The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
KoRn wrote:
heres another trick whenever ur a terrorist and u plant a bomb,make it harder for the CTs to find it by firing the barrels close to the bomb till they cover the bomb dis way they take time in removing the barrels and the bomb blows the cr@p outta dem.
I use the knife or my small gun for best results.
U can use this trick in the de_dust2 map.
Can u please explain wat u mean by Firing the Barrels ?? :?
I fu can post a screen shot or explain in a bit more detail it will be much helpful... :)

cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Important list of Sites for CS1.6, CSS, CS-CZ, HL2
=======================================
www.fpsbanana.com

www.bots-united.com

www.podbotmm.bots-united.com

www.cstrike-planet.com

www.counter-strike.com

www.counter-strike.net

www.brutesmaps.com

*czero.kaetemi.be/maps.htm

*gaming.broadbandreports.com/modules.php?name=BBGFiles&game=Counter-Strike&area=map_czero_cs

*files.3dv.co.il/server/maps/

*70.85.201.66/~mindqfr/my_cstrike/maps/

www.cs-maps.org
===============================================

I hope these sites prove useful for all the people/players visiting this thread. Please post ur comments too :):)

:idea: Further additions will be added later as well.

Cheers n e-peace.......

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ax3 wrote:
is cs available for singe player ???

just as q3 & q4 ...
CS can be played on Internet (dedicated game servers) or on LAN or offline (on ur own PC), so its definately playable offline. But its a TEAM game so u will hv to play against Computer Controlled AI (known as bots) wich behave as if u were playing with several players (team mates as well as opponents) on a LAN.

It cant be played as a Single Player like Quake 3 or Quake 4. But CS-CZ (Counter Strike-Condition Zero) (deleted Scene version) can be played like a single player campaign, in wich u hv to successfully complete the mission in order to move on to the next mission. :)

Note:CS-CZ Deleted scene version is different from CS-CZ (wich is a full version game wich also includes a TEAM game)

Cheers n e-peace......

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
HEY IS THERE A WAY I CAN SKIP LEVELS IN COUNTER STRIKE DELETED SCENE
AFAIK, U hv to complete ur objectives to move on to the next lever bro :)

BTW, Guys tell me how can i knw wether i hv CS-CZ or CS-CZ DELETED SCENE version of the game ????
I am always directed to play the game named RECOIL wen ever i start CS-CZ (new game) plz help.... :? :?

Hey maniax bro, Hv u played this level of the CS-CZ game ?? I guess this is the 1st level ?? :? :? Please reply as i hv no experience in this CS-CZ game.

ashnik wrote:
does ne one have de_saki map?
i trying to find it since past 2 yrs.
Is it for CS-CZ or CSS or CS1.6 that ur searching for bro ??? :? see this www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/maps?cid=1 wich contains all the maps for DEFUSE BOMB (de_) Maps.
Also, see my previous post In wich i hv listed the various Counter Strike sites. Hope u get it :)

Cheers n e-peace....

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey maniax bro, Hv u played this level of the CS-CZ game ?? I guess this is the 1st level ?? Please reply as i hv no experience in this CS-CZ game.
HEy ashu after youv instaledl the CSCZ in your computer .....go to start then to valve then to CZ and then select conditionzero deleted scenes...this will start a game in which you have to complete the objectives.....ya recoil is the ist level....ya i have playe this level of the game

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
HEy ashu after youv instaledl the CSCZ in your computer .....go to start then to valve then to CZ and then select conditionzero deleted scenes...this will start a game in which you have to complete the objectives.....ya recoil is the ist level....ya i have playe this level of the game
Im posting the screenshot of the main menu tat i get while i pause the game or while starting the new game, please tell me wat to do and wat game to choose. :)

BTW, in RECOIL (wich is the 1st level) i get stuck after reaching that damaged tank and dnt knw wat to do (after all the terrorists hv been killed by me) so please tell me where to go wat to do.... :? :?

Cheers n e-peace....

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
In Recoil After the cinematic, you’ll be by the crash site. Go forward and kill
all the enemies there. To the right of the burning car is a health pack, so
get that if you need health. Then go to the left of the burning car to where
you see those two little barrels. Go around the corner and by the crates is
another health pack. Go forward and the door will open. Go through the door
that opened. Proceed and go to the left and open the double doors. Get the
ammo.

At that point, head out of that room and you see these two crates, one
that’s bigger than the other. Take out your knife (to save ammo) and
hack away at BOTH the crates to make way for a little hole you can crawl
into. There’s some ammo, body armor, and some health here. Also make
sure you get the RC bombs. Go forward and there will be an explosion.
There’s another health pack here. Go back and go forward towards the rubble.
Head up that piece of wood that goes to the hole in the roof. There’s some
more health here. Use the RC bomb (on the flashing red dot). Go back a
safe distance (preferably the other side of the room) and let the bomb explode
which opens up a hole. Let the smoke clear and go through.

