• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rahim

Married!
Ronaldo - Real dream is ove

Cristiano Ronaldo has delivered Manchester United a huge boost by declaring a move to Real Madrid is no longer in his thoughts.
I hope the monkey business will stop here!!

err? A typical Man Utd fan. :p (Missing the point)

I have not said that Walcott is better than Rooney. I've just said Rooney is not worth 30m pounds and he has not lived up to the hype which the media (and some Everton + Man Utd fans) created 5 years back. Thats all. :p

Edit: I'll agree on the fact that currently he has been playing good.

talking of that english players are genuinely overpriced. rooney is a support striker and support strikers usually dont score many goals. plus added the fact that he plays mostly out of position and still manages to make brilliant assists almost every game. thinking, i dont think any english player justifies his price.

OP
Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UQq3uez0I0&eurl=*www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog&feature=player_embedded
Walcott interviewed by Arseblog.Top bloke.Hopefully he will deliver tomorrow.

red_devil

Back!
Have you(chelsea ;) )got the cojones?

ONLY a philistine could not have been impressed by the way Barcelona destroyed Real Madrid 6-2 at the Bernabeu on Saturday night.

Or a Chelsea supporter. Or the odd journalist (and how odd they can be).

The trouble with people who follow Premier League football is that many of them have become hugely — and enjoyably — cynical.

And now that cynicism is matched by sides like Chelsea. Or, maybe, it’s the other way round, Chelsea make US cynical.

So the first response to a night of magic in Madrid — Barcelona’s biggest win at the Bernabeu in 35 years — is not how it was a magnificent example of attacking football. It was how poor Real Madrid were.

It’s a continuation of the theme from the previous Wednesday at the Nou Camp.

Rather than being pilloried for their dire, defensive display in Barcelona, Chelsea were lauded for a pragmatic, common-sense approach to the business of escaping with a result from hostile territory.

The fact they didn’t give a toss about either boring the pants off everyone in the stadium bar their own fans or having a sly dig at anything in a red and blue shirt (something for which we always used to castigate Continentals) is beside the point.

So what if it’s more Vinnie Jones than Gazza, more Dennis Wise than Glenn Hoddle, more Michael Ballack than Andres Iniesta?

So what if Liverpool proved two seasons ago that you can go to the Nou Camp, attack and come away with a victory?

It’s all a means to an end — reaching the Champions League final.

Personally, I don’t believe it’s a very courageous stance.

Which is why the second leg at Stamford Bridge is going to be one hell of an encounter.

There have already been gung-ho suggestions that Chelsea will continue in their cunning wheeze to kick Lionel Messi, Thierry Henry and Co out of the competition.

Yes, that IS one way of stopping a team. But it doesn’t exactly score goals for you.

So let’s see if Chelsea have the courage to open themselves up and have a real go.

Except that will give Barcelona the chance to skewer them on the counter-attack. Yet that’s the sort of fight most of us prefer. Not standing on people’s toes, pulling shirts or taking players down from behind.

Yes, Chelsea have recently gone through the most successful spell in their history.

And yet there are thousands of Blues’ supporters who still prefer to recall the enormous style and panache with which the Peter Osgood side of the 70s performed.

Personally, I don’t believe Blues boss Guus Hiddink actually likes to play the way his side did in Spain.

How could he, this coach who produced such thrillingly-attacking sides like PSV Eindhoven, South Korea and the current Russia?

Even more so a man who said at the 2002 World Cup: “All the European teams played defensive football but the worst of all were England.

“I find it impossible to believe they are leaving the tournament with their heads held high.

“They spent all their games running backwards. Is this the same England who had a reputation for attacking so much? It’s terrible to see them play like that.”

To repeat what this column said last week: how ironic Roman Abramovich got rid of Jose Mourinho because he wanted Chelsea to play entertaining football and now they are back playing trademark Mourinho football.

Well, Hiddink has the chance on Wednesday to show Chelsea CAN play his way.

And they can — as we saw in their heroic 3-1 win at Anfield this season and in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final against Liverpool at Stamford Bridge last term.

The prospect of another Manchester United-Chelsea final is anathema to everyone but the supporters of either club — and there are probably a few United fans who don’t fancy it much, either.

Adding insult to injury would be if Barcelona, a side that would grace Rome’s Olympic Stadium, were kicked out of the tournament by a team whose sole purpose was to prevent the opposition playing.

Some may view this as naive. But far better to appeal to a team’s better nature than its worst.

Come on, Chelsea, play the game. You know you can. If you have the cojones.

source :
*www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article2409688.ece

just didn't wanna post only a link to that page :p

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
We are the famous CFC and we don't give a f*ck! :D

Especially to the British press. They can shove their tabloids up the place where the sun don't shine. :D

red_devil

Back!
<really need to see some flares in this thread... a nice little flame war should just be the IDEAL build up to the big games...>

c'mon abyss..where are you ?? have you got nothing to say ??

red_devil

Back!
lol... talk of bad timing in posting that looooong quote...abyss isn't around and at least right now the thread is still boring.. once abyss comes by i really wanna chant -

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT :D

Top Bottom