The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Correction correction guys......

:arrow: Counter Strike 1.6 (a.k.a Counter Strike-Anthology wich is based on the Half Life engine, while (as i said earlier)...
:arrow: Counter Strike Source is based on Source engine (wich is the Half Life 2 engine a.k.a Source engine).... :)

So basically Source is the newer version of CS as compared to 1.6 (both of them are on the Half life engines, one on old and the other on a newer HL engine..)
So i will buy CSS (based on Source a.k.a HL2 engine...)

BTW Vivek, I hv replied to ur pm.. :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

Counter Strike online-help

how can i play counter strike-condition zero online.
i have the original game.
i dont know how to use steam.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Can u giv sum strain to ur eyes and see this thread... www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36892 Its jus on the 1st page of the Gamerz section.. Reporting to mods to lock this thread..

BTW, Since u hv steam, there shud be a detailed manual of using it. If not then connect to net, open steam and search for a server and it will ask for ur Product Key a.k.a Game key found on ur CD pack. Enter the Code and the servers will be opened after authorising that u hv a Legal copy... :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey Vivek, are u able to d/laod any new maps for ur CSS ?? i d/loaded certain maps for CS 1.6 and i hv graduated to a bot_difficulty 1 as of now im pretty much patient in playing and dont get my @$$ kicked too often and try to stay longer in the game...
Also my head shots hv been imporoved a lot :twisted: and now i mainly use jus my Shotgun to win rounds (well i mean almost.. lol..) Wat abt u guys ?? how has been ur game goin ?

Also, my system wont be able to run CSS coz of a P-4 2Ghz system and 256 MB DDR RAM with a nVIDIA geForce FX 5200 256 MB AGP card. :(:( Hey Vivek, wat sur system specs (as u hv CSS)..please specify...

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey Vivek, Im getting CS1.6 a.k.a. Counter Strike-Anthology 1 Original CD pack for Rs.499/- and CSS a.k.a. Counter Strike Source for Rs.999/- (but its system specs are not matching mine) :( so i will stick to CS1.6 as the CSS requires a high RAM and processy speed wich i dnt hv as of now... :(

Do u guys hv CS1.6 ??? please reply....

Cheers n e-peace....

medigit

In the zone
there is a another problem with HL2 ,WHenever i try to load a game from the saved games i get an error and i come out of game.
the error is shown here..PLZ HELP ...
*rapidshare.de/files/15184138/Doc1.doc.html

Intel 865GBF original
P4 -2.4 Ghz
256+512 Mb Ram DDR
FX 5200 128 Mb
E-safe 400W SMPS

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ medigit

Bro, u hv given the link to that foto sharing site and not to the screenshot, please giv link again. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

hey y'all

a huge prob in CS S. for some reason , i cant see the thumbnails of the guns when we scroll to change the weapons, when u get killed the gun image does'nt come, only some weird characters, the clock is shown as "j"......i also , when u boot the game, the console says that it is unable 2 load some font files....could THIS be the problem, plz help guys.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@karan

Is it a pirated or Original version bro ?? Also wat are ur system specs and hv u installed any Mods for the game ??
:idea: Hv u verified ur game cache ?? if not then do it here:*members.optusnet.com.au/fsjk85/Validate/ or u can simply go to steam, my games, css, properties, verify... :)
please post ur results...

Cheers n e-peace.....

medigit

In the zone
@ashu888ashu888,
the link i have given is that of a MS word file where i have pasted the screenshot of the error that i get.Plz download it from rapidshare and siee the error. thankz in advance...

i am havin problems with steam.
i have entered the CS-CZ key successfully and also installed the game but Steam is always downloading the game files.Does it not know that i have installed the game already.
Or do i have to move the game folders somewhere else.
Please help.i want to play CS online.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ rahul_becks23
Where hv u installed the game in ur PC?? please giv the address of it. Go to Steam, and there must be a Verified ur game cache ?? If not then do it here plz:*members.optusnet.com.au/fsjk85/Validate/. There must be a link given in ur manual for setting up a server to play CS-CZ online also link to STEAM to validate ur game please refer tat too and postresults. :)

@ medigit
Bro, giv the screenshot thumbnail or a link (not for d/loading the word.doc). I hops u knw how to take a screenshot of a screen... If not then jus single left click on a particular screen (of wich u want to take the screen shot) and press ALT+Print screen and then open MS Paint and paste (ctrl+v) it and then upload the pic to rapidshare :)

Cheers n e-peace......

