The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ We solved yours and started mine. :roll: Currently when playing CS:S, I get too crappy frames even at 800X600. My sys is P4 2.8, 1 GB RAM and 128 MB Ati 9000 with latest drivers. When seeing anyone, like following the characters, the game doesn't lag, but when playing it, it stutters a lot. :evil: Please help. :(

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Hi friends,

Is there any specific cheat codes for Custom Maps in CS:CZ. Because i tried the cheat code provided by u people till now, but these are not working for custom maps.

Thanks in Advance. :D

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys, hi again, sorry for being late as i was busy in my Engg. prelims...Now i guess we are doin a gr8 job of running this thread to a grand success.. :p
cvvikram wrote:
Hi friends,

Is there any specific cheat codes for Custom Maps in CS:CZ. Because i tried the cheat code provided by u people till now, but these are not working for custom maps.

Thanks in Advance.
I hv not used the cheats till now bor :( so i cant comment on that. I think u hv to install a specific patch related to the CZ version of ur game and Might be then the cheats will work... BTW wat are u playing in CS-CZ bro?? I cleared the 1st stage..Recoil with abit of help and push from my friend..U2 :):)

vmp_vivek wrote:
^^ We solved yours and started mine. Currently when playing CS:S, I get too crappy frames even at 800X600. My sys is P4 2.8, 1 GB RAM and 128 MB Ati 9000 with latest drivers. When seeing anyone, like following the characters, the game doesn't lag, but when playing it, it stutters a lot. Please help.
Yup same prob here too bro :( no reply till now.. u hv any idea abt tat?? Any guys here got a trick to it? ?like any Console(~) menu command?? :?

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu,
Ok, I can run the game *PERFECTLY* at 1280X800 with everything maxed out, BUT ONLY WHEN PLAYING ONLINE. :roll: :evil: THEREAFTER, WHEN I START THE OFFLINE SERVER FOR OFFLINE PLAY, IT STUTTERS. :x I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS. :(

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
I cleared the 1st stage..Recoil with abit of help and push from my friend..U2

yaar please use readermaniax instead of U2

^^ We solved yours and started mine. Currently when playing CS:S, I get too crappy frames even at 800X600. My sys is P4 2.8, 1 GB RAM and 128 MB Ati 9000 with latest drivers. When seeing anyone, like following the characters, the game doesn't lag, but when playing it, it stutters a lot. Please help.

Well i guess it happens in ceratin maps only or on all the maps//

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
I cleared the 1st stage..Recoil with abit of help and push from my friend..U2

yaar please use readermaniax instead of U2

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
vmp_vivek said:
^^ We solved yours and started mine. :roll: Currently when playing CS:S, I get too crappy frames even at 800X600. My sys is P4 2.8, 1 GB RAM and 128 MB Ati 9000 with latest drivers. When seeing anyone, like following the characters, the game doesn't lag, but when playing it, it stutters a lot. :evil: Please help. :(

I have removed CS:source for HDD space.
I'll get the CS:Source CD from friend and try. plz forgive me for delay.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
@ashu,
Ok, I can run the game *PERFECTLY* at 1280X800 with everything maxed out, BUT ONLY WHEN PLAYING ONLINE. THEREAFTER, WHEN I START THE OFFLINE SERVER FOR OFFLINE PLAY, IT STUTTERS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.
So u mean after ur Online play (wen u start ur Offline mode) to play CS u face this problem rite? Jus install the patches for the version (only if ur having a Legal version of the game) and post ur results..as it is unclear as to wat the problem maybe.
Quote:

I guess it happend only for sum maps coz from my experience, i also get a jaggy frame rate while playing the map de_aztec i face a similar problem coz of the rain fall...

Guys please post any jaggy framerates in certain maps (if at all ur facing like this) as this maybe a small glitch in certain CS maps....

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu,
Yeah I get that when I start the offline mode even after directly starting the game, i.e. not playing online also. My game copy is original, so I will try to install the latest patches. I am not sure that only *some* maps causes jaggy frame rates. :? :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
HEy what you can do is shutsdown all the unwanted background softwares and then try ....may be itll help
Well i guess tat Vivek must be disabling all the unnecessary background tasks like: Antivirus, Firewall, wallpaper, screensaver etc. b4 playing that game..But ya Vivek if u hv not done these then ur sure to get slow in-game frame rates, so jus do tat incase u hv not done it. :):) and post the results if any problem arises...

:!: NOTE: Always switch OFF/Disable programs like Antivirus scans,Auto protect, Firewall, wallpaper etc. from the task bar while u plan to play any game. This will improve in-game frame rates and will not cause any bottlenecks while playing any game.

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Ok,
After disabling everything, I can *still* run smoothly online at 1280X800 due to my 1.25 GB RAM!. But the offline stutters as usual. Any suggestions? :| :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
Ok,
After disabling everything, I can *still* run smoothly online at 1280X800 due to my 1.25 GB RAM!. But the offline stutters as usual. Any suggestions?
Now today wat i did accidently was to change the game from D3d(direct 3D) to OpenGL and walla!! Im able to play the game smoothly.SO i would recommend u to try out the same thing. :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
CAN any1 tell me how can i play online.....means if i plan to be the server how can my friends join me over the net....if this is discussed please do give me the link.......

vmp_vivek

In the zone
@ashu, I will try it today, thanks a lot. :D

@wiz, you can create a server of your name, add a password so that no other people other than your friends can enter in your server, tell your friends the name of your server and start to play! 8) At max, you can have 32 players in one single game. :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
wizrulz wrote:
CAN any1 tell me how can i play online.....means if i plan to be the server how can my friends join me over the net....if this is discussed please do give me the link.......
vmp_vivek wrote:
@wiz, you can create a server of your name, add a password so that no other people other than your friends can enter in your server, tell your friends the name of your server and start to play! At max, you can have 32 players in one single game.
Hey Wiz, Why dont u create a server and we all here (including me and all those who are interested) can play a map !!! :) Vivek jus tell ur thoughts on this..We can decide a particular time as to wen we all can play CS... :p

Cheers n e-peace......

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
YAr what about ppl like me .... 56k dial up connection
Well as of now, nothing is sure if Wiz and Vivek are sure to play with me thru net or no bro.. so dnt lose heart.. :)

Neways..im very much happier after changing the game mode of CS1.6 from D3D to OpenGL as im having a smoothest gameplay (offline) at a reso of 1024x768 with 32 Bit color... :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

vmp_vivek

In the zone
ashu888ashu888 said:
Vivek jus tell ur thoughts on this..We can decide a particular time as to wen we all can play CS... :p
Cheers n e-peace......

Ok, I AGREE TO START A SERVER AND PLAY WITH YOU GUYS! :D THAT WILL BE AWESOME FUN! :p

@Wiz, please reply to this ASAP.

@Readermaniax, you can *experiment* on this to try it on your 56K dialup. Don't worry, it won't lag much. :? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom