• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
@arsenal_gunners - *www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football...-raged-Arsenal-goal-disallowed--handball.html

check the have your say column on the right

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Yeah,Graham Poll naming and shaming them :lol:
There would probably be a lot of knee-jerking going on over Henry,Eduardo or N'Gog.You wouldn't find that column there when Rooney\Gerrard dive in WC or in CL against an Eastern European team.

-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Even Liam Brady(Arsenal legend and Irish assistant manager) and Trappatoni aren't blaming Henry.

Last edited:
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
*i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/11/19/article-1229085-0744F45F000005DC-943_306x423.jpg
In placenta we trust :))
Posted again:
Glenn Johnson and Fabio Aurelio are also in Belgrade to get some placenta.:lol:
*www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2736684/Mule-never-walk-alone.html

Last edited:
the fact that you think that he has done nothing wrong says a lot. comparing to others doesnt help. heat of the moment ?? not predetermined ?? what are the dives then ?? do you think the players pre determine them ?? a big hypocrite you are sir.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Having seen the replay and being an Arsenal fan myself I think the handball was pretty much pre-determined given that he used his hand to keep it in play, settle it on his right foot and make the cross. Well,seriously, i respect him greatly as a player, but his actions dont do justice to one of the best players of the millennium. I request people to not support this act and look upon this incident as a matter of shame to competitive football than just a lieu to fight it out. Its like how you dont respect swindlers and con-men for what they do, dont defend this act.henry shall remain a great player irrespective of what happens. The matter will die down eventually.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
*www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00141/henry_141624g.jpg
:lol:

this made me furious though
*www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/columnists/kennyclark/2738453/Kick-Henry-out-of-the-World-Cup.html

But the problem I still have is I don't quite know how FIFA would go about it. I'm not sure how they would incorporate it into the game.

Would there be time-outs so a video ref could look at decisions on a monitor? Would teams be allowed a certain amount of challenges, like tennis players are?

why not use the technology only under such controversial circumstances like handballs,diving and penalties?

If at all there was video replay, I dont think you can implement it successfully. Football is not cricket or Tennis, where there is a break in play, such as between 2 serves or overs.

Maybe this can be squeezed in when the ball is out of play, like before a goal kick or subs, but even so, I doubt whether it can be successfully implemented.

Not to mention we all like slating the ref for bad decisions, bringing in a video replay will take the fun out of it :D (stupid point, extremely idiotic, but a point nonetheless :p )

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't think FIFA would agree to a video replay. In a way, this is what makes it a game for the romantics! :smile:

But yes Henry should be punished. They can dish our punishments after the match, using video replay. Punishments that matter of course. Something like $50,000 would hardly matter to a player like Henry. That's pocket change for a player like him! Important match bans, fines up to millions would only come into notice! Went over this on Football Focus many times.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
agree with hell_storm2006 at match bans
& what henry did was not instinctive it was pre determined..he stopped the ball , settled it on his foot & crossed.he cheated.. he has a tarnished his reputation. he is a good footballer but this incident has made Ireland miss the world cup..
Ireland getting so close to the world cup ,unlikely to happen again anytime soon.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well, lets not take it infinite levels. Handling a ball is as bad as diving which, if banned for matches on end should be the same with dives.Problem with FIFA is, they lack consistency and are biased.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I thought you were a sane lot of fans. What are other fans doing here? They are criticizing an act of a player, nothing else. You shouldn't bring prejudice here by referring to a particular group of fans.

I don't see any difference in your last sentence and what other fans are saying.

I think you had a bad day at school. Honestly we both had a cordial few days and I am really holding myself of not answer you in an abusive manner.
I do condemn Henry, it was a pre-determined piece of instinctive cheating. And other things are not intended for you and "Manchester United fans". It's aimed at those particular ManUre fans who are behaving like twats. I have nothing against the constructive criticism by Man Utd fans.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
His celebration sucked. Period.

Henry cheating since ages? If thats the case, then Ronalgay is cheating since the life originated and Rooney is diving since Milleniums.

Last edited:

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Regarding Puyol, Puyol was elbowing Henry in whole of the match and Henry explained in the post match conference. And these are the only TWO incidents which Manchoot fans can quote. Should I get started on Scholes, Ronalgay and Rooney?

Regarding Puyol, Puyol was elbowing Henry in whole of the match and Henry explained in the post match conference. And these are the only TWO incidents which Manchoot fans can quote. Should I get started on Scholes, Ronalgay and Rooney?

so he decided to dive against spain in retaliation. and are you sure those were the only times henry cheated / dived ?? ;-)
Posted again:
and from when did pointing out a different murder a justification for some other murder. i mean does rooney or ronaldo doing it justify henry doing it. you are having a laugh.

if he is that righteous a player why does he have to go to the press and say that ' it wasnt my fault. it was the referee's. ' and then one day later say that ' i exploited what was exploitable '.
Posted again:
i never justified ronaldo diving / rooney diving. but to say that henry is a legend period to a shameful incident is just going over the top.

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
FIFA receives letter from Ireland requesting the replay of the controversial world cup match qualifying but it has been turned down.

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports...lay-down-replay-hopes/articleshow/5248951.cms

What more can we expect from FIFA and Platini?:x

nothing. they have already said that it is not possible. it should have been the other way round. then we would have seen platini running from pillar to post.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I have already said what I wanted to,on this issue.Rivals and tabloids can say whatever they want.Nothing can change Henry's image in us gooners' minds,which is all that matters.

The internationals are behind us and I am looking forward to the return of football.

Top Bottom