The Galaxy S thread!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^Hey thanks...
Already done that ;-)

I've a question. Mistakenly I logged in with a google id which I don't use much and then logged in with another ID. Now both of them as showing as active...

How do I remove/deactivate the former one?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Check in Settings -> Accounts and Sync.

1>It is there but, when I select to remove it, it says my phone needs to do a factory reset :-(

2>And what is a CyanogenMod?
Explain in simple english, plz :-D

3>In AppBrain most of the people are posting that they are using Froyo...so is it out?
How to get it?

eagle06

Los7 Cau53
yesterday i got my GS for 29k including insurance from univercell,hyd.
The screen is amazing!. I could nt find any scratch pad...

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Buy a full body scratch shield from GadgetShieldz.. Its like Zagg invisible shield, only cheaper, and the feel is better :)

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
Just bought new galaxy s.Iam new to android because i just upgraded from 1650(hihihi) to this phone.I was just feeling three thing HUGE,FAST,GORGEOUS.When i install games and soft from my external memory card why doesn,t they run???help

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
When i install games and soft from my external memory card why doesn,t they run???help

What games and what softs?

How r u installing them? R u sure they are supported in Android platform?

And, congrats on ur new purchase. Use Kies and upgrade ur firmware.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

@Kalpik, I need an audio player which supports FLAC and has equilizer.

Stock player does not support custom setting in equilizer and till date I've tried
MixZing (has all and probably the best, but does not support equilizer on FLAC files)
Kiss (no equilizer)
Meridian (confusing)
(a few others)

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
I installed nfs shift but after that initial ea logo it terminates.kies is also not installing says cannot connect to the server.buggy softwares for an epic phone.Help!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
Plzzzzz help friends becoz i want to update my phone.It is lagging. update 1 is preinstalled in my phone.I downloaded another setup of kies but it is still not installing.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@sourabh9agrawal, r u sure it is installed with update1?

Note, in SGS the more you talk, the contacts gets stored. It keeps on piling. In my case I could even went back to 20days old phone log.
This makes the phone really slow.
Just clear the log once in a while and it would be fast enough.

U have 4 home screens by default. on second u have daily briefing widget. remove that. It slows down the mobile.

But, seriously I'm on JG4 and the lag is not felt very much. It starts lagging only when the call logs keep piling.

About Kies issue...which OS r u using?
I had XP and Kies just refused to install properly. Its works best in Vista and later

Last edited:

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
@sourabh9agrawal, r u sure it is installed with update1?

Note, in SGS the more you talk, the contacts gets stored. It keeps on piling. In my case I could even went back to 20days old phone log.
This makes the phone really slow.
Just clear the log once in a while and it would be fast enough.

U have 4 home screens by default. on second u have daily briefing widget. remove that. It slows down the mobile.

But, seriously I'm on JG4 and the lag is not felt very much. It starts lagging only when the call logs keep piling.

About Kies issue...which OS r u using?
I had XP and Kies just refused to install properly. Its works best in Vista and later

Im sure becoz update 1 is shown in the about option and i have deleted all the widgets from the homescreen.I like the huge screen without any spots<hihihi>.I noticed the call log issue,but it is difficult to accept that how can such little information can slowdown the monster,my brothers n73 can store 30 days call log.

Iam just starting to hate kies.Iam using win 7 64bit on my sony vaio eb26fg.I tried to install it on my sis hp mini running xp 32bit but the issue remains the same "cannot connect to file server".swype is AMAZING.At first look it seems MAGIC

@kalpik,What is ODIN?From where i can downlaod it?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
For Odin, read here: [REF] BIG FAQ! {Flash/Root HOWTO} {ADB&Tutorials} {T&T} {FW-Guide} [MUST READ!] - xda-developers

neerajbisht

Right off the assembly line
After failing in my search for a Spica finally decided to go for a Galaxy S. Ordered it from adexmart.com for 26990. Got it delivered today. Initial impression: The screen looks stunning :). Have switched it off for applying gadgetshieldz scratch cover.
The gadgetshieldz cover seems to have some bubbles that I am unable to remove. Will they go away as it dries or will i have to remove and reapply it again?

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
sold off my galaxy s for 24k becoz it was lagging a little too much.I was not able to update it becoz kies was not connecting and i didn't wanted to root it down coz that would had void the warranty.plaaning to take samsung wave for some time then will go back to sgs. well no regrets coz i bought it for 23k:grin::grin::grin: from my friend.Getting a wave for 13k which is 10 days old.I love used mobiles:cool::cool::cool:

Top Bottom