The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
vmp_vivek wrote:
No, it requires Steam to be connected, i.e. in the Main Menu, it only shows to connect with your friends. This CS:Source, which I had installed with Half Life 2 a couple of days ago. Please help.
Go into steam, and it will say "Cannot connect to steam network." Ok, no problem, just click "Start in offline mode"

Hope this will solve ur problem.Post ur msgs tat u get wen u try to do wat i hv said. :)

Cheers n e-peace....

KoRn

In the zone
hey r css maps really lessthan 1 mb cuz i downloaded 1 in 30 secs???!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

KoRn

In the zone
this thread rocks now i can see sum css lovas showing up yahooo!!!!!!!!
BTW:ashu i have another pc wit intel 845 moboa and i want to play css without hl2 engine so can i do dat cuz then i would be able to playy css in 845 mobo with 256 mb ram...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
KoRn wrote:
hey r css maps really lessthan 1 mb cuz i downloaded 1 in 30 secs???!!!!!!!!!!!! :O
Well yes the map size of (CS 1.6,CSS and CS-CZ) range from 34 KB to 50 MB it depends on the complexity of map and its length too including the environment (whether its texture rich or heavy), more importance is given to gameplay or the texture and environment quality. :)

NOTE: Two different versions of CS are available. CS 1.6 and CS:S or CS:source. the First runs on the original HL (Half Life) engine the 2nd on the source engine hence the 2 different names.( a general info for ppl who dnt knw) :)

KoRn wrote:
this thread rocks now i can see sum css lovas showing up yahooo!!!!!!!!
BTW:ashu i have another pc wit intel 845 moboa and i want to play css without hl2 engine so can i do dat cuz then i would be able to playy css in 845 mobo with 256 mb ram...
Well first of all bro, the CSS (that ur talkin about) is based on the SOURCE engine. While the CS 1.6 runs on the HL Half Life) engine. I would recommend u to play CS 1.6 (wich is based on the HL engine) Coz:
:arrow: Gameplay is smoother than CSS (wich is based on the SOURCE engine).
:arrow: THe Bots are much more responsive do not act silly) and are much more alert (like predecting where the next attack will happen) Simply saying the AI (Artificial Intelligence) of BOTS is awesome..
:arrow: CS 1.6 runs much smoother than CSS (coz the SOURCE Engine is low in performance as compared to the HL engine).
:arrow: Since u hv an 845 mobo,then running CS 1.6 (based on HL engine) will be a better idea as in any condition,it will beat the CSS (based on the source engine) Hands Down... :twisted:

And lastly, THANX for appeciating my work for creating this forum,im glad tat u like this thread :)

:!: Keep ur querries coming guys.......and Happy CS(ing)... :wink:

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Meaning of prefixes like: cs, de, as, he, fy, ka,kz, dm, aim, awp, pa, surf
==============================================
This is a GENERAL INFORMATION about the prefixes that gamers see in their maps (eg: de_aztec or cs_havana)

So, I will explain what these prefixes mean in all the maps:

:arrow: cs: The map is a HOSTAGE RESCUE MAP.
:arrow: de: The map is a BOMB DEFUSE MAP.
:arrow: as: The map is an ASSASINATION MAP.
:arrow: he: The map is a GRENADE MAP.
:arrow: fy: The map is a TEAM DEATH MATCH MAP.
:arrow:ka: The map is a KNIFE ARENA MAP.
:arrow:kz: The map is a JUMPING MAP (named after Kreedz).
:arrow:dm: The map is a DEATH MATCH MAP.
:arrow: aim:The map is a AIM MAP.
:arrow: awp:The map is a SNIPER RIFLE MAP.
:arrow: pa: The map is a PREPARED ASSAULT MAP.
:arrow: surf:The map is a SURFING (Roaming) MAP.

DETAILED EXPLAINATION OF ALL THE MAP PREFIXES

:arrow: cs: The map is a HOSTAGE RESCUE MAP.
Hostage Rescue (cs_) maps are the original map type, based on a hostage rescue situation. Four Hostages (computer-controlled) are located near the terrorist spawn; the counter-terrorists must lead them to a rescue zone, which are usually near the counter-terrorist spawn. If the counter-terrorists rescue all the hostages within the time limit, they win the round. If a player on either side kills a hostage, they lose money and might also be kicked off the server. Killing the entire enemy team also ends the round. If the time limit is reached and the hostages have not been rescued, the terrorists win (even if all hostages have been killed).

:arrow: de: The map is a BOMB DEFUSE MAP.
Bomb defuse (de_) maps are the most popular map type, based on a bomb-planting/defusing scenario. One of the terrorists starts out with a C4 bomb that can only be planted at bomb sites; usually there are two bomb sites on the map, defined by A and B, one of which is sometimes near the counter-terrorist spawn. If the terrorist carrying the bomb is killed, his team members will have to locate it using their radar and can pick it up like a dropped weapon.
Once the bomb has been planted, the counter-terrorists must locate and defuse it in 45 seconds (this is a variable; it can be changed; commonly also set to 35 seconds) before it explodes. On bomb defuse maps, CTs can buy a special defuse kit that decreases the time needed to defuse a bomb by 5 seconds. Killing the enemy team ends the round if the bomb has not been planted; if the bomb has been planted, the terrorists will win if they kill the counter-terrorists, but the counter-terrorists must defuse the bomb even if they kill the terrorists. Previously, the round could end with the bomb planted but not yet exploded, resulting in a victory for the counter-terrorists. However, the round timer now becomes void when the bomb is planted, meaning the bomb can be planted even with 1 second left in the round and the round will continue until the bomb is defused, it explodes, or the counter-terrorist team is eliminated. Bomb defuse maps are by far the most popular, and are in general the only kind of maps used in tournament play.

:arrow: as: The map is an ASSASINATION MAP.
Assassination (as_) maps are based on an assassination scenario. One of the counter-terrorists spawns as a VIP (Very Important Person). The VIP cannot buy equipment, but starts out with a USP pistol and 200 armor (the normal maximum is 100). The VIP must go to a rescue point; this is usually a helicopter or APC. The counter-terrorists win if the VIP makes it to the rescue point or all the terrorists are killed while the VIP is still alive. The terrorists win if the VIP is killed or the time limit is reached and the VIP has not yet made it to the rescue point. Assassination maps are far less popular than hostage rescue and bomb defuse maps. At the time of writing, this game type is not played in CS:Source, however, there is an unofficial modification for CS:Source in development that will allow assasination maps to be played.

:arrow: he: The map is a GRENADE MAP.
As the name suggests, this map uses Grenade to kill your opponents.

:arrow: fy: The map is a TEAM DEATH MATCH MAP.
Fy_maps (officially mean frag yard, but said to stand for fight yard, fun yard or fantasy) are team deathmatch maps where the only objective is to kill the opponents. FY maps are usually very small and simple. They are great for small servers and practicing skills. The spawn points are often not situated in a buy zone; instead the weapons are laying on the ground, usually one of each type and on some rare occasions armor or grenades are also provided. These maps are typically played at LAN Centers, parties, or when players are seeking quick, bloody rounds without much strategy involved.

:arrow:ka: The map is a KNIFE ARENA MAP.
Ka_maps (generally agreed to stand for "Knife Arena" or "Knife All") maps center on use of the knife. Usually these maps will have some kind of variable, whether it be vehicles in the map, hidden caches of guns, or glass floors. No weapons are available to buy, and everyone starts out with a knife. Some Ka maps also offer a slight change, which are free HE grenades.

:arrow:kz: The map is a JUMPING MAP (named after Kreedz).
Kz_maps are jumping maps named after Kreedz, which allow players to improve their jumping skills. The objective is to get to the end in the shortest time possible. These maps have only counter-terrorist spawns, and killing is not an objective.

:arrow:dm: The map is a DEATH MATCH MAP.
As the name suggests, its a DEATHMATCH map.

:arrow: aim:The map is a AIM MAP.
Aim_maps are maps that put the two teams (Terrorist and Counter Terrorist) at each end of a map (usually a large open area with boxes or walls for cover) and start them with certain guns at the spawn area. There is (usually) no buy zone. These maps are intended to help work on your aim at long distances. These maps usually work on a specific gun or type of gun (rifles, pistols etc). They are great for honing your weapon skills.

:arrow: awp:The map is a SNIPER RIFLE MAP.
Awp_ maps focus on using the popular "AWP" (Arctic Warfare Magnum or Arctic Warfare Police) sniper rifle, which, in Counter-Strike, almost always results in one-shot kills (unless shot in lower leg or foot, or through an obstacle).

:arrow: pa: The map is a PREPARED ASSAULT MAP.
PA maps drop the traditional CS element of buying guns, instead providing both teams with a set selection of guns when they spawn. PA maps are typically small and better suited for LANs, and the gun restriction makes playing the game trickier, but also fun when you get to raid the other team's spawn point for different weapons. 'pa_fact' was the first PA map and others have followed.