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ medigit

I hv seen the error, Did reinstalling the game and its patches help u out ?? If u havent tried it yet, then i would recommend u to update the game files thru STEAM and post ur results. There seems that the game is not able to execute the gamefiles due to an older version and/or corrupted files.

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ Sorry ashu, I was *too* busy playing de_dust online for hours everyday.... :p so didn't bothered to check what's going on.... :roll:. Anyways, did you get the copy of Source, trust me, ITS PURE FUN!! :twisted: :D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Welcome back Vivek :p :p

Well there is aproblem, wich is: CS:SOURCE wont run on my system smoothly as my system doesnt support the required specs yar:( Shud i still gamble on buying that game?? :?

I checked out the prices and found tat CS 1.6 (a.k.a CS Anthology 1) is priced at Rs.499/- and CSS is at Rs.999/-

Wat are ur system specs bro !! wen u play CSS ?? I get a fps(frame rate) of 60 while playing CS 1.6 and since CSS is more graphics oriented i dnt think tat iw ill be able to play it, But anyhow tell me ur system specs and then if tat matchs mine, then i will buy CSS so awating ur reply... :)

BTW, sum other guys hv questions (related to Online gameplay of CS titles) wich are present in this thread, So if u knw it and if ur not too busy then plz reply to them. As i hv not played CS titles online so i cant help them much but hv tried my best :)

Cheers n e-peace....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Alright, I am here to help you guys... :D

ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey Vivek, Im getting CS1.6 a.k.a. Counter Strike-Anthology 1 Original CD pack for Rs.499/- and CSS a.k.a. Counter Strike Source for Rs.999/- (but its system specs are not matching mine) :( so i will stick to CS1.6 as the CSS requires a high RAM and processy speed wich i dnt hv as of now... :(

Do u guys hv CS1.6 ??? please reply....

Cheers n e-peace....

Ok, you should change to 512 RAM from 256, so that you will play the game smoothly, TRUST ME! :D My configuration is, infact I have a laptop, P4 2.8, 1.25 GB RAM, 128 MB ATi 9000 video. I get like 55-60 FPS in 1280X800X32 resolution with shadows and other things like 4XAA and 2XAS filtering. 8) :D

rahul_becks23 said:
i am havin problems with steam.
i have entered the CS-CZ key successfully and also installed the game but Steam is always downloading the game files.Does it not know that i have installed the game already.
Or do i have to move the game folders somewhere else.
Please help.i want to play CS online.

Ok, let Steam do whatever it is doing, i.e. it will update your game files to date and install the latest upgrades like patches and other things itself. So, it is ok if it takes some time if it displays that steam is downloading new files and installing it. Don't worry and let me know then what is happening. :)

@ashu, again, your graphics card is good to play Source, but you should increase your RAM to 512 MB, so try to add 256 MB more to your current config, if possible. That way, you won't have to gamble to buy CS: Source.
Peace guys.... :D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Vivek,

So looks like i will hv to shell out a heavy sum for tat (including the RAM as well as CSS version)...lol.... :oops:

NEways will try to get additional RAM and tell u here itself as and wen i get it, but one more thing Vivek, is the CS-Source gameplay smooth enough !! With a 512 MB RAM and a 2 Ghz processy ??

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Sure, CSS version IS and WILL RUN smooth with 512 RAM and 2GHz processor. Sure, let me know when you will purchase (or gamble?) the money for that, LOL. :twisted: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom