• Arsenal

• Real Madrid

• A.C. Milan

• Liverpool

• Manchester City

Results are only viewable after voting.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Tugay may retire after this season - *www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1645120,00.html

He has been one of the most underrated players IMHO.

ha ha what a load of feluda.

Watch that Spurs v Unted match again and see how many time Vidic's baby was smelling the grass on every challenge. Bent pawned him for the 1st goal. If the goal has to be bamed on side-backs then what is the use of playing Central Defenders? He is lazy and shuns away from physical battle and celebrates the most when United scores. He is under an impression that he has some thing in common with The Efficient German Machine & Franz Anton Beckenbauer!!!!!!!

O'Shea is World Class, right?

mate you can come up with only one game against spurs and i have already given a dozen examples on what happens when rio doesnt play for club and country. isnt vida too at fault for not heading the ball clear. one mistake against spurs makes him a bad defender. people dont understand. there are two parts of defending in the modern game- winning the balls in the air and then cleaning up the mess. thats why u have two different types of defenders in every team like terry- carvalho, rio-vida and others. rio has man marked many great and physical strikers like adriano, ibra, eto'o, drogba. if he is so bad why does our defence and especially vida suffer so much without him.

err where the F did my reply to 7152 & 7153 go ?? i did get the usual - "following errors occurred thing" so i just didn't bother to check it again ... oh !!

anyways wrt posts 7152 &7153 :

Rio is a bloody over rated defender... and i just hate it when he gets the captains arm band... he just thinks of himself as the classiest of all players and kinda gets all bossy etc etc ...

and I completely agree with rahim bhai about the lennon thing.... yes Evra got beat against lennon but what was rio doing ? 1st Evra gets beat, then Vidic being next in line of defense tries to head it clear and this dude just got lost and instead of marking Bent, he was caught marking his shadow :-@

it is mainly because of his nationality that he is rated such highly... its mainly the brits who rate him higher than Vida... they just can't get neutral and then look at the dude..
Rio and Theo Walcott are possibly the most over rated players in the PL and its mainly cos of their nationality...

< i do know that Arsenal_gunners and that niaa dude will come for my head cos i said Theo was "over rated" but its just my opinion guys...you are most welcome to defend him>

vida has been for the past 3 seasons. before that when stam was sold and when vida was new to the league rio carried our defence on his shoulders during the successful league campaign in 2003 and the the carling cup campaign too. he is overpriced but not overrated. the fact that we have som many problems when he doesnt play speaks volumes of his abiltiy

regarding today's games brilliant result for us. got ourselves 6 points clear plus rested the main players. rio should be back for tuesday which is good news. evra was substituted. tevez didnt play from the start. carrick,fletcher and anderson were rested and so was ronnie. brilliant build up to the midweek game

Everyone is free to have his own opinion. :)

As far as Theo is concerned, we'll see him in the coming 2-3 years.

And yea, if you want you can also add Wayne Rooney to that list. 30m pounds of aggression and little skill. I think you'll be able to recall the hype 5 years back and then his signing by United. He has never really lived up to the hype IMHO.

Atleast we haven't paid 30m pounds for Walcott.

Edit: I agree on your point of nationality though. The British press is really moronic.

did you say little skill???? its for all to see what rooney has been to the team for the past 3 seasons. infact whenever we lost last season, incidentally rooney wasnt in the team. what has walcott done since joining arsenal???? we can talk about who's the better player once arsenal and walcott prove themselves and win some trophies.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
did you say little skill???? its for all to see what rooney has been to the team for the past 3 seasons. infact whenever we lost last season, incidentally rooney wasnt in the team. what has walcott done since joining arsenal???? we can talk about who's the better player once arsenal and walcott prove themselves and win some trophies.
err? A typical Man Utd fan. :p (Missing the point)

I have not said that Walcott is better than Rooney. I've just said Rooney is not worth 30m pounds and he has not lived up to the hype which the media (and some Everton + Man Utd fans) created 5 years back. Thats all. :p

Edit: I'll agree on the fact that currently he has been playing good.

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Walcott & Rooney are both good players in their respective positions. No point comparing them since they play entirely different roles. :|

Oh, and ManU splashed out on Rooney when he was the toast of the nation - scoring against Arsenal, showing frightening potential etc etc. They later realized that he doesn't really score so many goals and his temper can get out of control. Still, he is a team player and contributes in any way he can.

Walcott is still a work-in-progress and will surely make the right-winger position his own, for England in the near future simply coz Becks can't play forever and the new DB7 (David Bentley) has disappeared. His final ball needs improvement though, just like SWP and Aaron Lennon. :p

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
<offtopic>

Drogba became the proud father of a baby boy today!! That explains the cradle rocking celebrations after the 2nd goal!! :) :) :)

</offtopic>

5-2 to Barca
No wonder Real Madrid were beaten 4-0 by Poll, what horrible, appalling defence :|
I'm mesmerised and in complete awe of Messi :D

Top Bottom