:arrow: surf:The map is a SURFING (Roaming) MAP.
Surf_maps are, obviously, surfing maps. Surfing maps contain long angled, triangular "rails" called surfs. A player jumps on the surfs and strafes toward the center of it, allowing them to manipulate a glitch in the game and slide down it (aka "Surfing") in order to get to the end of the map. At the end, there are usually teleporters back to spawn, weapon depots, or a reward is given. These maps range from short, simple and easy to long, complex and difficult. These maps may only have Counter Terrorist spawns or both, but killing is usually not the main goal. Surf maps come in three main flavors: course, level-based, or freestyle. Course maps have two spawns and the objective is to reach the end as fast as possible, there is a definite end to the map. Level-based maps have one spawn point and short surf "obstacle courses" which lead to the next obstacles, much like KZ maps. Freestyle surf maps have either one or two spawns and no levels, sometimes the secondary goal is killing.
===============================================

NOTE: More additions/info will be added later.

COMMENTS are welcomed.

Cheers n e-peace.....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
List of Counter-Strike 1.6 maps and their details:

This post deals with the information regarding the various maps found in CS 1.6 (based on Half Life engine):

Type----Name------- Size-------Complexity--Status---Favor
Hostage--- cs_747----- medium---moderate--Official---- Terrorist
Hostage----cs_assault--large------simple-----Official-----Terrorist
Hostage--- cs_backalleymedium--complex---Official-----Terrorist
Hostage--- cs_estate--large------ moderate--Official---- Balanced
Hostage--- cs_havana-large------ complex--- Official-----Balanced
Hostage--- cs_italy---- large------ moderate--Official---- Terrorist
Hostage--- cs_militia-- medium--- simple----- Official-----Terrorist
Hostage----cs_office-- large------ complex--- Official-----Balanced
Hostage--- cs_siege---giant-------complex--- Official-----Balanced
Hostage--- cs_aaa---- medium--- moderate--Unofficial-- Balanced
Hostage----cs_afghan-giant-------moderate--Unofficial-- Balanced
Bomb------ de_airstrip-medium--- simple----- Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_aztec---large------ simple----- Official-----Counter-Terrorist
Bomb------ de_cbble-- large-------simple----- Official-----Counter-Terrorist
Bomb------ de_chateau-medium-- moderate--Official---- Balanced
Bomb------ de_dust----medium--- simple----- Official-----Counter-Terrorist
Bomb-------de_dust2--medium--- simple----- Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_inferno-large------ complex--- Official-----Counter-Terrorist
Bomb------ de_nuke---large-------moderate--Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_piranesi-giant----- moderate--Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_prodigy-medium---complex---Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_storm--medium--- moderate--Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_survivor-medium--simple----- Official-----Counter-Terrorist
Bomb------ de_torn----medium--- simple----- Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_train--- medium--- complex--- Official-----Balanced
Bomb------ de_vertigo-large------ moderate--Official-----Balanced

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Come on guys, arent there any guys or groups who doesnt play CS ?? am i the only lonesum here ?? please post sum stuff related to the topic.

cheers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U2 wrote:
hey man i cant still play cs source final offline ...help me!!!
Can u please post the screenshot or the error msg or watever msgs tat ur getting.

Also try to reinstall the CSS final. Post ur results here.

cheers n e-peace....

U2

Broken In
Hey u said i have to create a game in cs source and add bots to play it.......iv created a game but thers no option to add bots....now help me//

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U2 wrote:
Hey u said i have to create a game in cs source and add bots to play it.......iv created a game but thers no option to add bots....now help me//
U mean Computer Controlled bots RIGHT ??

Well for tat in the console menu while playing a game (wich is brought up by pressing the ~ (Tilde) key) type bot_quota 6 (or any number other than 6 to ur liking) wich will add bots in the game. U can also add Computer controlled bots by trying out this command: bot_add_t and bot_add_ct (for adding terrorists and Counter Terrorists respectively) in ur game (map) tat ur playing.

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
readermaniax wrote:
thanx for da reply!!!....im u2
Always welcome bro :)

BTW please share ur tips and tricks in any particular CS maps that u like playing,like its finer points,advantage of the map, advantage of choosing CT or T (as per ur opinion). Lets make this thread an enjoyable one by sharing our views. :)

cheers n e-peace.....

KoRn

In the zone
theres a place in the italy map where u can hide....

u have to choose to be a terrorist then u go to the right as soon as u start and reach the bridge there u will see an open door and a verandah on top.to get to the verandah....
1.jump on the railing.
2.jump on the box adn go closer towards the door to make a successfull jump to the top of the open door.
3.once u are on top of the door jump using the crouch+jump+forward keys...jump once more and there u have it ur on the verandah u get to smipe most of the annoying cts from there all da best...

BTW dats the best way i could put dat cuz i cant explain wit words.PLease ask me if u cant understand!

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
KoRn wrote:
theres a place in the italy map where u can hide....

u have to choose to be a terrorist then u go to the right as soon as u start and reach the bridge there u will see an open door and a verandah on top.to get to the verandah....
1.jump on the railing.
2.jump on the box adn go closer towards the door to make a successfull jump to the top of the open door.
3.once u are on top of the door jump using the crouch+jump+forward keys...jump once more and there u have it ur on the verandah u get to smipe most of the annoying cts from there all da best...

BTW dats the best way i could put dat cuz i cant explain wit words.PLease ask me if u cant understand!
Thats the simplest and most effective way of explaining bro :):) thanx a lot :)..Well even i hv a tric in the map de_aztec.
For this u hv to play it as a Terrorist and plant the bomb in the B area and after planting the bomb, jus sit behind the CUBE SHAPED blocks (in the coner,jus right to the RED COLOR "B" spot),
:idea: Now the advantage is that , even is all ur members (terrorists) hv died and u are left alone with approx. 3-4 CTs still searching for u to kill u and diffuse the bomb, u can kill them by crouching in this position (behind the CUBE blocks) and taking them one by one coz the CTs, come to diffuse the bomb only one by one and not in a huge group, so u can take them out (kill them) one by one.

I hv tried this with the difficulty set to 2 (hard) and i hv succeded everytime.
Hey KoRn bro, keep those tweaks and tips coming.. :):)

cheers n e-peace....

munim2020

Broken In
do you guys play on the internet?
give me IP addresses of some good condition zero servers. condition zero servers are damn rare becuz most guys play cs1.5 or css. but i have only condition zero :-(

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
munim2020 wrote:
do you guys play on the internet?
give me IP addresses of some good condition zero servers. condition zero servers are damn rare becuz most guys play cs1.5 or css. but i have only condition zero
U can see this site for moe info.But this is a paid site to get u access for playing CS-CZ online thru international server.
www.inx-gaming.co.uk/cscz.php I will post sum more as and wen i find them. :)

BTW, do u play CS 1.6 too ?? i hv a querryfor u as to how to play CS-CZ so here it goes:

I recently tried playing CS-CZ, so wen i started the game this is wat was displayed in the screen:
COUNTER STRIKE-CONDITION ZERO then after that,
Recoil was displayed and i was in travelling in a helicopter wich was busted and brought down by terrorists and i was in this place called Nothern Africa (or sumwat similar to tat), so is this so called "RECOIL" the only game and/or map available to play in CS-CZ ? :? :?

I dnt knw anything abt this CS-CZ,but i hv played CS 1.6 im posting the screenshot of the CHANGE GAME menu tat i received while I pause the game:
*images1.pictiger.com/images/65/074a6fc23a90e9273436cc148d8d9465.jpg
So where are the other maps wich i can find in CS-CZ and is this game like a FPS like a single shooter game ??

Please help guys....

Cheers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
COUNTER STRIKE Cheat Codes
SOURCE:www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflifecounterstrike/hints.html

