• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Well its hard to pin point one real problem in the team. Overall performances have been lackluster. We have defeated only the teams that we are supposed to beat year in year out. Against the big three only 3 points. Although the Arsenal's match was a lucky one, with the Diaby own goal! Need a lot of changes. The debts are another thing that is really biting. Glazers trying to sell and all those problems!

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
No more injuries+Portugeezers failing to reach the WC will make my day.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Just noticed this
Germany vs. Ivory Coast
Looks tasty :evil:

Last edited:
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Eduardo signs a long term deal with Arsenal :)
*www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/eduardo-signs-new-long-term-contract
Wish him luck,the biggest stage of his Arsenal career is here.
Posted again:
Eduardo said
I am very pleased to have signed a new long contract with the Club. I'm very happy and I hope to stay at Arsenal for as long as I can. This period is good for me now. I feel strong in my body and I feel ready to play 90 minutes every three days if it's needed.

Last edited:
Drogba and Ballack are not playing IMO

Nice to see Ede sign a new deal. The Arse squad need him to step up now :p

What happenned to Rosicky? If he isn't injured, why doesnt Arsene figure him in the line-up?

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Cause he just came back from another injury:|Its good that he and Nasri haven't been picked for internationals,hopefully they'll be fully fit by now.

Some good news regarding Gibbs.
After being assessed by the Arsenal medical staff, the Club can confirm that Kieran Gibbs has sustained severe bruising to the bones and soft tissue of his right foot. Thankfully the foot is not fractured and his enforced absence will be short term.

Same for Ballack and Drogba. They can play, but would be better if they skip this weekend. But still unclear on Lampard. :(

What is Arsenal's next game? Sunderland? I think they can hold out.

Against the Wolves, I dont mind if Ancelotti fields a mix of reserves and first team players, resting Drogba, Lampard, Ballack and Terry. Maybe Alex and JC might have a start and we might have a better look at Sturridge. Or Maybe Kalou will feature along-side Anelka. It's anybody's guess. :|

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Well its hard to pin point one real problem in the team. Overall performances have been lackluster. We have defeated only the teams that we are supposed to beat year in year out. Against the big three only 3 points. Although the Arsenal's match was a lucky one, with the Diaby own goal! Need a lot of changes. The debts are another thing that is really biting. Glazers trying to sell and all those problems!
agree with team performance...
but abt the glazers & transfer money we'll have to wait & watch...but i am skeptical

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Greece and Algeria defeat Ukraine and Egypt respectively to make it to the WC.
Fabregas scored for Spain.

Gallas' fellow CB Escude stretchered off. :sweat:

thierry henry the cheating douchebag handballs his way to the world cup. tough luck for the irish. were miles better than france but still ended you losing the tie due to that ridiculous decision. if that after so many years is how you get to the world cup, then as drogba says its a fuc*ing disgrace. shame.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
unlucky for ireland,but still the pathetic display of france wont see them go beyond the round of 16.same applies for argentina.

happy that slovenia are featuring in the WC though :)

@a_rahim-agree 200% with ya.what a lame handball by henry.he puts his hand to stop the ball and midway chips it to gallas,who thankfully scores.

"Diego Maradona got away with it in 1986, in much more blatant circumstances. Henry, if he did cheat, did it much more quickly and subtly than the Argentine."
Posted again:
also nani assists portugal into wc :)

Last edited:
NOOOOOO

Russia not in World Cup :(

Kudos to Slovenia, battled pretty hard and won by away goals. Feel sad for Arshavin and Hiddink :(

Atleast Hiddink is available now, if at all Abromovich is not happy with the coach :???:

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Henry: once a cheat, always a cheat..( or should i replace cheat with gunner);-)
That really pissed me off.Henry is a genius and a gentleman on and off the pitch.Why don't you care about your Granny shagging,referee abusing,dangerous tackling,diving,hypocritical wanker.
Don't care what you or English tabloids think.Already had enough of their ****.
Henry is a legend.Period.
Posted again:
thierry henry the cheating douchebag handballs his way to the world cup
**** off.Atleast he admitted it was a handball unlike the man****s who dive all the time and claim they never dive.No player will beg the ref to disallow the goal which takes his team to the WC.
Why not bring goal line tech and get done with sh1t refereeing once and for all.

Last edited:
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
*www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog/posts/on-thierry-henry-handball-and-ireland--eduardo-gibbs-good-news

Arseblogger gets it spot on yet again,and he is IRISH

Morning, morning.

Well can I just say:

f**k YOU INTERLULL. I HOPE YOU GET KNOCKED DOWN BY A BUS. THEN RAPED BY A BEAR. IN THE FACE.

Leaving aside the fact we've had no Arsenal for two weeks the hysteria over last night's handball by Thierry Henry has been ludicrous. The ire of Ireland fans I can fully understand but the vitriol levelled at Henry from some quarters has been way over the top.

Some have suggested that Henry's status as an Arsenal legend is tarnished because of this. Erm, is it ok to point out that, you know, he's a Barcelona player now and what he did last night has nothing to do with anything he did at Arsenal?

John Cross from the Mirror said on his Twitter:

Next time Arsenal are cheated, no one can complain. This was a big game.

Again, what the f**k does it have to do with Arsenal? Henry Winter gets in on the shrieking hysteria:

Why Thierry? Why ruin your reputation for sportsmanship? Journalists are now running thru Stade de Fraud looking for you. Why did you cheat?

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!! WHYYYYYYYYY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??!!!!

Then there are no-marks like Tony Cascarino saying s**t like this? f**k off. Cascarino was the man who played for Ireland 90 times or something and he wasn't even Irish! I don't mean he wasn't Irish like so many of the 'granny rule' players, he had no connection to us whatsoever and now tries to make a living as someone who knows something about football. And even at face value at least he had a football reputuation to tarnish, not one for gambling and beating up women. And he calls Henry insincere? f**k off, you toothless, Chelsea prick.

Look, it was a handball, he cheated, no question about it. Would I have preferred he didn't do it? Of course. Is it the only reason Ireland didn't qualify for the World Cup? No. Thierry is now Ireland's most hated man, there are Facebook groups and websites with Guestbooks where you can register and call him whatever name you want, but for me it's a real shame that professional sports writers are talking about Henry ruining his reputation as if this is what defines his career. They ought to hang their heads and get some perspective.

You had pundits last night, players who actually played the game, who suggested that Henry should have told the ref he'd handled it. Seriously! As if they would have when they were playing. As if an Irish player would have if he'd done it. The soapboxing was unreal and, frankly, bullshit. For anyone who has played the game - AT ANY LEVEL - to say that they would have told the referee they handled it out of good sportsmanship is a liar. And when World Cup qualification is on the table? Give me a break.

If it had been against Serbia, for example, would anyone give a s**t? Same thing as the Eduardo dive, isn't it? Everyone's got a soft spot for good old Celtic and sure aren't the Irish great craic, therefore the anger and outraged is multiplied. And I'm an Irishman so I won't be lectured to by English journalists about how I should feel about what happened or Thierry Henry. But there wouldn't be 10% of the fuss if he'd done the same thing against some swarthy eastern Europeans. And if the shoe had been on the other foot, or the glove on the other hand, perhaps, would there be such a ferocious reaction about how the nasty Irish had cheated the French? I don't think so. I dare to say those in the English press might have had a good laugh at the expense of their cross-channel rivals.

He should not have handled it but he did. Ireland should have scored at least one more goal but they didn't and how many times have we watched football for something like this to happen? Thierry has been a magnificent footballer, he has won practically every medal there is to win (sadly one in particular with that scabby lot in Spain), and that for me is how he'll be remembered, despite the efforts of some to sully that.

Is Michael Owen remembered only for his blatant dive against Argentina? Wayne Rooney for diving to win that penalty at Old Trafford? No. They are all pieces of instinctive cheating, it happens in football since time immemorial and will continue to do so. And let's not jump on our high horses as Arsenal fans when we've had players who have, down the years, done exactly the same, to score goals and win games for us.

By all means be pissed off at Henry but if you let what happened last night somehow tarnish what he did for us then, in my humble opinion, that'd be wrong. No more to say on that now - and if you do want to comment in the arses feel free, just remember this is an Arsenal site, not an Ireland site and comport yourself accordingly.

Last edited:

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Myles Palmer, who writes an Arsenal site remember, says:

What a scumbag ! What a pitiful, cheating scumbag ! Thierry Henry, you are the scum of Paris, the scum of world sport, the scum of the earth.

The scum of the earth? Can people now treat that site and that writer with the absolute disdain he deserves? ****ing leech

such n00bs are associated with arsenal?? :lol::lol: F*** yourself Myles Palmer.

Henry cheated.a fact.but he aint associated with arsenal anymore and this one incident shouldnt be used to tarnish his classy image as an otherwise brilliant footballer.Period.

Top Bottom