The Galaxy S thread!

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Rooting does not void warranty on SGS, cause you can easily go back to stock firmware :D

neerajbisht

Right off the assembly line
I am having a problem with my galaxy s. A lot of my calls are getting disconnected when using the phone directly. When I use the earphones I dont hit this issue. I think it might be a problem with the proximity sensor as the network signal shows 4 bars when the call gets disconnected. Anybody else facing this issue?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I am having a problem with my galaxy s. A lot of my calls are getting disconnected when using the phone directly. When I use the earphones I dont hit this issue. I think it might be a problem with the proximity sensor as the network signal shows 4 bars when the call gets disconnected. Anybody else facing this issue?

No such issues faced here. And till now none complained such issue on SGS...

R u sure its not ur service provider?

neerajbisht

No such issues faced here. And till now none complained such issue on SGS...

R u sure its not ur service provider?

I tested the proximity sensor with a sensor test app and it seems to be working fine. It seems the issue was (in Steve Job's words) not holding the phone right. :oops: My ear was over the upper half of the screen and not covering the proxomity sensor as it should be. All is fine and dandy now. :smile:

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Btw official Froyo for Galaxy S is out today. woohoo.
Official Froyo - xda-developers
Its also reported on GSM arena. Has anyone tried this?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

^^ That's not official.. Still beta firmware.. I tried to download it, was too slow, so canceled.. Will try again later..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
As per official Samsung UK tweet feed, Samsung is going to release Froyo for Galaxy S end of September.

Just google with "Galaxy S+Froyo" and check the results

hahahari

In the zone
Mobile internet pack with the 99 rupee plan should work with all the aps on SGS right
?/???

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

in vodafone that is :)

neerajbisht

Recently my Galaxy S had started lagging a bit. Especially when k-9 mail app was running the lag would be so bad that the phone would become unusable. I applied the 1-click lag fix and the phone has become really zippy.
A lot of Galaxy S users on xda are saying that they never observed any lags. But from my experience I can say the stock f/w is definitely laggy and when you have lot of apps trying to sync data the lag can be so bad that you cant even use the phone.

Kvishal

In the zone
All you Samsung Galaxy users,

Want a honest feedback from you guys. How do you guys rate this phone in Internet surfing and mailing when compared to the NOKIA N900. I believe most of the sites opened on SGS are directed to a mobile site, WAP site. Whereas on the N900 it opens the website the way it would open on a PC. But the viewing and Internet surfing on the SGS should be great fun coz of its 4 inch Amoled screen. But SGS does not open any flash sites and all the sites. like for e.g try opening a online music station site it would not open on SGS.

OP
kalpik

kalpik

1. I have never used a N900
2. SGS can open ALL sites (not just wap). Android browser is one of the most capable browser on any mobile platform.
3. Flash lite sites open just fine. Full flash sites will work once SGS gets Android 2.2 (around September 20th).

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
woooooooh.Finally got back my galaxy s:grin::grin:.I had to wait long 10days to get the new one.This time also update 1 was preinstalled.I got succesful in installing kies:p.Just for installing kies i had to recover my laptop to factory conditions,then also in first attempt it hadn't work then i uninstalled the mcafe internet security and disabled the windows firewall then when i again tried it got the same error " cannot connect to the file server" but this time windows asked to install kies by the "recommended settings" and thank god this time it worked.Now iam updating it.But here also it was not staright forward kies had an error showing that "my device doesnot have sufficient battery" so i have to charge my phone then try updating it,however the phone automatically charges while updating:idea::idea:.I hoped that it would have been a lot easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Is the sgs lag fix is included in latest update?If not then i want to insall it.How?

Last edited:
Top Bottom