Press ~ to enter the console on the server machine and type sv_cheats 1 or sv_ 1. Then, change maps by typing changelevel dust (or any other map). Finally, enter one of the following codes at the console to activate the corresponding cheat function. Note: Some codes have been changed or removed with various patch updates for the game.
Cheat Effect
give spaceweapon_awp Arctic sniper rifle
sv_aim Auto-aim with sniper rifle
sv_gravity <-999 - 999999> Adjust gravity
gl_zmax <0-9999> Adjust wall and object density; default is 3600
gl_zmax 0 See and fire through walls and objects
cl_hidefrags 0 View other players' frags
cl_forwardspeed 999 Faster forward motion
cl_backspeed 999 Faster backwards motion
cl_sidespeed 999 Faster side motion
changelevel Level select
give Get indicated item
skin Change skins
+reload Auto-reload enabled
-reload Auto-reload disabled
lambert See things brightly without flashlight
mp_c4timer <1-100> SetC4 timer
sv_clienttrace 9999 Hyper auto-aim enabled
sv_clienttrace 0000 Hyper auto-aim disabled
adjust crosshair Change crosshair color
crosshair <1-5> Disable the crosshair to enlarge when shooting
mp_freezetime Set freeze period at the start of rounds. Set to 0 to disable, default is 6/1
mp_roundtime <3-15> Set maximum length in minutes a round can last, default is 51
mp_friendlyfire <0 or 1> Toggle friendly fire
mp_timelimit Set minutes between map rotations, default is 01
mp_footsteps <0 or 1> Toggle footsteps, default is 1/1
mp_flashlight <0 or 1> Toggle flashlight use, default is 1/1
cl_observercrosshair <0 or 1> Toggle crosshairs in observer mode, default is 1
timeleft Reveal how much time is left on the map
dm <0 or 1> Toggle map briefings after new levels load, default is 1
ghosts <0 or 1> Toggle to see ghosts in observer mode, default is 0
ah <0 or 1> Toggle auto-help hint messages, default is 1
sv_clienttrace 999999999 All shots will hit, default is 1
impulse101 $16,000
r_lightmap 1 Whiten all surroundings at 800x600 resolution
net_graph <0 or 1> Toggle graph
cvarlist or cmdlist List cheat commands, press [Page Up] or [Page Down] to scroll
unbind Unbind key command
kill Suicide
-numericping Show ping as numbers
sv_airaccelerate -9999 Fast Jumping
God Makes you invincible
mp_startmoney 16000 Start with 16000
hud_fastswitch (0 or 1) Allows you to toggle switching weapons faster
sv_wateraccelerate 999 Allows to walk faster in water
sv_waterfriction sets the friction in water
sv_wateraccelerate sets how fast you accelerate in water
sv_stopspeed sets how fast you stop running
sv_friction sets the friction of the game
sv_clipmode 1=no clipping
sv_airaccelerate sets how fast you accelerate in air
mp_startmoney change your starting money in-game!
mp_c4timer sets time on C4 charge
mp_buytime sets time to buy items
sv_maxspeed set max running speed
sv_accelerate sets acceleration
sv_cheats 1=cheats on
sv_bounce ???unknown
pausable 1= enables pausing(not reccomended)
mp_roundtime sets round time
mp_flashlight 1=flashlight on
mp_autokick 1=turn on auto kick in game
mp_allowmonsters 1= single player enemies visible
coop sets the mode to co-op
deathmatch sets the mode to deathmatch
net_address Shows server IP and port

Weapons
In order to get a certain weapon listed below without buying them, press the ~ key and type in ''sv_cheats 1'', then use one of the following codes with ''give (weapon code)'' for example ''give spaceweapon_awp'' to get an arctic sniper rifle. Note that some of the codes may not work in the other game versions.
Cheat Effect
weapon_aug gives Steyr Aug
weapon_p288 gives SIG p288
weapon_scout gives Scout
weapon_m249 gives Para
weapon_mp5navy gives MP5
weapon_mac 10 gives MAC-10
weapon_m3 gives M3 Super Shotgun
weapon_g3sg1 gives H&K Sniper Rifle
weapon_glock18 gives Glock 18 pistol
weapon_p90 gives Fn P90
weapon_elite gives Dual Berretas
weapon_deagle gives Desert Eagle
weapon_sg552 gives Commando
weapon_m4a1 gives Colt M4a1 Carbine
weapon_xm1014 gives Benelli xm1014
weapon_ak47 gives AK-47
spaceweapon_awp gives Arctic Sniper Rifle
weapon_flashbang gives Flashbang
weapon_hegrenade gives HE Grenade
weapon_smokegrenade gives Smoke grenade
weapon_defuser gives Bomb Defuser
weapon_awp gives Arctic
weapon_sig550 gives SIG 550
weapon_ump45 gives Ump.45
weapon_usp gives Usp.45
weapon_kevlar gives Kevlar Vest
weapon_nightvision gives Nightvision goggles

Waypoint Editing
Access the console with ~ then enter the following:
Cheat Effect
waypoint on clip Enable waypoint editing
waypoint off clip Disable waypoint editing

Counter-Strike Glitches
Console information as name
if you change your name to one of the following then whenever you die a long stream of words will show up instead of your name. This is because it is the code for the description of that skin. The skins each have one.

cstrike_sas_label
cstrike_gign_label
cstrike_guerilla_label
spec_no_pip
SOURCE:www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflifecounterstrike/hints.html

Cheers n e-peace.......

KoRn

In the zone
heres another trick whenever ur a terrorist and u plant a bomb,make it harder for the CTs to find it by firing the barrels close to the bomb till they cover the bomb dis way they take time in removing the barrels and the bomb blows the cr@p outta dem.
I use the knife or my small gun for best results.
U can use this trick in the de_dust2 map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom