can handle it quite well. :) hence the largest fan base (for cs 1.6)

I hope i solved ur problem..

Cheers n e-peace....

To be fair and straight forward, that link (wich u are talking about), was posted jus to D/load the Z bots for ur CS 1.6 version as the Z bots are jus used for CS-SOURCE titles, so anything d/loaded more on ur behalf will be ur responsiblity brother :)

Those links link to many other sites too but that does not mean u go on complaining with a Red face if u were not able to play CS 1.6 Online.

There are many posts in this thread, be kind to us and on urself too and ask for a help !! instead of complaining as to Why ? this thread was made a sticky..

There is a lot of hard work and time spent by me to create this thread, and once ppl got to knw its value, only then it was made as a Sticky...

----from...
The Half life and Counter Strike Thread Creator
----------------------------------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Last edited:

Both are equally good Dude, the only difference is that Source as better graphics than 1.6 , but the advantage of 1.6 is that its light on systema dn even the lowest config systems can handle it quite well. :) hence the largest fan base (for cs 1.6)

I hope i solved ur problem..

Cheers n e-peace....

To be fair and straight forward, that link (wich u are talking about), was posted jus to D/load the Z bots for ur CS 1.6 version as the Z bots are jus used for CS-SOURCE titles, so anything d/loaded more on ur behalf will be ur responsiblity brother :)

Those links link to many other sites too but that does not mean u go on complaining with a Red face if u were not able to play CS 1.6 Online.

There are many posts in this thread, be kind to us and on urself too and ask for a help !! instead of complaining as to Why ? this thread was made a sticky..

There is a lot of hard work and time spent by me to create this thread, and once ppl got to knw its value, only then it was made as a Sticky...

----from...
The Half life and Counter Strike Thread Creator

Cheers n e-peace....
cool down man. I have nothing against you or your thread. I just want to cinfirm this:

1. I just clicked your link, and that file was offered for download(the firefox download box came up). This means that the link you posted was containing that hacked CS 1.6

2. You need to confirm if CS 1.6 is free or non free. Each person has a different opinion

3. I too run a Urban Terror(CS's arch rival) thread and I don't get angry at whiners.

4. A pre-patched version of CS 1.6 will be welcome. I am hunting the net for it, and will try to submit it here, but if you find it, please post it in the first post, instead of linking to a zillion patches.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz

I downloaded and installed zbot for my CS 1.6 v22 patch..
Now the problem is that i cant hear any radio sounds, even though i've checked its option on.
Moreover, the autobuy and rebuy functions do not work.. So, it becomes pretty messy to buy my weapons every round.
Does anyone else have this problem? How do i rectify it. Plz help..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom