Results are only viewable after voting.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
dude i still think utd's midfield is so very consistent.consider this mid

nani/giggs--scholes/carr--fletch/hargr/gibson--park ji/valencia

dont it look formidable holmes??

Rahim

Married!
^Watson, Compare that to Chelsea's and you will understand how inferior it is.
When will Nani or Valencia really excite us? Carrick is a light-weight player. There not a single player in that who can score goals. The fact that SAF still depends on Giggs and Scholes says a lot about the quality of other players.

Last edited:

XTerminator

carrick aint light dude..one of the best midfielders in BPL today.i agree tho that utd are gonna score goals only with the sole hope of our forwards..rooney gotta step up,which im sure he will,also hope berbatov and owen chip in a few

uhh, no.

The Blues have Lamps, Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Deco (now more comfortable, hopefully) , Malouda, Zhirkhov, Joe Cole, Belletti (more of a defensive mid, but very flexible)

And Hargreaves has been injured for quite a long time, like Rosicky of Arsenal.

Rahim

Married!
^How can Rooney score with such a poor mid-field? Rooney has done so much for this team. He was toyed around last year and suddenly people start jumping and comes up with "Rooney has to step up", this is not fair. Then what the hell the other players are there for? Just make up the numbers. I am concerned that players like Brown and O' Shea are still around and depended upon. When will Tosic, Oberfan get their run out?

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Lol @ Terry and Rooney having a go at Eduardo.I hope he destroys England.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
After the own goal and the confidence knocked out of the kiddos,

@Terminator: Make up your mind and then construct your OWN opinions. Don't read football blogs too much. I am sure we have seen football long enough to understand it better. ESPNStar has some clowns too like Shebby Singh and Paul Masefield.

On the contrary I thought we were OK after going down,we had a few goes at the United goal,and nearly succeeded in the end.Last season our heads used to drop after going down.

Reading good blogs like Arseblog is fun,often they raise some good points you wouldn't notice otherwise(plus the occasional contest:p)
Agree on the ESPN clowns though.

Last edited:
OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Stevo's blog on the Ars vs Utd

"Despite what Arsene Wenger said about Manchester United, the Red Devils did play some very good football at Old Trafford last weekend.

I honestly think managers have a habit of making excuses.

Although Arsenal, as a team, looked the better side throughout that high profile game, they were rattled by United for ten crucial minutes. United upset them, Arsenal lost their way and United took control.

United seemed to be hungrier and had more fire in their belly than Arsenal. The Gunners played really well but they came out with nothing.

In the end, it was a case of 'same old, same old' for Arsenal. They have done it many times - performed well but failed to get a result. We have been saying how wonderful Arsenal play for four years now, but how much longer do we have to wait for the Arsenal players to mature?

As far as United are concerned, I don't like Sir Alex Ferguson's men playing a defensive style with one only up-front, especially at home. They have tried it on a couple of occasions, particularly against Barcelona in the Champions League final and it doesn't work. They also tried it in European games away from home and, again, it didn't work.

United should play with a 4-4-2 formation more often and I think Fergie was far too cautious against Arsenal."
Ferguson always plays a physical and defensive game to disrupt Arsenal's game,every single time.Due to the kids getting easily kicked out of the game+Ronaldo as an outlet,it has worked in recent years.But I don't think it will work anymore with the new formation of Arsenal and a new Alex Song.

Oh,and this result was not a "same old Arsenal" result.Yes,we lost.But,a lot of positivity has been generated after the game after the performance.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Shebby Singh is always clueless. :| "yes, john! no, john!" and he never knows what he wants to say and what he is saying. :|

Only Steve McMahon (biased sometimes) and Jamie Reeves talk some sense IMO.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Football Focus is overall a bad show. I personally like the matches and also "Goals". Goals is my fav show as it is no-nonsense. Off- late the matches are going a bit drab... As Arsenal_Gunners said, the art of slide tackles and also that of crisp, fine finishing (a la Bergkamp) has been lost somewhere and it needs to be rediscovered...

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot

Do you think it is as formidable as
----Song
--Cesc---Nasri

with Denilson,Ramsey,Diaby,Merida waiting in the wings.

with Walcott\Arshavin\Persie\Bendtner\Eboue pressing hard at the flanks?(left Rozza for the obvious reasons.)

I think we are 2nd only to CFC in midfield.Liverpool's midfield is dire.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Our midfield does look good, but I'll only comment after December.

btw, Carrick has been abysmal so far (in these early games).

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Do you think it is as formidable as
----Song
--Cesc---Nasri
with Denilson,Ramsey,Diaby,Merida waiting in the wings.
with Walcott\Arshavin\Persie\Bendtner\Eboue pressing hard at the flanks?(left Rozza for the obvious reasons.)

If Rozza has a good injury-free spell of around 3 months, he can change Arsenal's season. I hope he is among the ones available in Jan-May 2010.

Krow

Crowman
Oh twats! Credit to you then a_rahim! :lol:
Posted again:
When did I make the point?:confused:
Some of the side-tackles by Gallas and Vermaelen have been superb this season though.
I would like to see Song do the same. Gallas according to my observations is coming back to his best, but is not yet there. He is sometimes rescued by Sagna(against manyoo at least), who has been good, but isn't praised that much for it.

Last edited:

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
Yes Sagna is really good . . Had really proved himself last season too . . And Gallas is playing really well . . He scores some odd goals at times . . And maybe it makes him leave his guard at times and comes forward often . .

XTerminator

uhh, no.

The Blues have Lamps, Essien, Mikel, Ballack, Deco (now more comfortable, hopefully) , Malouda, Zhirkhov, Joe Cole, Belletti (more of a defensive mid, but very flexible)

And Hargreaves has been injured for quite a long time, like Rosicky of Arsenal.

giggs has been brilliant +nani is showing promise.
scholes / carrick can deliver delicious through balls
fletch / hargreaves can play their roles as dmfs..hargreaves soon to return from injury.
park is great on the right,ever so hard-working..

easily one of the most formidable midfields in the league.

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I like Park he is fast and does his job really well . . Giggs looks so worn out . . And except for Roo all look average players . . They seem to have lost the magic . .

Rahim

Married!
The point is this United mid-field looks so ordinary if you compare it with past ones.

Techalomaniac: You stole my thunder :D I will definitely tackle you now!!!!!!

Top Bottom