The Galaxy S thread!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
:sigh: that means I've to take GPRS connection in my mob, and I hate GPRS is so much. 3G is still not available in Vodafone....

What do u guys say on the speed of GPRS...how slow r the things?
Till now the sites I'm planning to open, Gmail, Orkut, Youtube, icicidirect, TDF...

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ You can download apps over wifi too!

GPRS works fine for browsing sites.. Even for downloading apps as there are rarely larger than a few hundred KB.. As long as you don't want to download 10s of MBs or run torrents, i think GPRS is fine!

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, a quick update.
Today I bought Galaxy S @28300/-

Will be coming back for modding it and for other helps......
But, its huge.............HUGE

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys help needed.

I'm having trouble with Kies getting installed in my PC. My PC is running XP SP3. Kies is throwing lotsa errors while installing.

I'm installing this version: Kies_1.5.1.10071_32

Do I need other/old version?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Why do you need KIES?

A request from my side. Someone who is on the stock unrooted firmware, can you please upload a nandroid backup? It will help me getting back to the stock firmware if I need to give the phone for warranty..

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Sync your contacts to google!

Rhitwik, can you do the nandroid backup of your phone? You're on stock unrooted firmware right?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Kalpik, Syncing to googls will take time as I've not yet activated GPRS.

I need to import my contacts from my Sony Ericson phone to Galaxy. I've already exported the contacts in CSV format...

About Nandroid backup........I can do that...just tell me how to do it ;-)

OP
kalpik

kalpik

You don't have wifi? If not, that's seriously recommended :p

KIES is buggy, works for some, doesn't work for others.

Regarding nandroid, I would need you to reset your phone to factory defaults. Let me know if you're ready for that. The backup process itself is very safe and un-invasive. So you don't need to worry about anything :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Its already in factory default. I've just changed ringtone, and wallpaper :-D

And wifi...ummm no I don't have.

So, no alternate for Kies?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Try the latest version of KIES here: Samsung Kies -

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

As for nandroid backup, follow these steps:

1. Download clockwordmod recovery from here: *koush.tandtgaming.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-galaxys.zip
2. Rename it to "update.zip" and put it on your internal SD card.. Don't put it inside any folder.
3. Open the battery cover, then go to settings -> privacy -> factory reset. Reset your phone.
4. The phone will reboot, wipe all caches and then it will reboot again. After it wipes cache and reboots again, don't let the phone boot up, remove battery.
5. Put the battery back in, then boot into recovery mode by pressing Volume UP + Home + Power button simultaneously.
6. When in recovery, use volume keys to navigate to "Apply update.zip". Press home button. Your phone will now boot into clockworkmod recovery.
7. Use the volume keys to navigate to nandroid. Use the back soft button to select. Then chose backup, and backup your ROM.
8. It will take a few minutes to backup, then phone will reboot.
9. You will now be able to see a clockworkmod folder in your internal sdcard. Please zip this folder and upload it somewhere.
10. I will be eternally grateful if you do this for me :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! This is totally safe and it will help you too once you decide to mod your phone :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Kalpik, I've downloaded the version yesterday.

About backup...I'm leaving for office within half an hour...will do that when I come back in the evening. I think in between u won't fcuk ur mobile so bad ;-) :-D

OP
kalpik

kalpik

Thanks! Naa.. My phone isn't screwed! I just need the default firmware to back in case i ever need to give the phone in for warranty :)

hahahari

In the zone
Also to check balance in reliance, it is *367#. but when i press that the screen pops Up saying something about usce or something. I can't get the balance. Pls help for that too.

Top Bottom