The Galaxy S thread!

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
getting some weird problems in sgs.Iam not able to check my account balance.i get my account balane usually by dialling *111#.the special pack menu comes by dialling *141# but the balance alert after each call and the account balance are not coming now

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Official froyo for Galaxy S leaked! The firmware version is I9000XXJPH. I am on it right now :D

OP
kalpik

kalpik

GPS is not a network service.. You can use it directly without having to pay anyone!

vulpine

Broken In
Today, I gotto play with GalaxyS at croma.
I checked iphone 3gS first and SGS back to back for direct comparision

1. Screen is HUGE and really awesome but colors look a bit unreal and over saturated.
2. Damn slim!!
3. Input lag is very evident...when iphone was just flying thru menus SGS looked like its struggling a bit.

Over all Im damn impressed. Price quoted was 27Ks

anonymusneo

Journeyman
i went to *#*#1472365#*#*

deletd gps settings. now doing gps test.
getting reply from 3 satelites
but they are unable to get my location

btw i am running on stock firmware JM4

nikhilpai

Techans
Saw on twitter! Congrats :)

Thanks! A couple of newbie questions:

1. If I want to download more system fonts, whats the best source? I don't mind the default one but its too big.
2. The email client (not Google mail) downloads entire mail including attachments. I want to configure it to only download message but not attachment. How do I do this?
3. Should I apply lag fix now or should I wait for Froyo?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Thanks! A couple of newbie questions:

1. If I want to download more system fonts, whats the best source? I don't mind the default one but its too big.
2. The email client (not Google mail) downloads entire mail including attachments. I want to configure it to only download message but not attachment. How do I do this?
3. Should I apply lag fix now or should I wait for Froyo?
1. Don't know.. Didn't bother with the fonts :p
2. No idea again, as I don't use the Email client.
3. I think you should wait.. Get used to the phone first! (I'm guessing its your first Android phone?). Froyo should be out during next week.

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
my phone is getting a little too hot i think while charging,the screen specially,is it normal but i dont think so coz iam noticing it just today.Still unable to solve the balance check problem!!!!!

Kvishal

In the zone
is there a setting in the Browser of GALAXY-S which on changing can access full desktop webpages than WAP site pages. At the moment my brother's SGS keeps giving WAP site pages for a lot sites. Can the setting be changed to render full desktop like pages just like the N900. If yes what are those? how does one do it. Can anybody list out the steps.

Thanks.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

is there a setting in the Browser of GALAXY-S which on changing can access full desktop webpages than WAP site pages. At the moment my brother's SGS keeps giving WAP site pages for a lot sites. Can the setting be changed to render full desktop like pages just like the N900. If yes what are those? how does one do it. Can anybody list out the steps.

Thanks.
It should open full pages by default? Some sites detect a mobile browser and redirect to WAP pages. Can you list some specific sites which are opening in WAP mode?

Top Bottom