:: The Formula 1 - 2007 Season Thread ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesh kalra

Mclaren F1 Long tail
Read this guys raikonnen still hasn't offically won the championship:mad:
"The BMW Sauber and Williams teams are being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over possible technical irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.

The enquiries relate to fuel temperature, which under Formula One racing’s technical regulations are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. Williams and BMW Sauber are understood to have exceeded this range.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, it would move McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton up from seventh to fourth, making him world champion, rather than Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen.

Raikkonen won the race from team mate Felipe Massa, with McLaren’s Fernando Alonso third."
Source *www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/10/7023.html

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Nah, they have escaped penalty, so yes, Kimi is Champion :D

Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after lengthy deliberations stewards chose not to impose sanctions.

*www.formula1.com/photos/597x478/sutton/2007/d07bra1895.jpg

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Arsenal_Gunners said:
I am happy that Mclaren got what they deserved.Treating Alonso second fiddle to a rookie(howsoever talented he may be) cost them the title.
very true.

Ron you're a noob, learn something from Jean Todt:D

No Wonder McLaren has'nt won any title since Mika Left in 1999.:p:p:p

*www.formula1.com/photos/225x/sutton/2007/d07bra1899.jpg

===========
mods dont close this thread. bettr change its title to "The F1 Channel"

":p" exclusively to "Arsenal Gunners"

FIA post-race press conference - Brazil

====================
Q: (Andrea Cremonesi – La Gazzetta dello Sport) In your first season with Ferrari you have won the championship – only Fangio has done this before. How do you feel to be compared to this great champion? And how is your feeling to see McLaren beaten in the last race, the team you were with for five years?

KR: Like I said before, I enjoyed every moment with the team. I enjoy Formula One more this year than the last few years for many reasons, but not because of the driving – for other reasons. And I am more than happy to win the championship with Ferrari, especially the first year with the team has been a great year overcoming all difficulties and giving me such a nice big family and great people to work with – and I would rather win with them than with anybody else.

YAAaaaaaaY

Kimi . will stay @ Ferrari forever :D jus like Schumi (i hope) & Massa too :D:D

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Yeah. only loser's like Barrichello leave Ferrari thinking of achieving something.

Congrats Kimi. But I am still worried as McLaren may appeal over stewards decision on not disq'ing BMW and Williams.

If Lewis win the championship based on penalty, he will be the worst champion of all time.

Kimi truly deserves the championship. Congrats Kimi.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Arsenal_Gunners said:
I am happy that Mclaren got what they deserved.Treating Alonso second fiddle to a rookie(howsoever talented he may be) cost them the title.
Yeah McLaren really deserved to loose, for they made the mistake of signing up cryonso. I hope they realised their mistake and will keep away from Cryonso.

Leaving the thread open but unstickying it.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
we can have this thread as "The F1 Channel"

this ":p" is exclusively to "Arsenal Gunners" :))

=======================

Noob Nakajima taking out his Mechanics
*www.formula1.com/photos/215x130/tvimages/2007/brazil/sunpic16.jpg

1st turn incident
*www.formula1.com/photos/215x130/tvimages/2007/brazil/sunpic4.jpg

another noob, Butter Fingers Noob (see the noob in background) :))
*www.formula1.com/photos/215x130/tvimages/2007/brazil/sunpic14.jpg

Pics stolen from www.f1.com :p

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hurrrrrrrrrrrrray! Way to go Kimi. I've waited long to see Kimi in this position. Just wish he'd haf got the title when he was in McLaren.

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
at present Ferrari is having 2 very good drivers having different perspective and style of racing...so it may be a start of another Ferrari dominance..........:cool:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Alonso hopes appeal is unsuccessful :))

go Alonso!!! :D

Fernando Alonso believes it would be bad for Formula One if Lewis Hamilton was handed the world championship title via a court of appeal ruling.

The outcome of the 2007 championship remains in doubt after McLaren informed the FIA that they would appeal against the race stewards' decision not to penalise Williams' Nico Rosberg and the BMWs in Brazil.

The three drivers finished ahead of Hamilton in fourth, fifth and sixth, but were the subject of a post-race investigation over the temperatures of fuel samples taken from their cars. The officials decided it could not be proved that the fuel had been below the temperature permitted under the regulations and that no action should therefore be taken.

But if McLaren's appeal is successful and the three drivers are penalised, Hamilton could gain enough points to take the world title away from Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen.

Alonso reckons such a situation could have dire consequences for F1's reputation.

"It would be a joke, and we've had too many already," he told Spanish radio station Cadena Ser. "If something like that happened, it would end up burying the sport."

The former champion could only finish a distant third in the Brazilian Grand Prix, and ended the season third in the standings.

He reiterated his belief that McLaren could have been more supportive of his title bid.

"It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," Alonso said.

"The result speaks for itself. McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season. It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot.
(yup, Ron naded his own team, NOOB!!!! :p)

"What my team boss stated in China, saying that they weren't racing against Raikkonen but against me, was a declaration of intent. So McLaren did their part in losing the title, but also Ferrari did a better job than the rest.

"In the last races both my hands and feet have been tied. I didn't have any power. I had to do it all the way they said and that made it harder to close the gap."
(true, as he didnt do good in Quali as well as in race :x)

But despite his continued criticisms of the team, Alonso denied that he had resolved to leave McLaren, and played down suggestions that he was set for a return to former team Renault.

"I know there are rumours, but I haven't talked to any other team and that's the reality," he insisted.

"If I don't stay at McLaren, I can't say Renault is my first option."
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63581

Who's crying now?

LOOOOOL!!!

McLaren turn out to be the Whiner's now

:D

=====================================
=====================================

Dennis: Alonso future to be decided soon

McLaren boss Ron Dennis has said he expects the future of Fernando Alonso at his team to be resolved within a fortnight.

Alonso has had a troubled relationship with Dennis this season, and there has been continued speculation that the Spaniard will not see out his original three-year deal with the team.

Dennis has stated for several months that the matter would only be sorted out after the season has finished, and he has now a put a timescale on a resolution being found.

"The issue of the drivers is an issue that we have continuously told you we will address after the end of the season," he told reporters at Interlagos. "And it will be addressed over the course of the next two weeks."

Dennis again blamed the growth of the Internet for increasing tensions between Alonso and the team, as he admitted that McLaren had struggled to cope with the demands of modern media through 2007.

"I have said so often, the Internet has been the bane of our lives," he said. "This is an uncontrolled, unedited, source of information that is fed into the media.

"Of course, I am not critical at all of the media. It just makes it so hard because everything is so instantaneous. You are just spending too much time trying to correct the inaccuracies that come into the system. That puts pressures on the team.

"But we will not in any shape or form say that this pressure has had anything to do with the fact that we had this problem (Hamilton's gearbox problem) today.

"I think the team has resisted the pressure very well during the season, and I would not put any of our on-circuit problems in testing or racing against that."

this season's BIGGEST , DUMBEST Manager - Ron Dennis

NOOB NOOB NOOB

:D

ya, Ron, give away Alonso to Renault & then get OWNED by him:D, again :D

*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63583

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
McLaren decisions lost championship - Alonso

"It doesn't seem like the season has been managed very well," Alonso told the Spanish Cadena Ser radio station. "The result speaks for itself. McLaren lost the championship probably because of some of the decisions they took, especially in the second half of the season. It's no secret that they haven't helped me a lot."

read more

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Spanish press blames McLaren for title loss

Spain's top newspapers on Monday were unanimous in blaming the McLaren team for their failure to win the drivers' championship this season, while also celebrating the fact that it wasn't Lewis Hamilton who took the title.

ROFL :D

"The biggest embarrassment of the century,"
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!

"With just one winning horse, McLaren would have both titles in the pocket. But his (Hamilton's) glint caused a revolution for Ron Dennis and his consultants. They got excited about the dream of a rookie champion.

"Dennis dressed himself in the policy of equality. And with it he has gone until the end. The result could not have been more equal. Pure equality: 109 points each, with the particularity that his Italian neighbours took the glory by a single point."

ROFL
*www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63590

Last edited:

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I was just checking the Formula 1 community on orkut and there also people are overjoyed with Kimi winning the championship coz 90% of them are indians :D
Looks like Kimi is a hit with the Indians!!

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
^^No I have been a member of that community since the beginning of the season and they have been supporting Kimi since then :p

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Damn it. McLaren are going to appeal against steward decision to clear BMW's and Williams. The reason they say is:

"We were surprised at and don't really understand the stewards' decision," McLaren Chief Executive Martin Whitmarsh was quoted by agencies as saying on Monday.

"Therefore we feel that if we hadn't lodged our intention to appeal, we would surely have been criticised by fans and Formula One insiders alike for not supporting our drivers' best interests.
"

WTF. Drivers best interests???
The same two drivers are saying that it's bad for sport to snatch the title from Kimi. The fans are saying that it's McLaren that killed the title hopes.

This shitty team is the worst ever team in the history of F1. First, they can't control the drivers. Then they try to snatch the title away from worthy champion in the worst way possible.

I will celebrate like hell when McLaren quits F1.

And to hell with "Damon Hill", who says stewards didn't penalize BMW and Williams only because Ferrari have the title and that the FIA is against McLaren. huh. losers.

This is how it is if they put a rookie before a double world champion as title contender. Had they supported Alonso, he would have gone away with the title atleast 3-4 races before the final race.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom