:: The Formula 1 - 2007 Season Thread ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Charan said:
What about friends? .. um.. am I your friend ? :D

Hehe...you surely are but going out of country for first time just to watch a F1 race is certainly not on the cards...
BTW are you planning to watch the Singapore 2008 GP live??:confused:

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Schumacher to test again at Jerez

Retired seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher will test again for Ferrari at Jerez in southern Spain next month, the Formula One team said on Thursday.

"We haven't arranged the programme yet but he will do a couple of days," a Ferrari spokesman said.

Schumacher retired at the end of the 2006 season but returned to the race track this month in a test that Ferrari described at the time as "half for pleasure, half for technical reasons."

He was the fastest driver on both days he tested at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya.

The 38-year-old German, who has ruled out a return to racing, has useful experience in driving cars without traction control and so-called 'driver aids'.

Formula One's technical rules are changing next year, with such systems removed.

"My love for this sport has never faded and to drive the F1 car is the best you can do as a motorsportsman," Schumacher said on his website before the last test.

"It has nothing to do with my decision to retire though, that is irrevocable. I hope I can give Ferrari some support in the preparations for the new season."

Ferrari won both world championships this year, with Finland's Kimi Raikkonen taking the drivers' title.

*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64084

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Schumacher, Fisichella and Montagny to test for Force India

Ralf Schumacher, Giancarlo Fisichella and Franck Montagny are set to drive for Force India next week at the multi-team test at Jerez, as the former Spyker team continue to ponder their 2008 drive line-up.

The trio will be in action at the Spanish track alongside the squad’s contracted testers Roldan Rodriguez and Giedo van der Garde and former Red Bull team mates Christian Klien and Vitantonio Liuzzi, who tested for the team at Barcelona’s Circuit de Catalunya earlier this month.

Schumacher, who left Toyota at the end of last season, is currently looking for a race seat for 2008. The German, who has won six Grands Prix during his 11-year career, was offered the opportunity to test by Force India co-owner Dr Vijay Mallya.

“I have known Vijay for many years over my time with Toyota,” said the 32 year-old. “I fully understand his passion for the sport and know that he will put this drive into Force India to make it a success. For any driver, driving for a young dynamic team with high ambitions is a good opportunity, but at the moment it is just one test to see how we get on working together, and whether this is possible. I think I can help the team with its development programme but we will see.”

Fisichella, who has driven for Renault for the past three seasons, has been given the chance to test for Force India by the French squad, who have yet to confirm their 2008 line-up. The Italian, who made his debut for Minardi in 1996, is one of the grid’s most experienced drivers and has scored three Grands Prix wins.

“Whilst no drivers have been officially confirmed by Renault, the team has given me permission to explore other options,” explained the 34 year-old. “I was invited to test with Force India F1 Team at Jerez and I was very happy to accept it.”

Montagny, meanwhile, spent last season testing for Toyota. The Frenchman, who raced in six Grands Prix for Super Aguri in 2006, left the Japanese team earlier this month.

“I was in contact with Vijay Mallya from my time at Toyota,” explained Montagny. “Towards the end of the year we talked about the future and I heard about the possibility of testing with Force India. Of course I was very tempted as I am sure that with the new owners, the team will be very strong.”

During the four-day test, Force India will run two Ferrari-powered former Spyker F8-VII chassis, which will be painted with a distinctive interim burgundy red and white livery. Fisichella and Montagny will split driving duties on the opening day of the test, December 4, before handing over the two cars to their colleagues.

Source

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
If this is the Force India F1 logo, I like it very much :)
*www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/manual/dgb0713nov70.jpg

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ yea its the Force India Logo :) .. its much better than the name itself :p
EDIT: not the one on the cap :p

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
force india doesn't need fisci or ralf both are too lazy.we need new talent.

btw where's tiaggo montiero haven't seen him after his gr8 season in 06

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
sorry for digging up old thread:p
Alonso signs 1 yr. deal with Renault.
*www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/article565853.ece

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Renault confirm Alonso, Piquet for 2008

The Renault team have confirmed Fernando Alonso and Nelsinho Piquet as their racing drivers for the 2008 season.

Alonso, who announced his move on his website on Monday, returns to the French squad after one season at the McLaren team, which he left two years before the end of his contract after a turbulent season.

Alonso will have Piquet, a test driver for the team in 2007, as teammate next year, after Renault confirmed an all-new line-up for 2008.

"Fernando and Nelsinho will form one of the most exciting driver line up of 2008," said Renault's managing director Flavio Briatore.

"We are delighted to be welcoming Fernando back home to the team where he enjoyed his greatest success. His abilities as a driver and a team leader are well known, and we look forward to forging another strong partnership. ...
read more *www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64336

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
It is said that Alonso will be the highest paid F1 driver beating Kimi by half a million dollar.

Alonso's new contract : USD51.55 per year.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Arsenal_Gunners said:
^^they messed up Wembley for that:x
@s18000rpm
Old news:p

lol. Yes. An artificial track in a football stadium. But hell yeah. I love it. watching F1 in football stadium. hehehe

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
^ I just read that in todays Hindustan Times :D

"I found myself a passenger, which was strange enough, but having 'Schumi' behind the wheel was incredible," said taxi driver Tuncer Yilmaz.

"He drove at full throttle around the corners and overtook in some unbelievable places."
He is schumi man ... :D

*newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44295000/jpg/_44295537_schumacher203getty.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom