• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
ManCity put a suitcase full of cash on the table and the Arsenal board couldn't believe it. "This much for Toure?? WOW!" And they promptly sold off the Ivorian.

Here's what Peter Hill-Wood said about Toure's transfer request in January:

“I know about it (the transfer request). But we are not going to accept it.” “We are not looking to let any of our players go and he is under contract – and we expect him to honour it.”

Why the drastic change? It all points towards money. :|

Expecting players to honour their contract and then selling them off when someone offers loadsamoney. How loyal.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
*www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5458540,00.html

Martin O'Neill believes City can win the Premiership this season :rolleyes:

I'm pretty shocked at his statement. Definitely not what I'd expected. Or is O'Neill up to something?

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
just watched the greentown vs utd highlights....
the 5th goal by nani for which berba and nani combine is f**king awesome

berba was on fire in this match... hope he can bring some of this form to england..
he's doing well playing as a target man.. with 2 orthodox wingers...& recieving long balls from the centre midfield....
nani & owen were also very good.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Ahh, loyalty. If the club sell a player whom they don't consider good anough any more, no questions are asked about them being loyal to the player. But if a player ditches the club to further his ambition, he is disloyal. :rolleyes:

Some people need to realize that loyalty works both ways. :lol:

True! As club fans we are way too biased to our clubs.
But it also matters how the player leaves the club. I know plenty of players who have left their clubs and are still respected. If Alonso decides to leave, I am sure he won't be disrespected or considered disloyal. But if a player leaves like Owen or McManaman did, that is bound to piss off the fans.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
*www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5458540,00.html

Martin O'Neill believes City can win the Premiership this season :rolleyes:

I'm pretty shocked at his statement. Definitely not what I'd expected. Or is O'Neill up to something?

I wonder why he said that too. :?
But they look quite good now. If they have a decent PL run particularly a CL spot, next season they'll be as dangerous as CFC of 2003-04. :|
The only difference I find them and CFC, is that CFC were good enough to have already qualified for the CL, and as result they attracted foreign players much more successfully. Same case is with Citeh, if they qualify for CL.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I wonder why he said that too. :?
But they look quite good now. If they have a decent PL run particularly a CL spot, next season they'll be as dangerous as CFC of 2003-04. :|
The only difference I find them and CFC, is that CFC were good enough to have already qualified for the CL, and as result they attracted foreign players much more successfully. Same case is with Citeh, if they qualify for CL.

Okay, let's end this once and for all.

Chelsea in 6 seasons prior to Abramovich...Prem finishes 4th, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 6th, 4th, 2 x FA Cups, UEFA CWC, UEFA Super Cup, League Cup

Citeh in 6 seasons prior to Sheikh Mansour...Prem finishes 9th, 16th, 8th, 15th, 14th, 9th errr...that's it.

Too lazy to type it myself, so I'm just quoting from a mail.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^ ^ ^
I know ze history.
That only makes Chelsea to have a more "glorious" history and that's true.

Nice to see you admitting that history DOES matter. :D

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ That was not history. That was just a rebuttal to those who say we only started performing well when we got the Russian money. :|

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Surely from a team which were a top-6 and overachieved in cup competitions to become a 2 time PL winner, and consistent CL performer and one among its favourites. money only let them there, that too in a very short duration.
Money was NOT the ONLY factor, but was a major factor it was. If they hadn't had that much amount of money as Roman had, it would have taken 3-5 more years to be the level you lot reached in few months if if you lot would have been a money like an average rich club has and a huge slice of luck.

Top Bottom