The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
I guess we will hv to make use of STEAM (in CS 1.6 and CS-CZ) for us to play online Rite??? :? Please share all ur procedures Vivek and Wiz with me as to how to connect it and if im doin the correct procedure.. :? :?

AFAIK, i hv installed STEAM and now from the In-Game menu (from options or Find a server option), i will hv to join a server (made by any of u gjys here..) Rite ?? :? :?

Vivek, im from Mumbai. Where are u from ?? and wat abt Wiz ? who else wanna join ?? i guess there are 3 of us (almost) agreeed to play via net:
1.) Vivek
2.) Readermaniax and,
3.) Me, ofcourse..... :wink:

:!: Please post procedures of How to use Steam (to connect to one server for all of us to play together).

Cheers n e-peace........

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu, I will be glad to start a server and play with you guyz. :D You got an original copy ? If so, simply make a server and pm me when online to play with us. If not, then you cannot play online. :(

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
HEy sorry for the delay, i am also ready to play on net with u people, it will be GREAT fun... if any1 is ready to be the server......but anything before 20thmarch...what say max 25th...so reply fast with details....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
@ashu, I will be glad to start a server and play with you guyz. You got an original copy ? If so, simply make a server and pm me when online to play with us. If not, then you cannot play online.
Oh no :(:( i hv a pirated copy of CS1.6 and CS-CZ.

BTW, how much does a original copy of CS1.6 cost in Indian Rupees?? and from where to buy it (even thou i dnt hv any immediate plans to buy a Original game:(:( )

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu, it should be around Rs. 1000/- or so, not sure. Please try to arrange for the orginal copy. Thanks.

@wiz, AFAIK, you cannot play online even if you have anyone's original copy. As someone might have already inserted the cd key in Steam, which is required to connect to the servers AND IS ONLY OPTION :(, Steam will reject the cd key and state that it is already used. So, you MUST purchase the original copy if you wanna play online! :oops: :(

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup Vivek, i will check that out but as of now i dnt hv enough PC (pocket money... :oops: ) To buy myself an Original CS game but will surely try to buy it within a week's time.. :):)

BTW, y dnt u (vivek) and wiz try to start off an Online gameplay and post ur results..?? that would be gr8 sharing ur experiences with all of us here (readermaniax, me and all other guys too..) :)

Also, Vivek if i go for an original CD for CS, wat exactly i will buy ?? I mean wats the exact name of the ORIGINAL CS game?? is it Counter Strike 1.6 or wat?? please enlighten me on this.... :? as to wat exactly game (of CS) to ask for from the shopkeeper......

And did u change ur Offline game mode to OpenGL (coz u were experiencing slow frame rate?? Right! ) How is the problem now while playing CS ?? I v changed my game mode from D3D to OpenGL and the gameplay is now buttery smooth..... :wink: With a reso of 1024x768 with 32 Bit High color and Normal game speed... : :p

Cheers n e-peace....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu,
I am glad that you will be purchasing the original game. :D By the way, I got no reply back from wiz, so waiting for him too. DAMMIT, I FORGOT TO TRY THE OFFLINE MODE IN OPENGL... :oops: Will surely try today... :? By the way, when you go to the shopkeeper to purchase CS, tell him that you want Counter Strike: Source, which is the latest game (or version?) of Counter Strike. The graphics are gorgeous like Half Life 2 as its based on the same new engine. Good luck and waiting for your reply... :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yup Vivek :) Counter Strike has 2 versions wich are as follows:
:arrow: Counter Strike-Source (based on the Source engine).
:arrow: Counter Strike 1.6 (based on the Half Life 2 engine).

Both of them hv same maps,same gameplay but ppl say ( who are closely related to game developers) tat 1.6 is smoother and much more responsive in terms of its highly skilled Bot nature and AI and a much more smoother gameplay as compared to the Source version of CS.

I will surely ask for a CS 1.6 (based on the HL2 engine). :) BTW, wich CS do u own ?? Source or 1.6 ??

Also, do try to change the mode from D3D to OpenGL coz in my system the OpenGL works really smooth and awesome..... :twisted:

Cheers n e-peace......

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Hey i am very busy with my engg studies.....any ways when is vivek is free??
We can try it out when we both r free....
Can we also try to start a server at viveks PC and then invite forum members who r interested in it???

vmp_vivek

In the zone
wizrulz said:
Hey i am very busy with my engg studies.....any ways when is vivek is free??
We can try it out when we both r free....
Can we also try to start a server at viveks PC and then invite forum members who r interested in it???

Hey, you got the original copy? Then just pm me when you got the time. Surely I would say that we can invite anyone who wants to join us from the forums, that will be great fun if we get a large number of people. :D
WHAT DO YOU SAY PEOPLE IN THE FORUM? :? :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Wiz @Vivek Agreed to both of u, its a nice move (atleast giving credits to me also for starting this idea.... :wink: )

BTW, Wiz and Vivek, tell me wat CS versions do u onw yaar?? IS it the CS 1.6 or CS-Source??

:idea: Both are 2 different version, as the 1.6 is based on the Half Life 2 engine and the Source is based on the Source engine.. :)

Then only i can decide on wat version of CS to buy (1.6 or Source) so tat i can join both of u via net for an online gameplay.... :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu, sorry to mention that I have CS:Source, so if you guyz wanna play with me then you should have Source only, NOT 1.6 or CZ! :( Please try to arrange for the copy ASAP. Thanks and waiting for you guyz..... :D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ Vivek Surely I will try my best to get a copy of CSS (CS Source). :)

BTW, wat map u playing Vivek ?? yestday i was playing de_dust on a bot_difficulty of 1 and as a T (terrorist), believe me bro, i was really playing bad:( at starting the scores were 5 all then after sum time i was behind by 17 Rounds (the score was T=15 and CT=32) :shock: Its a bit tough to beat the CTs as its a CT based map...ANd also i dnt hv much patience and jus go on Kickin everyone's (CTs) Butt$ and my @$$ gets hammered... :oops: on a bot_diff of 1.

Wat u play as? CT or T and in wat difficulty level?? (0, 1 2 or 3) ?? and wich map u mainly play?

I play as a T in most of the maps (aztec and dust) and at a diff level of jus 1... :oops:

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ readermaniax

Hey i dnt believe it yar... :shock: CS-CZ is a brand new game and its jus for Rs. 599/- ??? so that means CS1.6/CSS wich is a fairly old game, will cost much lesser??? :shock:
U sure?? bro???? I guess u must hv looked on ebay.in where ppl sell copied stuff and not original.....

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@siriusb

So wich one is the Counter Strike 1.6 version (wich is based on the HL2 engine) in that?? I wana buy that version then Is it just named Counter Strike or Counter Strike 1 Anthology :?

Cheers n e-peace....

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
vmp_vivek said:
@ashu, sorry to mention that I have CS:Source, so if you guyz wanna play with me then you should have Source only, NOT 1.6 or CZ! :( Please try to arrange for the copy ASAP. Thanks and waiting for you guyz..... :D

Sorry vivek i have 1.6 so have to wiat till i get CS :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom