• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
IMO its harsh on Turnbull to be criticized without a valid test. He made a brilliant save off Eto at the dire minutes of the game. The goal conceded was atop class and I doubt Cech could have made a difference there. I find this guy better than that Hilarious piece of Sh*t. But who cares, as long as We have our arses in front. :p

^^
Not criticizing Turnbull, but psychologically, you feel the goal is a lot safer with Cech. And you could see the entire team was nervous the moment Inter broke free.

I'm appalled by the attitude of the team. No fuc.king desire to win it looked like. Something nerds to be done in midfield, as Ballack, Lampard and Mikel have been pushovers in the past 2 matches.

And playing Anelka ahead of Kalou was a bad decision. Oh well, I had no expectations, and I didnt ruin my sleep by watching the whole match :D

Go Arses! :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
2 penalties not given - even the commentators couldn't believe that the ref missed them. Inter defended very, very well - Lucio & Samuel made 3-4 last-ditch blocks. Eto'o scored a good goal. Ballack and Lampard were invisible. Joe Cole did NOTHING for the half an hour that he was on the pitch. Turnbull was good, seemed confident.

In short, we're scroooood unless the oldies make way. :|

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Wesley Sneijder was out of this world. Pin point passes. If RVP gets match fit, Netherlands would be a force to reckon with this year.
When is the draw?

I didnt ze the incident. I had/have a ton of studying to do, yet I managed to get up at 2.30am an watch till 88-89mins of the game. So cant say anything about the penalties.

But going by The Blues luck in CL, I wouldnt be surprised if a handball was done in front of the ref and he calls a free-kick to the opposition. It's happened for 3 yrs now.

TBPH, we looked like AC Milan. That was a huge shock. Lampard, Ballack, Mikel looked immovable and tired. Shocking to see that, esp. from Lampard. Wingers had too much to do, and JT_Alex partnership seemed strange. Only guy who did well in the match was Ivanovic. (Turnbull had a decent game considering his inexperience)

I thought age wouldnt matter in our squad, that our squad has a good blend with 30+ players doing really well. But yesterday, the team looked older than AC Milan combined.

He was right. He said he would never lose at the Bridge, and that he would kill The Blues. He did.

On to Ewood Park! :D

Apple Juice

Broken In
*therepublikofmancunia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/gerrard-assault.gif

fcuck off steeb . . :mad:

Chalse@ denied pen@lty by nub ref . .hop3 pl@tini's g@yness iz exp0sed to teh w0rld :mad: :mad:

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
inter were the better team.....chel$hit pwned :D
but terry has lost it.. zhirkov saved his ass otherwise it would have been bad
Chelsea were poor in the extreme. Frank Lampard was utterly anonymous (though Andy Gray's dismissal of the concept of him being substituted reveals everything about his exalted status), Didier Drogba was frustrated into a blend of stultified and stupid, Nicolas Anelka offered literally nothing and John Obi Mikel had one task - keep Wesley Sneijder quiet - and failed miserably.

In contrast, Inter were that blend of stoutness and occasional moments of brilliance that marked Jose Mourinho's first season with Chelsea. Lucio out-John Terry'd John Terry, Thiago Motta was a modern-day Makelele, and Sneijder provided that slice of magic that we used to see at Stamford Bridge from Arjen Robben.

S Winterburn

Last edited:

Rahim

Married!
Still fans think Mourinho is an overrated manager?

Samuel & Lucio gave the physical treatment to Drogba and once again he went into his shell. Being persistently taking free-kicks when its not working for you shows his attitude. If it doesn't work do something different.
It reminded me of Vidic in CL final how he bossed Drogba and later he lost his mind.

Motta gave the "putt-from-the-rough" treatment to M/S Ballack & Lampard and they never recovered from his lethal attack :D

That is the real difference between Mourinho and Ancelotti, while the former changes his tactics if it doesn't work while the latter stands there with a poker face.

Seville shown the door was a surprise, but after watching the match they are not worthy of adbacing to the Q/G. No passion, no urgency, just came for a walk on the park. Lethargic performance except from akora who tried to rally for his team till the end.

PS: Wouldn't Chelsea have progressed with a 1-0 win on the away goal rule (3-2)? If yes, then why did Chelsea looked so nervous and made a meal of this tie?

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Stevie should not have done that IMHO. But hell yeah if Bosingwa can get away after kicking Yossi so can Gerrard ;) It evens out :D

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I want Barca to win in this round of 16 so that the Manckers and Inter scumbags have some competition. :|

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Welll, Liverpool should have signed Mourinho instead of Rafa. :p

I remember in those days, I had tasted ze Internets for ze first time and Liverpool was interested in Mourinho.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Welll, Liverpool should have signed Mourinho instead of Rafa. :p

I remember in those days, I had tasted ze Internets for ze first time and Liverpool was interested in Mourinho.

No Way. I wouldn't have tolerated that cvnt at Anfield.
Anyway Mourinho would have done no better under current circumstances. The man's brilliant but a pay check manager for god sake.

iinfi

mekalodu
well as far as the game is concern i can say Chelsea played well for atleast 60 mins. after that it was all inter.
1. you cannot have such poor finishing infront of goal and expect to win tight matches. i cannot remember a single occasion when drogba or anelka (while playing for chelsea) dribbled past 3-4 defenders and made an assist or scored. the one drogba scored against arsenal recently was jus pure fluke. lets not look at that at all. he may be leading scorer in the EPL but definitely not CL quality. Anelka ... purely based on current form i can rate him 3.5/10.
2. Ballack and Deco were one of the best and most feared players in europe once upon a time. Ballack used to play well the season he came to Chelsea. But he is no longer the player he was once upon a time. again 4/10 for both players. Definitely not CL quality.
3. Obi Mikel. a very good player in my opinion but lacks the creativity a central defensive mid-fielder must possess for tough games in europe. even if he does create chances, Drogba n anelka dont have the skill to convert them.
4. Lampard 9/10 with slow moving players around him, even the best in the business struggle
5. Malouda and Ashley Cole (will be missed for the reminder of the season) both 9/10. Malouda: if at all he had better finishing skills ... huh .. strikers cant do it...expecting something out of a winger.. asking too much.
6. Ivanovic: 7.5/10 plays decent football within his limitations. sud v played ugly last nite. sud v tripped samuel eto'o while he was running upto the goal!! ;)
7. Back four needs to be better organized. Carvalho sud be replaced by Alex in all games.
8. Referee and sepp blatter and platini and the mafia: U dont require a rocket scientist to analyze its a organized mafia, may be by some rival oil tycoon who wants to get even with Roman. cant rule it out at all!! Full marks to the referee last nite (and special regard to overbo) who risked the ire of the Chelsea fans and succumbed to the pressure of UEFA and the mafia. Handballs not given, rugby tackles go unnoticed. Refs seem to get Amaurosis fugax when something goes wrong in the oppositon D.
Is it jus my eyes playing tricks.

nxt season, now that we dont have a ban, we need a quality mid-fielder with quick feet,a poweful and quick moving defensive mid-fielder and a couple of strikers of the quality/likes of a Rooney, Tevez,

else jus forget winning CL

Top Bottom