Drop down and get the ammo and proceed. Go to the room in the right for
some ammo and health. Go through the archway and keep going until
you reach the corner and there will be some more explosions. Retreat and
let the smoke clear.

Keep going towards that tank and look to your right and kill the guy using
the machine gun. Go to the machine gun and go to your right, as someone
opens the door, so kill him. Go through the door and get all the ammo and
grenades. Proceed forward and go up the stairs and go through the door.

Go across that little bridge ahead of you and to that door. Do NOT kill that
guy there as he is your friend and if you kill him you will fail the mission.
Get the ammo and health and he will tell you that hostiles are coming quickly
and you guys are the only ones in the area. Wait for him to open the door
and he will start running so follow him. Go to your right through the
hallway. There’s some health here. Keep going forward and out the double
doors. Go in the open use the crates in the top right corner to
go up to the upper level. Go to the right and go down those stairs and use
your knife to destroy those crates to let the double door open. You’ll need
this later. Stay on that floor and keep going forward until a door opens.
Go inside and go to hallway to the left and proceed forward. There’s some
health here and ammo.

You’ll get a new objective to eliminate all hostiles. Go forward and an
explosion will kill some of them. Go get the health and ammo by the soldier
and you’ll be given a new objective. Backtrack to where you came from
and go up the stairs and go to the left. Keep going back until you get to that
place where you climbed those crates. Keep backtracking and a truck
will come from the side and crash and enemies will appear. There's a guy with
a machine gun on the truck so beware. Go to the room by the truck and get the
ammo and rescue the Delta Sniper.

Now go back to where you got the new objective. Bring the Delta Sniper to the
helicopter and you'll win.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
Keep going towards that tank and look to your right and kill the guy using
the machine gun. Go to the machine gun and go to your right, as someone
opens the door, so kill him. Go through the door and get all the ammo and
grenades. Proceed forward and go up the stairs and go through the door.
Yup bro thanx a ton for ur detailed explaination :):) , this was the 1st time tat i did sumthing sensible, else previously i always used to plant a grenade near that door and get my @$$ burnt with coal..lol....Yup i got hold of that Dumb Delta Sniper.... :p

BTW are u still playing CS 1.6 ?? Wich map ? any other tips or waypoint tat u founded out ?? I posted a trick in my earlier post abt the map de_aztec about How to kill the CTs wen all of ur parterners hv been shot down and u are alone against 3 or 4 CTs and hv to plant the bomb and win the round. :)

Hopin to get sum more interesting tips from ur side too, BTW do u play in any Clan or jus alone ? Im alone too, not joined a Clan. :) giv me ur ideas abt this :)

Cheers n e-peace......

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
~~~~BTW are u still playing CS 1.6 ?? Wich map ? any other tips or waypoint tat u founded out ?? I posted a trick in my earlier post abt the map de_aztec about How to kill the CTs wen all of ur parterners hv been shot down and u are alone against 3 or 4 CTs and hv to plant the bomb and win the round.~~~~

hey i have neve even seen CS1.6

~~~~ BTW do u play in any Clan or jus alone ? Im alone too, not joined a Clan. giv me ur ideas abt this ~~~

What clan///...i just play single player...no internet

Gunner

Broken In
Codes !

Does anyone know cheatcodes that might actually work in Counter Strike : Condition Zero ?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Please use this for all ur CS related querries. www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36892 Please continue all ur discussions in the thread mentioned above as already a healthy discussion is continued there.

BTW, ur answer is here: *cheats.ugo.com/platforms/pc/cheatcodes/Counter_Strike:_Condition_Zero.html

Spend sumtime lookin for appropriate thread related to ur topic. Reporting to mods to lock this thread.

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
karan.painkiller wrote:
hey guys

plz help me. i have original CS souce + half life 2. they r both up-2date. i downloaded some custom cs s maps from fpsbanana.com ......how 2 install them?????????

thanx a lot
My reply to this (quoting from the thread tat i replied earlier) is this:

Now since u hv downloaded the CS MAP,extract the map (using any ZIP utility) in ur cstrike folder>maps and the map wich u hv extracted wll hv a .bsp extension.

Now after doin this,locate a text file named as mapcycle.txt write the name of the map u hv jus extracted eg: de_aztec (without the .bsp extension) and only the map name. Save the text file and wen u start the CS game, u will see ur newly map in the map options.

cheers n e-peace.....

readermaniax

Ambassador of Buzz
thanks for that ....ashu888ashu8888...but still i have a problem when i try to play the map i have instaled it gives a error!...what to do/

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
thanks for that ....ashu888ashu8888...but still i have a problem when i try to play the map i have instaled it gives a error!...what to do/
Wat is the error ?? please post it.

BTW, how many Login Ids are u using on this forum bro ???? are u U2, Readermaniax as well as karan.painkiller ??? :shock: :shock: If yes, then i dnt knw if its illegal or not accoding to Mods...Neways Post ur error bro, i will help u out :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
ashu888ashu888 said:
readermaniax wrote:
ashnik wrote:
does ne one have de_saki map?
i trying to find it since past 2 yrs.
Is it for CS-CZ or CSS or CS1.6 that ur searching for bro ??? :? see this www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/maps?cid=1 wich contains all the maps for DEFUSE BOMB (de_) Maps.
Also, see my previous post In wich i hv listed the various Counter Strike sites. Hope u get it :)

Cheers n e-peace....

Its a cs 1.6 map. it has three trucks and terrorists have to plant the bomb inside neone of them. i can't find in cstrike-planet.com
check the overview
*d.turboupload.com/d/374659/de_saki.JPG.html
it was the most fav map of my group...

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
PC restarts when cs:cz is started, hijackthis log included

I have AMD Athlon Xp 1800+
MSI KT4 mobo
512 MB ram
5200/128 AGP 8x
160 + 20 GB
Sony Cd writer, Sony dvd reader

Win XP SP2 + autopatcher sept'05 + all latest drivers

from past few days, when ever i try to start CS:CZ, i see a blue error screen for a moment and the pc restarts..i can not read the error ...

this is my hijackthis log

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:25:42 AM, on 21/02/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 6\IoloSGCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\Program Files\HHVcdV7Sys\VC7SecS.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mqtgsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\HHVcdV7Sys\VC7Play.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe
C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wisptis.exe
E:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD.EXE
D:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Ashish\LOCALS~1\Temp\_tc\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: IE 4.x-6.x BHO for Internet Download Accelerator - {2A646672-9C3A-4C28-9A7A-1FB0F63F28B6} - C:\PROGRA~1\IDA\idaiehlp.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {E398DE17-2825-267B-543F-1F0A5050767B} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: IDA Bar - {C70E30C7-140A-4166-A2E8-43557E62B41A} - C:\Program Files\IDA\idabar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VC7Player] C:\Program Files\HHVcdV7Sys\VC7Play.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools] "C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MsmqIntCert] regsvr32 /s mqrt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemGuardAlerter] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 6\SystemGuardAlerter.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Picasa Media Detector] F:\Program Files\google_photo\Picasa2\PicasaMediaDetector.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Internet Download Accelerator] C:\Program Files\IDA\ida.exe -autorun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CursorXP] d:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SMSystemAnalyzer] "C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 6\SMSystemAnalyzer.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: &WordWeb... - res://C:\WINDOWS\system32\wweb32.dll/lookup.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Flash - res://C:\Program Files\UnH Solutions\Flash Saving Plugin\FlashSButton.dll/210
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {12345678-1234-1234-1234-1234567890AB} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Internet Download Accelerator - {9819CC0E-9669-4D01-9CD7-2C66DA43AC6C} - C:\Program Files\IDA\ida.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Internet Download Accelerator - {9819CC0E-9669-4D01-9CD7-2C66DA43AC6C} - C:\Program Files\IDA\ida.exe
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\MESSEN~1\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\YAHOO!\MESSEN~1\YPAGER.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: Flash - {43CF38F3-5AEC-45a3-AD31-04EB06E9C6CA} - C:\Program Files\UnH Solutions\Flash Saving Plugin\FlashSButton.dll (HKCU)
O15 - Trusted Zone: *.softpedia.com
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - *update.microsoft.com/windowsupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/wuweb_site.cab?1133456662140
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{6628F0C7-C0AC-4E34-9537-09D71B4CB217}: NameServer = 172.16.1.1
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{E424B988-61ED-409C-805C-35C20578D1BA}: NameServer = 172.16.1.1
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{F0D4AD49-5048-4723-A4C3-4A008ACBF634}: NameServer = 172.16.1.1
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WB - D:\PROGRA~1\STARDOCK\OBJECT~2\WINDOW~1\fastload.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iolo System Guard (IOLO_SRV) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic 6\IoloSGCtrl.exe
O23 - Service: Macromedia Licensing Service - Macromedia - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macromedia Shared\Service\Macromedia Licensing.exe
O23 - Service: LAN Administration System Service (NetAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\NetAdmSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: StarWind iSCSI Service (StarWindService) - Rocket Division Software - C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
O23 - Service: Virtual CD v7 Management Service (VC7SecS) - H+H Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\HHVcdV7Sys\VC7SecS.exe

*d.turboupload.com/d/374679/hijackthis.log.html

Plz help guys..

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ashnik wrote:
Its a cs 1.6 map. it has three trucks and terrorists have to plant the bomb inside neone of them. i can't find in cstrike-planet.com
check the overview
*d.turboupload.com/d/374659/de_saki.JPG.html
it was the most fav map of my group...
I guess the map must hav been removed from the de_ map list... :? Though im not sure abt it.... Yup saw the link that u gave..Neways any other map that ur playing as of now ?? please mention .. It wiould be gr8 to share ur experiences too.... :)

cheers n e-peace.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom